Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some Player Housing Improvements

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Of course we (and HOPEFULLY ZOS) all know we'd like an increase in the item count and (even MORE for me) an increase in the player caps. So this isn't about that. But rather, there are a couple of small things that perhaps would be fairly easy for ZOS to implement.

Time of day: Since houses are instanced there's no real reason they HAVE to follow the day/night cycle of the rest of the game world. A simple toggle to allow us to choose if it is daytime or nighttime in our homes (especially useful for those homes that have outdoor spaces) would be wonderful. Imagine... your bonfire and torchlit soirees actually being able to be held AT NIGHT! Vampires rejoice as at long last you have a haven from the hateful sun! LOL WEATHER toggles would be wonderful as well if ZOS could be persuaded to get really fancy.

Music: A toggle to choose which in game area's "soundtrack" plays in your home would also be really nifty. And here's hoping NPC bards (with the CHOICE of having them ONLY play INSTRUMENTAL versions of all the songs available!) will soon be a thing as well. Surely something I'd prefer over some depressing soulshriven moping in the corner!

Walls, doorways and stairs: Please add these to the available "Structures" section so that we can finally have these WITHOUT having a bunch of small pieces sucking up our item count in order to achieve the same thing, albeit much more poorly.

A range of fireplaces and cooking stations: PRETTY PLEASE?

Feel free to share your own "Quality of Life" improvements for housing!
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Additional permissions layer so people can't use my lights
    - Better overall interior lighting instead of everything being so dark, or just increase lighting radius
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    - Better overall interior lighting instead of everything being so dark, or just increase lighting radius

Oh that first one would be fantastic! LOL And I agree with your second point about lighting as well but I think that was done deliberately to "force" us to buy more lighting by one means or another.

I also forgot to advocate for an increase in our friend lists from 100 to 500 just like our guild lists. Specifically because it will make giving access to our homes easier. I'd also like to see a wider range of permission implemented for EACH house you own, including the ability to create a specific guest list from your friends AND guild lists!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Of course we (and HOPEFULLY ZOS) all know we'd like an increase in the item count and (even MORE for me) an increase in the player caps. So this isn't about that. But rather, there are a couple of small things that perhaps would be fairly easy for ZOS to implement.

Time of day: Since houses are instanced there's no real reason they HAVE to follow the day/night cycle of the rest of the game world. A simple toggle to allow us to choose if it is daytime or nighttime in our homes (especially useful for those homes that have outdoor spaces) would be wonderful. Imagine... your bonfire and torchlit soirees actually being able to be held AT NIGHT! Vampires rejoice as at long last you have a haven from the hateful sun! LOL WEATHER toggles would be wonderful as well if ZOS could be persuaded to get really fancy.

Music: A toggle to choose which in game area's "soundtrack" plays in your home would also be really nifty. And here's hoping NPC bards (with the CHOICE of having them ONLY play INSTRUMENTAL versions of all the songs available!) will soon be a thing as well. Surely something I'd prefer over some depressing soulshriven moping in the corner!

Walls, doorways and stairs: Please add these to the available "Structures" section so that we can finally have these WITHOUT having a bunch of small pieces sucking up our item count in order to achieve the same thing, albeit much more poorly.

A range of fireplaces and cooking stations: PRETTY PLEASE?

Feel free to share your own "Quality of Life" improvements for housing!

These pretty much sum up the things I would like too. Yes. All of them.

• OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    Yes to both.
    If we could control the "Tamriel Time" per se, we could determine the total amount of light in our homes.
    Control over the weather would be nice too...I'd like my Daggerfall Castle to be dark and rainy, or just dark.
    Also since apparently the interior's of homes do not obey any kind of physics with respect to ambient lighting, Im rather annoyed at how "bright" my homes can be during mid-day even if all the windows have been covered up.

As for the light control, absolutely.
    How many times I have come home to find lights turned off, then having to spend 5 minutes turning them all back on again, especially when you have to use excessive numbers of lights to create a scene since only Candle lights and Lamps can be used, as almost all Braziers give off the really irritating and unwanted halo.
    Edited by OmniDo on September 8, 2017 6:15PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see an intuitive drop down menu when friends or guild mates right click on your name so instead of seeing visit primary residence it just says visit residence and when they click on it they can choose any of your homes.

Would also be nice if we could allow those we really trust to not only move things around in our homes but place items from their inventory.
    Right now our guild leader is busy with real life stuff and doesn't have much time for the game. This means getting our guild hall looking good is pretty much on hold.

This one probably wouldn't be simple but I would like a slider so I could decrease or increase the size of some items. I have a small yard I would like to put a fountain in but so far they all seem to be bigger than my yard. Would like to make statues and trophies smaller also.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • sexyphenix
    I love the idea of letting our friends place things from their inventory into our homes. I didn't know they couldn't so when I bought the Hakkvild's High Hall as our Werewolf Guild house I assumed they could put their wolf mounts in this home. I was bummed out they couldn't and I had to buy their mounts to stick in the Guild hall-waste of money on my end since I'll never use those mounts but whatever...

What I found very upsetting for a new player like myself that is working on my crafting but that takes a lot of time; so I mostly have to hunt the Guild stores, and mainly buy everything from the crown store. My two pet pee's are change the Furniture crafting recipe's lower the skill levels on these things. I mean really why do we need to be improvement 4 on blacksmith, 5 on woodmaker and yeah and lets add 4 enchantment just to make one piece of furniture-THAT'S CRAZY!!! Don't get me started even on the the number of stuff needed to make said furniture- who has 20 bags of flour laying around just to make one piece of wax fruit???

Oh wait a minute I thought of one more annoying thing to after telling you all I mainly buy all my houses furnished mine you from the Guild store. I would like to add a simple change on that one very thing, STOP making all the furniture bound to us when we buy the house furnished. My bank is so full of stuff I'll never use. I would love to give that stuff to my friends so they could use it in their houses.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A furniture craft bag would be awesome. I am really struggling with storage of crown bought furniture items. And since I paid real money for all these extra pieces, I shouldn't be punished by losing all my precious inventory space.

I stopped buying stuff from the crown store because I literally have 2.5 junk yard "storage" houses full of 600/600 items AND a full bank. It's a nightmare decorating. I'm like trying to swap items out from a house that's full into my inventory that's full into my bank which is also full and then when I want a particular dresser or sconce because I have a creative idea for it I have to travel around to 3-4 different houses looking for it. And no way am I going to destroy something I paid crowns for!! It might be useful someday!!

Please zos heeeeeelp me.

Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Time of day: Since houses are instanced there's no real reason they HAVE to follow the day/night cycle of the rest of the game world.

Yes -- please. This would be a huge win as a new feature.

And another huge win that would help mitigate the need (to some extent) for tremendous item cap increases -- rather, perhaps then we would just need modest item cap increases.

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    A furniture craft bag would be awesome. I am really struggling with storage of crown bought furniture items. And since I paid real money for all these extra pieces, I shouldn't be punished by losing all my precious inventory space.

I stopped buying stuff from the crown store because I literally have 2.5 junk yard "storage" houses full of 600/600 items AND a full bank. It's a nightmare decorating. I'm like trying to swap items out from a house that's full into my inventory that's full into my bank which is also full and then when I want a particular dresser or sconce because I have a creative idea for it I have to travel around to 3-4 different houses looking for it. And no way am I going to destroy something I paid crowns for!! It might be useful someday!!

Please zos heeeeeelp me.

A furniture bag would help so much with storage and decorating efficiency. And given the similarities to the terrific crafting bag we already have in ESO+, it should be dead easy for ZO$ to implement.

Be kind to us multi-house owners, and improve the housing system generally by giving us a furniture bag please ZO$ !!