Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magika pvp nightblade, who's #1?

joe_dirte9
joe_dirte9
Soul Shriven
Yes, as far as I've read this question has been asked a lot and largely opinionated. Problem is every thread I find is outdated and I just started playing so unaware of patch changes.

So:
-best race, like #1? I know it's between breton, altmer, and dunmer.
-best approach? I've heard DW + Destro, and DW + Resto. Advantages of both and what race goes better with which?
-vampire vs non-vampire? Advantages?

As of now, what is best?
Edited by joe_dirte9 on September 8, 2017 1:26AM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best for what exactly, what kind of build? Ganking or bombing is a bit different from dueling or surviving long time in small fights, or large groups, etc
  • joe_dirte9
    joe_dirte9
    Soul Shriven
    I guess a better question then would be the difference between the two? Is one better than the other? Im assuming id rather steer towards in amd out fast kills, but preferably not die instantly.. Pretty new to ESO so don't understand all the builds/terms yet.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's necessarily one better than the other. It's more about what kind of playstyle suits you and is fun for you.

Ganking is usually about being stealthy solo or in very small groups ... hanging around the major paths between contested keeps or other high traffic areas. You are out and into stealth on a successful gank very quickly. Then, it's a short wait until the next enemy player wanders by.

Bombing is about high burst and intense AOE on a group of players in a specific location. Bombing can be associated with stealth ... but it's more difficult to escape due to the higher number of players. Therefore, many players choose to be in a group or PvP raid where stealth is on the side.

All that said, magicka nightblades are better suited for bombing. A strong elemental storm ultimate combined with a fully morphed proxy detonation (sometimes in conjunction with the Vicious Death 5-piece set) can create a lot of problems for the other Alliances.

Nightblades can take on other roles in Cyrodiil, too ... such as heals or defile tanks.

TL; DR - Decide what playstyle you would have more fun with first ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 8, 2017 3:57AM
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm a Magblade. I use Destro and Restro. I'm a Dunmer and a Vampire. It is fun to play and if you know HOW to play it's cool. Reason why I play magblade as a vampire is, that's my playstyle. I like it and it's fun.
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Regarding race: Altmer is a safe choice no matter what kind of build you´re planning to do. The difference between the races is not huge (aka you won´t notice a marginal difference unless you´re very experienced), at least not between the ones you´ve mention. Sustain can be a little more difficult on dunmer but other than that....choose whatever you like.

* Setup: Google/forums/youtube is your best friend here. There´re so many builds out there. Do some digging and see what playstyle suits you the best.

* Vamp/no vamp: Not needed, but the passives are good to have in PvP.
  • joe_dirte9
    joe_dirte9
    Soul Shriven
    So, if I was looking for a DW/Destro, Vampire, bombing build, would I be better off as a Breton or dunmer? Also is this combination good and viable?

As far as I've read dunmer are good for countering vampire weaknesses but Breton magic resist also helps, except Breton have more magika.