Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ebonheart Chateau feedback/complaint

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I felt in love with this manor the moment I saw the screenshots, and thought I had to get it once I can afford it. I also love Stonefalls.
Recently, I visited there to see it with my own eyes and... what a letdown!
It's way too dark to see anything well outside. Yes I am aware it's directly next to a volcano, but come on. The fog is just a bit way too dense.
More importanly though, I expected magnificent scenery view. No. You can't see anything from the ground level, because the rocks are just too tall. And if you go up to the tower... WHAT THE HELL? The fog is 100 times worse, and you can see nothing. Literally. If I am to spend 3 millions of gold OR tens of euros on this, I expect more than a pink fog everywhere.
There are not even any cool environmental sounds with the exception of occasional volcano roar. It's dead silent. Pff.

I don't see how anyone would be interested in this house with its current... implementation.
This calls for some extra work being done. Really. So much potential, and all of it wasted because of crappy environmental settings.
Edited by Octopuss on September 4, 2017 2:10PM
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are a few months late. If they change anything now, there will be a big uproar from everyone who already bought it.

EDIT: Here is someone who actually likes it because of the smoke https://youtu.be/cFCJW7pJoTQ?t=2m10s
    Edited by MasterLenman on September 4, 2017 2:27PM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there would be any uproar IF they change something for the better - higher distance visibility and no pink fog definitely being better.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ambiance of the surrounding volcano is literally the only thing I like about the place. It's the only House in the game that even comes close.

The solution to your problem is simple. Buy any other house in the game.
    Edited by Invincible on September 4, 2017 9:57PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That fountain was perfect for my Vivec fountain setup in EP and also pretty good undercroft for a mini forge and torture room

Also the fact that each of the faction manors comes with an account wide title is pretty neat, and if you get all 3 then yet another account wide title Count/Countess
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on September 5, 2017 2:21AM
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could make the ash a toggle on/off feature in the housing settings menu.

I bought this house and don't like it. The ash fog is awful. It affects the inside of the house too...it's somewhat smoky inside. And the lack of view is very disappointing.
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I don't think there would be any uproar IF they change something for the better - higher distance visibility and no pink fog definitely being better.

The trouble is "being better" is personal opinion. What you see as being a change for the better is not going to be better for others.

Considering the location and intent, I wouldn't want my Ebonheart Chateau changed in any way.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are happy with seeing pink fog instead of some scenery?
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly have to disagree, no offense. Ebonheart Chateau is one of my favorite houses. I actually rank it second overall, behind Hunding's Palatial Hall.

I don't really get what you're talking about regarding the views. I can actually see some of Ebonheart from the top of the tower, and the fog/smoke helps match the atmosphere of being around a volcano. If you think volcanoes (especially ones with flowing lava) have clear air around them in real life, you are sadly mistaken.
    xp1rnbxzna8p.jpg
    So for me, the fog/smoke makes the area more realistic. I think the scenery is decent. It may not be the best outdoor area, but it is a very good outdoor area in my opinion.

In addition, Ebonheart Chateau's greatest asset, in my opinion, is its interior. By and large it's the most spacious interior out of every house in the game right now. One complaint that I've had with certain homes is that they have fantastic exteriors and then their interiors are very underwhelming (I'm looking at you, Hakkvild's High Hall). Ebonheart Chateau is arguably the best and most well-balanced home when factoring in how spacious the interior is compared to its exterior. And for me, that factor alone trumps any sort of fog issue.

Just be glad the fog isn't even thicker. It could've looked like this. XP
    835pkpnxkcv5.jpg
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on September 5, 2017 11:06PM
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Chateaux is my No 1 homestead, fully furnished to 700 slots now filling up with undaunted trophies and guild home for Rolling Cliffhangers. Next favourites are Daggerfall Outlook and Earthtear Cavern - both maxed at 700
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with Ebonheart Chateau in my opinion. The 'fog', which in reality is not that dense, makes the atmosphere (literally) of the property. Far from detracting from the gardens, using judicially placed lighting, it provides the opportunity to create a very interesting and dramatic look.

I believe I will add this to my collection.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i recently aquired this property was only actually after the Countess title but i soon fell for it

and the fog is nowhere near as bad as you state and works amazingly with the dwemer theme im creating for the interior

it is not that dark (even at night)

i think the issue may actally be with your system settings
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you seriously trying to say that ingame visibility distance and colour of the environmental fog has something to do with "system settings" (whatever that means).
    I don't even...
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you seriously trying to say that ingame visibility distance and colour of the environmental fog has something to do with "system settings" (whatever that means).
    I don't even...

no im claiming that you finding it too dark even outside is probably your brightness/contrast settings

i cant even.....
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how you completely omitted the other parts of my post.
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be cool if they added to the Ebonheart Chateau like a secret passage in the back to the right coming in and it goes inside the volcano. And there would be little lava channels and a decent size hot spring. That would be very awesome.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how you completely omitted the other parts of my post.

i completley omitted the other parts of your post because they are all expressing personal prefrence/style/taste and your opion is your opinion and you are entitled to that

i like the fog you dont, we are both right & wrong debating or discussing that would be pointless

i picked up on the fact that you said the property was too dark even during the day because that is a systems setting or monitor/tv setting issue which can be addressed.