The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CTR Needs A Mechanic

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Its just silly. Someone runs up to your shrine, pops an immov pot, and runs right through you to get your relic. Wtf? There should actually be an opportunity to guard your relic, such as an activation switch that reveals the relic that is also interruptible or something. Make people actually pvp to get the relic.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: wrong thread
    Edited by ecru on September 4, 2017 6:09AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just pick it up with dodge rolling too. The trend in BGs is that everyone just tanks like crazy, you're good to go in 3 out of 4 game modes and even in Deathmatches you'll be decent. Running a squishier setup is just not rewarding considering how the modes are designed.
    Edited by Feanor on September 4, 2017 1:39PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    You can just pick it up with dodge rolling too. The trend in BGs is that everyone just tanks like crazy, you're good to go in 3 out of 4 game modes and even in Deathmatches you'll be decent. Running a squishier setup is just not rewarding considering how the modes are designed.

Heavy armor is definitely the way to go unless you have some serious skills, in just saying that CTR needs some other element to it that brings more of a pvp aspect to the actual capture. I've had more than one person comment in chat and say, "isn't every mode death match these days?" Most people aren't playing the modes for the most part. One reason is that they're just boring and another is that pre made groups have a massive advantage providing they're decent players.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP that comes with CTF is not in guarding a relic - that's futile. The PvP is with getting your own relic back after you've grabbed the other team's, which would allow you to cap.

Seeing someone trying to defend a flag is the easiest way to spot a beginner in BGs. I always tell them in group chat to go camp the base of whoever is winning (or closest behind us).

Enemy can't cap your flag if you have theirs.

And the one thing that makes me rage is seeing geouomates try to bring down a slow tanky flag runner rather than running about 10 ft ahead and grabbing the tank's flag to prevent the cap. It's not exactly rocket science, especially with the mechanics on flag grabbing (possible on start of flag respawn animation) vs flag capping (possible only on end of flag respawn animation)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    The PvP that comes with CTF is not in guarding a relic - that's futile. The PvP is with getting your own relic back after you've grabbed the other team's, which would allow you to cap.

Seeing someone trying to defend a flag is the easiest way to spot a beginner in BGs. I always tell them in group chat to go camp the base of whoever is winning (or closest behind us).

And the one thing that makes me rage is seeing geouomates try to bring down a slow tanky flag runner rather than running about 10 ft ahead and grabbing the tank's flag to prevent the cap. It's not exactly rocket science, especially with the mechanics on flag grabbing (possible on start of flag respawn animation) vs flag capping (possible only on end of flag respawn animation)

True, but I've also seen matches just stall out while three tanky builds carry flags around or some *** sits in a hard to reach spot and spams bol. I just think an added mechanic would make it more interesting.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

True, but I've also seen matches just stall out while three tanky builds carry flags around or some *** sits in a hard to reach spot and spams bol. I just think an added mechanic would make it more interesting.

Well holding the flag builds up defile on the holder. If you hold the flag for more than 2 min you become completely unhealable. Just throw some dots on them and watch them die. They (I) used to get around it by stacking health regen, but they fixed that last patch.

If it's been a while, just throw a dot or two on the flag holder and watch them die. Whoever gets the death blow gets a 3s head start on picking up the dropped flag, but if that person dies then anyone can grab it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd make it so that you can't take a relic or score while on combat.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

That's a really good idea. I'd totally be down for that if they'd also fix some of the one-off "in combat" glitches. I think they'd also have to make respawn timers longer, otherwise a tank could just keep you in combat til his group respawns, but I like the idea.

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

That's a really good idea. I'd totally be down for that if they'd also fix some of the one-off "in combat" glitches. I think they'd also have to make respawn timers longer, otherwise a tank could just keep you in combat til his group respawns, but I like the idea.
    Yeah the still on combat glitch was the first thing I thought too lol so annoying. I'm not concerned with the respawns times tho, but maybe if zos is willing to pour in the resources, they could move the relic base could be moved away from respawns instead of directly below.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on September 6, 2017 11:16PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about placing 3 swithces at the center of the map, one for each team.

After your relic has been held by the enemy for 60 seconds, your team's switch becomes interact-able, and you can push the switch to teleport the relic holder to the center, jerking him away from his base and teammates.

Chaos! Lol.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    How about placing 3 swithces at the center of the map, one for each team.

After your relic has been held by the enemy for 60 seconds, your team's switch becomes interact-able, and you can push the switch to teleport the relic holder to the center, jerking him away from his base and teammates.

Chaos! Lol.

That would actually be a ton of fun.

I'd also like to see a mode where a relic, just one, spawns in the middle. If you get it, and you want to score, you have to take it to the side of the map opposite from your spawn point and in between your opponents spawn points. The relic wouldn't have a defile debuff, but it would negate all teleports, blocking, and dmg shields.

Also.. the longer the ball takes to get to a goalpost, the more points it's worth, which ruins the strategy of grabbing it and speed running it.

That would be fun :)

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard

I'd like more environmental dangers that you can strategically use like the swirling blades in the center of Ald Carac. VMA round 7 poison spores all over the place! ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.