The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Best way to make money?

PlaygroundLove
PlaygroundLove
Soul Shriven
Topic
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is you level?
    At cp160 and higher you can farm popular overland sets. This works best if you also need it yourself.
    At any levels daily quests have an chance to give motifs, so does morrowind public dungeons.
    the thief guild heists give motifs if done well but require gear.
    Stealing works well at any level.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get 10,000-14,000 gold a day by stealing and selling to a fence, once you've unlocked being able to sell more items to the fence. There are a ton of places that are great to loot in the city of Orsinium, if you have that DLC.
    Crafting writs can get you 4,000 a day. I used to do them all the time to build my cash, but it got boring after a while, and I stopped doing it.

Edited by SydneyGrey on September 1, 2017 5:23AM
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    You can get 10,000-14,000 gold a day by stealing and selling to a fence, once you've unlocked being able to sell more items to the fence. There are a ton of places that are great to loot in the city of Orsinium, if you have that DLC.
    Crafting writs can get you 4,000 a day. I used to do them all the time to build my cash, but it got boring after a while, and I stopped doing it.

Plus if you manage to get a Master Writ, they go for about 1000 gold per voucher. So if its for 10 vouchers, you can sell it for about 10.000. My best one was 96 vouchers and I got 100K for that one.
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually farm a public dungeon until my armor needs to be repaired or my inventory is full. This earns me about 11-15K gold per run (45-60 minutes), I also level up while I'm at it, and depending on the dungeon and the amount of players running there as well, an occasional boss fight gives me some filled soul gems.

Other than that, I heard spear polishing is quite profitable as well.
  • PlaygroundLove
    PlaygroundLove
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you all..
  • ShadowFoxx
    Wanna be rich? Be a high level crafter.....or a patient farmer, lol
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    I usually farm a public dungeon until my armor needs to be repaired or my inventory is full. This earns me about 11-15K gold per run (45-60 minutes), I also level up while I'm at it, and depending on the dungeon and the amount of players running there as well, an occasional boss fight gives me some filled soul gems.

Other than that, I heard spear polishing is quite profitable as well.

For Argonians, Yes it is.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Can you name one or two places in Orsinium where the loot is? I'm there all the time. Thx!
  • PlaygroundLove
    PlaygroundLove
    Soul Shriven
    I tried fencing but I think farming mats are better.