The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[GUIDE] Magicka Nightblade PvE Build - Vet Dungeons & General PvE

Dottzgaming
Dottzgaming
✭✭✭✭✭
DottzGaming.com 's first build for ESO is now up! It is the build i use when i PvE on my magblade!

The remainder of the site's builds will be up within the next 2 weeks! i wrote this build up so that my writers would have a template to go off of, and show you guys what you can expect in terms of a build from our website. We will have builds for every single class/role except stamina templar at the moment.

Written: https://dottzgaming.com/2017/09/01/eye-of-the-storm-magicka-nightblade-build-hotr/
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gMPDaXKyN8
Edited by Dottzgaming on September 6, 2017 12:46PM
  • AlienFireFly
    AlienFireFly
    Soul Shriven
    Very Nice. Thanks For Sharing!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, why not run Julianos legs, Maelstrom staff then any other staff?
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why not run Julianos legs, Maelstrom staff then any other staff?

The goal of this build was to make it relatively easy to acquire in terms of the gear. For someone more experienced, that is 100% what i would recommend! But my goal was to keep the gear as easy to acquire as possible.

Glad you enjoyed it!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

The goal of this build was to make it relatively easy to acquire in terms of the gear. For someone more experienced, that is 100% what i would recommend! But my goal was to keep the gear as easy to acquire as possible.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Yeh, that's a fair point.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing my MagBlade since launch so seen a lot of builds. The real "pro" of your work -- and thanks for contributing to the community -- is this text from your site:

Possible Alteration: If you want to play a complete ranged version of this build, you can change Eye of the Storm to Elemental Rage, and swap out Grothdarr for Valkyn Skoria. I highly encourage you to run what is recommended though, and use Eye of the Storm and Grothdarr! It’s a fun playstyle that gets you up and close to the action!

It's great to see emphasis on up and close builds for Magblades.

• Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Been playing my MagBlade since launch so seen a lot of builds. The real "pro" of your work -- and thanks for contributing to the community -- is this text from your site:

Possible Alteration: If you want to play a complete ranged version of this build, you can change Eye of the Storm to Elemental Rage, and swap out Grothdarr for Valkyn Skoria. I highly encourage you to run what is recommended though, and use Eye of the Storm and Grothdarr! It’s a fun playstyle that gets you up and close to the action!

It's great to see emphasis on up and close builds for Magblades.

Thanks Gorilla appreciate it! :D Glad to hear you liked the style!
    Edited by Dottzgaming on September 7, 2017 5:05PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks like a fun idea, I have steered away from Grothdarr since it was the only reason to be close up. But adding in EoTS will make it worthwhile.

• Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    It looks like a fun idea, I have steered away from Grothdarr since it was the only reason to be close up. But adding in EoTS will make it worthwhile.

hope you enjoy!
  • rabbits_foot4
    rabbits_foot4
    Soul Shriven
    Really enjoying the style of this build compared to the ranged MagBlade.

As a fresh level 50, I'm having a bit of an issue occasionally getting one shot while popping EotS, are there any ways to squeeze more survivablility in, or is it a matter of gaining more CP?

Also, looking over the flame blossom set I wondered if swapping 5pc FB for julianos with the Grothdars would add another good proc for being up close and rolling out a bunch of AoE damage, have you tried it at all?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you do PvP guides?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoying the style of this build compared to the ranged MagBlade.

As a fresh level 50, I'm having a bit of an issue occasionally getting one shot while popping EotS, are there any ways to squeeze more survivablility in, or is it a matter of gaining more CP?

Also, looking over the flame blossom set I wondered if swapping 5pc FB for julianos with the Grothdars would add another good proc for being up close and rolling out a bunch of AoE damage, have you tried it at all?

I think if youre having an issue with getting just totally 1 shot, i would sub out that back bar inner light for an ability to give you more survivability OR instead of running harness magicka, run dampen magic. That way youll have a MUCH larger shield on you to prevent your character from getting totally rekt. And i havent because julianos, imo, is one of the most solid sets for a magicka DPS character. while Flame blossom seems like it could work, its pretty niche. I think Juli is the way to go for this.
    Do you do PvP guides?

i do! This was my magblade build from last patch updated for this patch, check it out!
    https://dottzgaming.com/2017/09/14/the-blood-mage-magicka-nightblade-pvp-build-hotr/