Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I need help - Quest: The Army of Meridia

vamp_emily
vamp_emily
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm stuck on this quest and I'm not sure what to do. It shows that I still need to Rescue Vanus Galerion but I thought I did that when I completed the 'The Black Forge'.

Some further Information:
I have only been doing main quests to unlock the Ultimate 'Soul Strike'. The only quests I picked up in coldharbor was "Into the woods" quest, and "Vanus Unleashed" quest.

Quest2.png

quest1.png

Edited by vamp_emily on September 3, 2017 2:26PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. Did you speak with him back at the Hollow City Mages Guild district? That wraps the quest and then the Groundskeeper should want to chat with you.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rainraven wrote: »
    Hm. Did you speak with him back at the Hollow City Mages Guild district? That wraps the quest and then the Groundskeeper should want to chat with you.

This. Sometimes the quest doesn't make you speak with them, other times it does. Try seeing if the groundskeeper I'd there at the mages guild.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grayed out one is what you've completed, the highlighted are ones needing to be done still.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    The grayed out one is what you've completed, the highlighted are ones needing to be done still.

imagine that :) thanks

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

I'm glad you mentioned that, I was going to abandon the quest and do it over, then I would be in the same spot i am in now 10 hours from now.

Edited by vamp_emily on September 3, 2017 3:28PM

• Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I'm glad you mentioned that, I was going to abandon the quest and do it over, then I would be in the same spot i am in now 10 hours from now.

lol No problem! I remember having the same issue, its a tad confusing when you look at it.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There're 3 parts to this quest(as you can see in quest objectives) - rescuing Vanus(which you have indeed done), rescuing the king(the quest hub is to the left from the city, Lightless Oubliette I think) and then saving at least someone else. I've always had a completionist urge and felt bad leaving poor npcs to rot in Coldharbour so would save everyone, but I think just one additional quest hub is enough, any should do. If one isn't enough then suppose you'll have to save a few more ;)

It is a slightly unobvious quest, I think their general idea was people'd just do the whole zone and get done with the main quest on the way.