Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Lynchal Manor, Grand Topal Hideaway, & Tel Galen be permanently available on the Crown Store?

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This is my personal opinion, but time-exclusive houses are beyond stupid. They're usually only bought by people who happen to have saved that many crowns or are pretty well off. Most people are not made of money, however. I personally think these houses need to made available at all times in Crown Store. People will buy them given the chance to save up for them. Do you agree?
Edited by WuffyCerulei on September 6, 2017 10:27PM
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR

Should Lynchal Manor, Grand Topal Hideaway, & Tel Galen be permanently available on the Crown Store? 91 votes

Yes, I want the chance to buy them.
64%
laurajfSorianaBelegnoleCpt_TeemoDarcyMardinValorOsteosKendaricIruil_ESOAlienSlofSheytaKoensolGreyhoofNebthet78BlueVioletDerNachtfalterAshtarisreoskitLinaleahNordic_Pirate 59 votes
No, I have the money to spend.
15%
RiptideShadowHvoSoupDragonwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOactoshMilwaukeeScottkylewwefanShinshadowmbaranski15FakeFoxMarcoPolo184OblivionNWZavsiiYuki 14 votes
Other...
19%
NewBlacksmurfSurragardrotaugen454ixieMasterSpatulaphermitgbkargen27DemycilianZaldansidebysideLarianaAkrasjelRunstheher0notFischblutFluffyReachWitchAnne_FirehawkTelvanniWizard 18 votes
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    If its a major purchase decision, it might be best to forego.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I accidently missed the Topal Hideaway, and I sigh over that. But I'm a student of Roman history, Latin, etc so the theme of the Manor I'm really looking forward to.

And the exclusivity does heighten the anticipation.

I think the limited times on some things does two things:

1. Rewards those who are closely following the monthly crown store showcases....i.e., those that are very "plugged in" to the day to day of the game.

2. Spurs purchases via fear of loss, which spikes sales and makes up for lost sales from those that might purchase over time etc.

As far as being "well off", I honestly think all the homes are affordable to just about anyone - certainly anyone with anything they would call a career. But then I don't buy every new game that comes out or have many other hobbies - and am in my 40s. So I may well have a slanted view.

Edited by Riptide on September 6, 2017 9:29PM
    Esse quam videri.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    Make it available for freaking Gold. Enough with the greed.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    Would clash with their high pressure sales tactics.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have advertised it for awhile and have just done a crown sale. Anyone who wanted it and could afford it should be able to get it. As for exclusivity they do it to heighten excitement and try to get more purchases. Defeats that purpose to have it available all the time
    Edited by Curragraigue on September 6, 2017 9:51PM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    I would have voted yes, but I don't want them. I subscribe to the game and usually have all kinds of crowns to spend. Would be nice to have the houses available if I ever did decide I wanted one.

Would prefer they be offered for in game gold though. I spent crowns for one house and all the others I own I purchased with gold in the game. It just seems I didn't earn the house I bought with crowns. I know it's just me, but I kind of feel like I cheated to get it.

So I voted other. If other people would enjoy the game more with those homes they should be available.

They are a limited offer in an attempt to create an immediate need. If we are told something is only available a short time we are going to be more compelled to get it. It's what we do.

G1n2ZWm.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVERY freaking item should be always available in the Crown Store or at least make a comeback from time to time. I'm sick of things I want to buy and Ican't since no more available!
    Not interested in the slightest in Crates as many others, worst marketing department I ever seen in a game studio, go to the crown store section and read how many users post daily about old items they want back in the store, all cash zos is losing daily in the hope and wait users like us will look at the crates. Keep waiting zos.
    At any rate I have posted even too much (since it seems useless) in the appropriate forum section about this.
    About your question, OP, my answer is: yes.

Obviously I'm not thinking to buy any manor if they do not raise the item slots number, not going to enjoy the half-decoration game; empty houses, no thanks.

And @zos please, make the houses in load screens even more cluttered (if possible), when we go decorating and hit the cap it's so pleasant to admire those screens, the final kick in the nuts.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way they run the crown store is all wrong imo. The store is basically empty with very few things to actually purchase with crowns, with 2 or 3 different things rotating in one a month or whatever. I'm sitting on a ton of crowns with nothing to spend it on because 15 costumes (seriously?) and a handful of houses/hairstyles, and like 10 mounts, 4 of which are just different horse skins (wtf?) is not much to choose from at all.

The entire store needs way way way way more things to purchase, not a few limited-run items every once in awhile while the same 10 things we've all seen for months sits there.

I wanna spend money on things but there's nothing to spend it on, lmao.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    Yes, but not because I want to buy them. I am generaly against having limited time items that are not seasonal or rewards for achieving something.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    The way they run the crown store is all wrong imo. The store is basically empty with very few things to actually purchase with crowns, with 2 or 3 different things rotating in one a month or whatever. I'm sitting on a ton of crowns with nothing to spend it on because 15 costumes (seriously?) and a handful of houses/hairstyles, and like 10 mounts, 4 of which are just different horse skins (wtf?) is not much to choose from at all.

The entire store needs way way way way more things to purchase, not a few limited-run items every once in awhile while the same 10 things we've all seen for months sits there.

I wanna spend money on things but there's nothing to spend it on, lmao.

I wanted to highlight only the most significant words for me from that post, I ended up highlighting all!
    I totally agree with all you wrote in there. Wish they would listen but losing all hope.

And this:
    theher0not wrote: »
    Yes, but not because I want to buy them. I am generaly against having limited time items that are not seasonal or rewards for achieving something.
    +1

Edited by RANKK7 on September 6, 2017 10:34PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    I think they should make them available periodically.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have liked they count for the housing achievements (note, not asking for new achievements but count toward the current ones)
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make these things permanent in the Crown store. I can't afford to pay for it right now. Real Life Bills are a priority, but I know, close to the New Year, I will have some free coinage and would really love to have the new Gold Coast Manor.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    More frequency as in 4-8 times a year but maybe not permanently.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a far greater chance I'd buy them then. I don't do big purchases in a hurry. I certainly will not be rushed into cramming an expenditure between real life expenses if the timing is wrong.
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    ALL THINGS IN THE CROWN STORE SHOULD BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES...

I find this limited time availability crap to be insulting.

You asked.
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other...
    As has already been said, every item should be always available. All this "virtual scarcity" thing is just a scam. Perhaps past items won´t come back, and I´d respect that, because that is Zos selling policy. But they should change it, so every new item released is available forever.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have advertised it for awhile and have just done a crown sale. Anyone who wanted it and could afford it should be able to get it. As for exclusivity they do it to heighten excitement and try to get more purchases. Defeats that purpose to have it available all the time

Yes, they will sell a lot due to hype and so-called exclusivity. But after that it will be unavailable for a long period of time, that is until ZO$ decide to re-introduce it to the Crown Store.

My view is that if it were a permanent feature, sales would still be high initially due to advertising and hype, and then of course it would slow down. But I think over time they would make more sales than keeping it as a limited time item.

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    Only reason to remove items from a virtual store is greed, trying to artificially create value by pretending an item is limited or special when it's not.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I bought my island because I knew it would be exclusive. For limited time. I don't have any other house. If I could buy it any time, I probably wouldn't have bought it. Same with the Manor coming up.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any in a DLC shpuld be gold purchable if you own the dlc
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them, they don't exactly cost a lot and it's hardly a new one each day, you have 2 weeks to save in most cases. Pretty much anyone with a job can save £20, and if you're in a situation where you're struggling to save the small amount required and need to go without maybe you should evaluate priorities to IRL.
    I've been there in the past not buying dinner at school and walking instead of the bus so I could save the cash to buy a WoW subscription by the end of the month.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand why they do limited time sales. I bought Grand Topal fast because it was limited time only...if it hadn't been, I would have sat on the fence for three months thinking about it, maybe deciding never to buy it.

I mean...I hate limited time sales... but I get the reason for them.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes after they fire their marketing team or contractor.
    Xbox One Na
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, make them available all the time. I've spent crowns on several houses, including Earthtear Cavern, but I refuse to buy the "only available for 4 days!!" houses. ZOS's high pressure marketing tactics just annoy me.