Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is it possible to start over 100%?

Zvark
Zvark
Soul Shriven
I'd like to wipe my account. By wipe I mean delete all characters, items, reset my bank to default size, erase all achievements, etc., but not start a new account or change ID. Is this possible?
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so, at least not client-side. Maybe you could ask ZOS Support to do that for you.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do everything except the bank limit easily. Create one new character to start over with, then delete all other characters. Their achievements and all inventory will be wiped out. Then you can leave your guilds, wipe your friends list and change your @name on the website.

ETA - You will be "stuck" with any achievements being tracked through Steam or your console, I don't know any way around that.
    Edited by Reverb on September 2, 2017 3:59AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think even then, anything that was "account-wide" would be retained: houses, collectibles, etc.

You could definitely play through the content like it's the first time, but you can't erase your account-wide info.
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could play on a different server. I recently went from PC EU which I had been on since April 2014, and moved to PC NA. Things like Imperial Edition bonuses, Morrowind chapter, and ESO+ carried over (basically all things bought with real money, not crowns), but nothing else did. It has been a horrid experience trying to recreate 3 years worth of progress, but I had to make the move due to real life daily schedule changes. I am not sure why anyone would want to do this for the heck of it though. It has been really rough trying to regain what was lost, and building up all new friendships/connections on the new server.

EDIT:
    Juts to clarify a bit further, if you change servers, you will not carry over crown purchases. So, you won't have any houses bought with crowns, no costumes from crowns, no mounts, no crown bought DLC's, etc. You will essentially be starting as a new player. Switching servers will allow you to start over like you want, but will allow you to go back to your original server should you decide starting over is too horrid of an experience.
    Edited by Syrani on September 2, 2017 5:15PM
  • Zvark
    Zvark
    Soul Shriven
    I don't really have much in the way of collectibles, haven't bought a house yet, etc. What if I delete all characters without keeping a new one? I wanted to make a video series of playing the game from the ground up so wanted to delete everything, truly start fresh, but of course I'm not going to repurchase the game + dlc or change platforms etc.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just exercise restraint and not use the resources you have accumulated through playing thus far. Don't allocate CP, don't go to your bank, cancel any applicable ESO+ subscription and sell/give away the crafting mats. It's not that hard to do.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?