The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Increments of Crown Packs are improperly priced in CAD (PSN only?)

lagrue
lagrue
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm gonna make this simple:

5500 Crowns = $39.99
14,000 Crown Pack = $133.49
21,000 crown pack = $199.99

So let's look at the 21k pack first. We'll start by dividing the current amount by 4 to find it almost matches the previous largest packs, and then reversing the pricing of that previous increment to show the ripoff state of things.

21,000/4 = 5250 ($199.99/4 = $50)
$39.99 x 4 = $160 (=4x 5500 Crowns = 22,000)

That's a whopping total of $40 more for 1000 Crowns less - actually, for the exact same amount of money I could but x5 of the 5500 Crown packs for the exact same price - which actually makes this a deficit of 6500 crowns - WHAT A RIPOFF.

Wanna look at the other pack? This time we'll examine the 14,000 Crown Pack using similar math to above:

14,000/3 = 4667 ($133.50/3 = $44.50)
39.99 x 3 = $120 (= 3x 5500 = 16500)

So you really expect people to pay $13 more, for 2500 less crowns???? Factoring in that for $133 I could also grab a 1500 Crown Pack, the deficit here is 4000 Crowns.

I think you guys need to invest in a calculator.

*Brackets I put are not meant to be part of the equations* No PEMDAS or BEDMAS here.
Edited by lagrue on September 7, 2017 1:19AM
PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
*GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 some whiteknight says "You don't have to buy them",but yet will use the opposite argument in another thread "but the devs have family to support".
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join the choir. Sadly its like this for other currencies too :frowning: Pretty underhanded of ZOS to make no announcement, and to do it following a sale. Inb4 they up subscription prices too.
    Edited by vrine on September 4, 2017 7:29AM
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

• LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked the AUD prices. Looks all good there.
    110 crowns per dollar for the 5500 lot.
    113 crowns per dollar for the 21000 lot.

Maybe the prices are listed wrong for you?
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    could be, could we get a guy from ZOS to weigh in here, my birthday's today so I'll be looking at some crowns
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they need to work on their math. That's crazy.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where in Canada are you because I am in Ontario and the prices are:

5500 Crowns = $49.99
    14,000 Crowns = $129.99
    21,000 Crowns = $179.99

The 14k pack is the same price as buying 2x 5500 packs and 1x 3000 pack so no savings there. The 21k pack though does show a savings (4x 5500=22,000 which would cost $199.96 normally) of 1000 crowns less than 4 packs but also $20 lower. Not a huge savings but it is the cheaper option for those wanting that many crowns.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »

5500 Crowns = $49.99
    14,000 Crowns = $129.99
    21,000 Crowns = $179.99

The 14k pack is the same price as buying 2x 5500 packs and 1x 3000 pack so no savings there. The 21k pack though does show a savings (4x 5500=22,000 which would cost $199.96 normally) of 1000 crowns less than 4 packs but also $20 lower. Not a huge savings but it is the cheaper option for those wanting that many crowns.

I'm also in Ontario, just south of Ottawa. My prices are all still listed as I have posted above :/ Obviously Sony or ZOS has not rolled out the pricing properly.

I also just checked my Playstation Account's settings and they're 100% correct with my Ontario address and postal code. There seems to be some inexplicable issue going on here - still needs ZOS to look at it...

hgsDRQ0.png
    T1SQNfR.jpg

*updated links, if they go down let me know

@ZOS_GinaBruno please have a look at this - as per this thread it seems there is an issue with pricing in Ontario - I don't know where else is affected but I have attached images that may help - both of the PSN on the PS4 itself, and on the PC web browser's version of the PSN store.
    Edited by lagrue on September 5, 2017 7:56PM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Inb4 some whiteknight says "You don't have to buy them",but yet will use the opposite argument in another thread "but the devs have family to support".

Yet both statements are true and non-contradictory. I find it interesting how if people on here use reason and that reason doesn't basically suggest "OMG ZOS R SO GREEDY", they get called a "White Knight".

• BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    BloodWolfe wrote: »

5500 Crowns = $49.99
    14,000 Crowns = $129.99
    21,000 Crowns = $179.99

I'm also in Ontario, just south of Ottawa. My prices are all still listed as I have posted above :/ Obviously Sony or ZOS has not rolled out the pricing properly.

I also just checked my Playstation Account's settings and they're 100% correct with my Ontario address and postal code. There seems to be some inexplicable issue going on here - still needs ZOS to look at it...

hgsDRQ0.png
    T1SQNfR.jpg

*updated links, if they go down let me know

@ZOS_GinaBruno please have a look at this - as per this thread it seems there is an issue with pricing in Ontario - I don't know where else is affected but I have attached images that may help - both of the PSN on the PS4 itself, and on the PC web browser's version of the PSN store.

Oh wow, that's beyond weird and completely screwed up because PS4 CAD prices for 5500 and lesser packs are cheaper than PC CAD prices for 5500 and less. Sony didn't exchange rate convert the Crown prices which was a nice advantage on PS4 compared to PC. That is very strange that the 2 new larger packs are more expensive than PC CAD prices though. I'm going to go and assume that's a Sony screw up but who knows at this point.

I don't play on PS4 (tried it briefly after the launch and account copy but didn't like console enough) but stuck to PC NA. This doesn't affect me but it would be nice for this to be fixed for those who do play on PS4. This is just unacceptable that kind of ridiculous price discrepancy but try sending this complaint to Sony as well (2 is better than 1 lol) because I have a feeling it's a PSN issue.
    Edited by BloodWolfe on September 6, 2017 12:44PM
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    US is funky too - on 9/6

Crowns          Cost         Crowns/$
    ====================================================
    750               $7.99        94 
    1500           $14.99        100      = +6
    3000           $24.99        120      = +20
    5500           $39.99        138      = +18??
    14000         $99.99        140      = +2 !?!?
    21000       $149.99        140      <- um... no discount eh? nice try... 
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Montreal and can confirm crown prices are the same on my PS4 as OP. @BloodWolfe
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Yet both statements are true and non-contradictory. I find it interesting how if people on here use reason and that reason doesn't basically suggest "OMG ZOS R SO GREEDY", they get called a "White Knight".

You would first have to use reason to explain exactly why the price increase is justified . Moj referred to people that blindly defend company mistakes with no logic . If you can show the consumer logic behind a price increase on larger purchases then please take the stage and explain it .
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's messed up. They look "proper" (increment so more crowns is less per crown) on PC.... But yeah, might want to clarify in the title you're PS4 as it appears different platforms have different prices
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated the title to reflect that it seems to be PSN only. I'd like to see an Xbox player chime in and see it's affected them too or if it's normal.

Regardless guys, thanks for the feedback - you've helped narrow the scope of the problem!
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some asia prices increased by 100% :(
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping because this is still a thing.
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Monoximian
    Monoximian
    Soul Shriven
    At the moment on the PSN Asia Thailand sale I can buy 3000 crowns at 33% discount for 403 baht So (if I could) I would buy 2 packs of 3000 crowns for 806 bht. But 5500 crowns listed at 44% discount costs 809 baht which is 500 crowns less and 3 baht more. Something is very wrong here.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well due to the lack of any response on ZOS end I'm just going to assume this is intentional and that they're trying to entrap and financially abuse their customers.
    Edited by lagrue on September 12, 2017 5:57AM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*