The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

C++ run time

Shiftie1
Shiftie1
need help plz I keep getting a C++ run time error message then it closses is out the game it does it once day its really fustrating I ve tried unistalling C++ and then reinstalling and nothing has
  • Shiftie1
    Shiftie1
    need help plz I keep getting a C++ run time error message then it closses is out the game it does it once day its really fustrating I ve tried unistalling C++ and then reinstalling and nothing has worked.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Shiftie1 What is the exact C++ error you are getting when closing out the game? If you can, take a screenshot of the error and post it here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Shiftie1
    Shiftie1
    naioz0zi9p7o.pbh7vomher26g.png
    ng
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I dont know which version you have, probably vcruntime 2015, but the newer one vcruntime 2017 is also backwards compatible. Same CLI/CLR

https://www.visualstudio.com/de/downloads/

Maybe you need vcruntime 2010 x86

---

My steps after reinstalling Windows 7

- Vcruntime 2010 x86 - client uses x86 arch
    - Vcruntime 2017 x86 and x64
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Shiftie1
    Shiftie1
    I have windows 10
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Shiftie1 What is the exact C++ error you are getting when closing out the game? If you can, take a screenshot of the error and post it here.

@ZOS_BillE : were you a technical customer service officer before becoming a moderator ? :)

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say that it's much appreciated to have a moderator actively trying to help and communicating with us. @ZOS_DaryaK used to do that before you and it was very welcome too. Just wanted to say thank you :)

• Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shiftie1 wrote: »
    I have windows 10

Anyways, just open the link and scroll down to "Other Tools and Framework" and download :)
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Hi,

please forward this to /dev team:

The Launcher uses the 2010 x86 arch and its better to compile with 2015 version of VisualStudio to make consinstent with eso.exe

In this case there is no need for vcruntime 2010 x86

Sorry, bad english

Thank you

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Shiftie1 As suggested by @Shadow-Fighter, you can try loading an earlier version of Visual C++ and see if that resolves the error. If not, try rebooting into a clean boot of your system so you can see if a third party application might be causing this error. Details on performing a clean boot are listed here.

@anitajoneb17_ESO We are always happy to help where we can, and the thank you is appreciated.
    Staff Post
  • Shiftie1
    Shiftie1
    did the clean boot unistalled and reinstalled C++ 2015 and 2010 and still got same error message not sure what else to do
  • Shiftie1
    Shiftie1
    also tried C++2017 aswell that didn't work either
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Shiftie1 Since none of the suggestions has so far helped, you should open a support ticket up by going here. In your ticket please include all the troubleshooting you've done, screenshots of the error, and a game consultant.
    Staff Post