Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A ritual in the ragged hills quest is too hard to solo

Zinrio666
Zinrio666
Soul Shriven
Was questing in the rift and i stumbled upon this quest and the bone colossus boss you have to fight is too OP! he keeps spawning adds and the dude is like a damage sponge! ZOS should really nerf this boss imo.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overworld quest content shouldn't be that hard, although sometimes specific bosses and their mechanics (like add spawning) can prove a problem.

Can you provide a bit more information about your character such as class, maybe some skills and weapons and what armour (and sets) you're using?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zinrio666
    Zinrio666
    Soul Shriven
    My class is a stam dk with nord as my race, dw and bow as my weapons, currently i am not using any specific armor sets and I am following this build here http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-dps-build/
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay that all looks fine. Are you using the skills pictured exactly or have you switched any out for healing? Such as using Dragon Blood when you're getting low on health?
    I noticed Deltia's build says that he's using Vampires Kiss armour set for the healing whilst killing enemies.

Also have you tried asking in zone or any guilds you're a member of for someone to come help you finish that boss? You can also wait and see if anyone else comes around to do it and just attack the same boss as them (if it's not a private instance area) and get credited for the kill as you helped.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still remember this quest some years ago, and it was tough! :)

Those good old days!
  • letsdothedungeonslow
    The secret to that quest is to kill each smaller group without aggroing the others, and to save your ultimate for the mini-boss, which IIRC is a form of Bone Colossus.

That quest is actually one of several that are near-on identical, except for in that particular instance the groups of mobs are closer together.

But really, if you can't clear it, just wait until you are CP160+ or a better player with more practice.

I struggled on it first few times but as I got better at dealing with groups, I found it easier and easier.