The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat metrics doesn't work

Ballzy321
Ballzy321
✭✭✭
I tried deleting all my addons and only combat metrics. Copied my friends settings exactly. I can open it but not a single fight loads. And this just started recently. Anyone ever have this problem?

Best Answer

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would delete Combat Metrics including the Saved Variables file and redownload it from ESOUI. All you really need to do in-game to set it up is bind a key to display the parse report.
    Answer ✓
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballzy321 wrote: »
    I tried deleting all my addons and only combat metrics. Copied my friends settings exactly. I can open it but not a single fight loads. And this just started recently. Anyone ever have this problem?

There is an option that makes the addon not record fights under certain circumstances, make sure it is off. ("only show live window in cyrodiil" or something like that was on for me, and i didnt see any fight records in cyro).
  • hashield
    hashield
    Soul Shriven
    install the latest version but so far it does not work says it needs to update "combat metric fight data"
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    hashield wrote: »
    install the latest version but so far it does not work says it needs to update "combat metric fight data"

In the character select screen, click "addons", then check the "allow out-of-date addons" box in the top right. Your problem will be solved.

You will need to repeat this every time a major patch is released.

Alternately, you can await the next update of the addon from the developer, which also fixes this without needing to permit out of date addons. However, it is only a "metadata" change -- setting a flag in the manifest -- and not a code change.