The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

an error has occurred. please wait a few minutes and log in again.

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i'm trying to play in the same computer i always played, and i didn't change any hardware or software at least in the last 4 months. this week i wasn't able to play until today, but i played a lot in the last weekend without any trouble, but somehow i'm no longer able to login. in the last 3 to 4 hours i'm always receiving the same weird error message without any explanation of the error, it just says: "an error has occurred. please wait a few minutes and log in again".

i can perfectly login and reach my character menu, but then, when i pick a character i'm redirected to the login menu.

i already tried to remove all addons but it doesn't help. any ideas? are the servers down? i'm not receiving any info about the server status. any ideas?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing yet. i'm still getting the same error.

is the EU server down?
    Edited by NeKryXe on August 31, 2017 5:30PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @NeKryXe may we please get your UserID, Gamertag, or PSN ID?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... i kept trying and somehow it logged in right now :)

i didn't do anything, just kept trying to log in. i have no idea what happened but it's all good now.

anyway, my UserID is the same name i use here and i'm on PC.
  • Jellomold
    Jellomold
    Soul Shriven
    Hey there,
    I too am experiencing the Error 210 as outlined in your kb article https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22414/

I have followed each step as described however i am still not able to resolve the error and update. in addition to the manifest file fix, programdata fix, run as admin fix and repair fix, I have also removed eso completely from my computer, rebooted then reinstalled through steam.

I also tried to open a ticket and email to ESO_Help@helpmail.elderscrollsonline.com but it got closed as a duplicate

I see forum admins taking affected users gamename to look into. mine is Jellomold.

Please advise on my next steps. Would like to return to playing.

--Cheers
    Level 35 Nord Stam DK
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems like i'm still having login problems after all.

most of the time i continue to get that message: "an error has occurred. please wait a few minutes and log in again"

sometimes i can login and play without any problem, but when i need to change a character it takes a lot of time and tries to login again. the weird thing is that i can log out to the characters menu, but now it rarely works to launch a character from that point, if i do so i usually get an "error 303" and then when i try to login again i get a "login error" > "Login failed. Your username or password may be incorrect or inactive at this time" < even using my correct login details.

then in the next try it works, and i can login. but it takes a lot of steps and attempts every time i want to change a character. this is too boring. it was much better until a few weeks ago.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm still having the same problems. it's really really hard to be able to login since this Error 303 first appeared.

i'm sure i don't have virus or any hardware problem, and i've been playing other games without any trouble.

but i'm missing ESO. i'd love to be able to return.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 hours of non stop Error 303. this game is really hideous now.

i'll try tomorrow again. but i'd really ike to get my money from ESO+ back while ZOS doesn't let me loggin. it already started to feel like a fraud now. this is too much. this month i spent many hours trying to login and a few minutes playing. this is ridiculous.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen to me today for the first time. I wasn't sure if it was my internet connection so I reset my modem and router. Seemed to work after that.

So not sure if the issue was with me or Zenimax. Seeing how it happened to you as well, maybe they had an issue that was able to fix.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think that Horns of the Reach was the worst thing that happened to ESO and i wasn't even able to test it. since it was released my account got limited and it's now very very rare for me to be able to launch the game. i noticed that the access to the game now is random, but there's a very low chance of success. today i'm still trying to login and i continue to received the messages of "Error 303", "Timeout", "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again" and so on... i couldn't start the game one single time. but it's funny that this problem only started after i paid 6 months of ESO+. very funny.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i reinstalled the windows 10 and the game, i bought a new GTX 1050, i have all drivers updated, a good internet connection, the firewall and the anti-virus disabled, and i'm still unable to launch the game.

in my last atempts i didn't get the Error 303 anymore, but now i'm stuck on "an error has occurred. please wait a few minutes and log in again."

i'm always able to reach the character menu, but from there it's extremely rare to launch the game.

i was a very frequent player until the release of the hateful "Horns of the Reach". the only justification i can think of is that my system is not compatible with "Horns of the Reach", and if so i'd like to be able to deactivate that DLC. unfortunately i'm a ESO+ player and the DLC is automatically activated - is there any way on setting files that i can edit to block that DLC. the game worked perfectly on my system without "Horns of the Reach" and i don't mind to never play it, i really don't care, i'm ok without new DLCs. any ideas? i'd really love to be able to play ESO again :(
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Yup - same problem here. ZOS, this is so far below unacceptable, I can't even. PLEASE FIX THIS MESS.

My username is @elvici and I'm on the NA server (PC). Please, please, PLEASE do something to correct this issue. It started happening at high-traffic areas at first, but has deteriorated so that I can't even load into an unfurnished house without the dreaded "error" bounce within 2-3 minutes.

Am so sad. :(
  • Chromatose
    Chromatose
    Soul Shriven
    Just adding to the list of people who are experiencing this error, and who have been provided no solution.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a problem with your isp, as i had this problem before and whenever i change zones and sometimes even at character selection i get this error, my problem was ip was changing frequently like every 1min, to see if you have same problem, use vpn and play for a long period of time, if all good then contact your isp.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having this same issue very often. @combatprayer
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to tweak Master Merchant Addon ..lower the number of sales database ..and how many days to keep it.

This worked for me.
  • Randigo
    Randigo
    I'm having this problem, too. They first told me my graphics card was out of specification and therefore I couldn't get any help from them, so I got another one that is in specification. I now have been getting help from them, but nothing seems to be working. I did what they told me: got the updated graphics driver, updated the router firmware, flushed the DNS, restarted the router and modem, opened the ports they told me to open. Nothing. Still getting the "try to log in again in a few minutes" message (although the error 303 seems to be gone, now).

My username is Randigo, and I play on the PC.
  • Randigo
    Randigo
    By the way, I see that they are changing things for the update 17, like no longer allowing 32-bit client computers. I wonder if something glitchy with all the changes they are making.
  • Randigo
    Randigo
    Finally!!! After a week or two of this problem, this instruction from ESO worked:

1. Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    2. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    3. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    4. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    5. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.

After thanking Jesus, and then telling them that it seemed to be working now, I asked if they thought it was an addon causing the problem. Their response was that it most likely was an addon (or perhaps more than one).

I hope this helps you all!!! God bless, in the holy, precious, and mighty name of Jesus. Amen.