Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant and frequent disconnections

crimsonXxRAGE
crimsonXxRAGE
Soul Shriven
So, my issue is pretty simple, Ill be playing for about 5 minutes and Ill disconnect from the game and xbox live. This will happen consistantly throughout the day everytime I try to play. Normally, I wouldnt have an issue, and write it up to my connection being poor. However, these arent normal circumstances. I will disconnect several times in a row, and then Ill switch over to something like Overwatch, another online game, and I wont have so much as a lag spike throughout my several competitive games. I will then come back to ESO and begin to disconnect, again.
Im just wondering if anyone else has this problem, and what could be causing it, and if it has a fix.
  • crimsonXxRAGE
    crimsonXxRAGE
    Soul Shriven
    I should probably add, theres no pattern to this, sometimes I wont disconnect at all, typically late at night. Also, my friends never seem to have this issue either
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Open up the ports required for the game on your platform, it will help a considerable margin
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Open up the ports required for the game on your platform, it will help a considerable margin

This doesn't seem to resolve it for some but not a bad suggestion. I have the issues still so ports open or not the only resolution for this game was to play on wifi vs wired.

Sounds odd but that's been the best work around
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • crimsonXxRAGE
    crimsonXxRAGE
    Soul Shriven

This doesn't seem to resolve it for some but not a bad suggestion. I have the issues still so ports open or not the only resolution for this game was to play on wifi vs wired.

If youre saying to play on WiFi, instead of wired, I only play on WiFi and the persists. I could potebtially try a wired connection but that would involve finding a new place for my xbox and moving most of my setup, which I dont really want to do.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If youre saying to play on WiFi, instead of wired, I only play on WiFi and the persists. I could potebtially try a wired connection but that would involve finding a new place for my xbox and moving most of my setup, which I dont really want to do.

Wired connection is vital for online gaming, with wireless you run the risk of packet loss at horrible moments.

E.g BF or CoD, taking a kill shot and you lag or w/e.

Wired is way better for gaming.

Your choice.

The problems you may have stems from possibly not having ports open for the game, playing on wireless, and possibly third party loss of communication, e.g x box live lagging.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access