The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone Still Using Viper?

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put viper with sheer venom on my stam sorc for fun. Its interesting. When poisoned status, viper, venom, poison injection, hurricane, and rending slashes are all up its a lot of numbers. Numbers are cool.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the viper DoT stacks from multiple sources, or if they overwrite each other?
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    So viper got changed to damage over time last patch. Anyone still using it? I'm guessing nightblades have all dropped it because they need burst and not damage over time. It needed to be changed as it was too strong anyways. However, I have a bunch of Viper gear and I want to know if I should just decon it all or if there is a class with niche build that can still make use of Viper. Or are other sets just better options now?

Not gunna get into it too much right now.. but yes. Still hits like a truck. Tried a TON of other sets / set combinations. Bottom line is viper is still a part of my PvP set-up.
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d only run viper if it was on a double defile build with skoria 2 piece
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why it wouldn't be useful in a dot build, more specifically dual wielding.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why it wouldn't be useful in a dot build, more specifically dual wielding.

vDSA DW would add more dmg to the bleed
    Skoria 2 piece would add more damage on a DOT build
    That leaves room for only one five piece.
    You need to run major and minor defile otherwise it’ll get outhealed easily.
    If you run a minor defile poison that means you can’t run a 2x dmg health poison, but that 2x dmg health poison hits harder than viper...
    so fasallas guise (minor defile set) + 2x dmg health poison > viper + minor defile poison.
    So it stands to reason that the optimal DW sets would be skoria, vDSA weps, and fasallas
    But you still need major defile, so backbar would have to be sword and board.
    But oh look at that, we still have room for a five piece set on our backbar. That’d have to be where we’d put viper.

And hey look i just accidentally posted my dueling build lol.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    My stamblade still uses Viper for PvE; tho I'm old school and still use Velidreth too - just like the crowd clearing it does so I can do quests quicker. Getting gold Poisonous Serpant jewelry is brutal but that could certainly replace it some day.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assasins Guile is a good alternative if you run double drain health poisons. The proc will heal, do damage and both can crit. I got a message the other day that was, "9k poison wtf?"
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite builds on my nightblade right now is viper, skoria, dw axes and another set which will remain unnamed for now :).

Viper still awesome.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still works well but there are better
    Meta alternatives, if you
    like and embrace the dot play style fully it will still do its thing like it used to -- but with a healthier window for its victims re counter play.