The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO's Ouroboros in Game of Thrones?

Dorjee
Dorjee
✭✭✭
Did anyone notice that the emblem on Grey Worm's chest at the beginning of the last episode of GoT (S7E7) - looks like ESO's Ouroboros?
DORJEE (EU PC) High Elf Sorcerer of the Aldmeri Dominion, Master Wizard, Dominion Hero, Savior of Nirn, Daedric Lord Slayer, Sergeant, Magnanimous, Maelstrom Arena Champion (Cadwell's Gold)

Favorite quotes:
"Break the law, and the law will break you."
"If you are trying to rely on wit, I'd say you are half way there."
"Sometimes the prey turns and nips us...it is a small thing."
"The skins of those you love, will fly as my banners."
"The Wood Elf known as Finedrin has been found guilty of the following crimes..."
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's another ouroborus in GoT in the credits of a lion eating a wolf eating a dragon... very similar to ESO.

But GoT has had that theme from the books since well before ESO came out.

And ESO steals theirs from DAoC.
    (DAoC was 3 realms fighting - Midgard/Vikings vs Albion/Britons vs Hibernian/Elves... sound familiar?
    Edited by Thogard on August 31, 2017 4:03PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• aagobbo
    aagobbo
    ✭✭
    And what about the molten weapons?
    gallery-1503328821-beric-sword-light-game-of-thrones.gif
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The concept of the ouroboros has been around for thousands of years. Originally just a single serpent eating its own tail, but multi-critter ouroboros have predated ESO, GoT, and DAoC.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say they all ripped off the X-Files because Scully got an Oroboros tattoo on her back in S4. :p that was back in 96.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say they all ripped off the X-Files because Scully got an Oroboros tattoo on her back in S4. :p that was back in 96.

Now I have the theme song stuck in my head
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭

Needs moar magplar!
    the-simpsons-s8e10-20090310123813_625x352.jpg
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you...
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the GoT series finale we'll all find out that it was just some kid playing a video game this entire time...
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, HBO did approach Todd Howard in 2011 to make a GoT Game.
    He turned it down and focused on Skyrim instead.. YaY!!
    But seriously, the "Ouroboros" symbol has been around since pre-greek times.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seedubsrun wrote: »
    In the GoT series finale we'll all find out that it was just some kid playing a video game this entire time...

That would explain why all the characters die.

:*
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched GoT. I thought about buying the box set but the price always makes me change my mind. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I've never watched GoT. I thought about buying the box set but the price always makes me change my mind. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭

People interested in buying the box set, I always try to tell them to wait. Because there is still one season left and if you buy the box set now you will want the final season on DVD too, but it would look weird on your shelf. Plus, when it comes out with season 8 I am willing to bet there will be a pretty awesome special edition box set.
    Edited by Ir0nB34r on September 1, 2017 6:01PM
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Sigtric wrote: »
    The concept of the ouroboros has been around for thousands of years. Originally just a single serpent eating its own tail, but multi-critter ouroboros have predated ESO, GoT, and DAoC.

this is very true, but the targaryen ouroboros is pretty much the ESO logo with the heads changed
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorjee wrote: »
    ESO's Ouroboros

Lawls.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    There's another ouroborus in GoT in the credits of a lion eating a wolf eating a dragon... very similar to ESO.

(DAoC was 3 realms fighting - Midgard/Vikings vs Albion/Britons vs Hibernian/Elves... sound familiar?

Ever heard of the elder scrolls series
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the HBO series is fine - however, I would highly recommend the audio version of the book series...great for walking, driving, or just doing the dishes...

the show exposes maybe a third of grrm's world of ice and fire...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 1, 2017 6:56PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I agree, the box set is really to much. GOT series 1-6 Blu-ray. ($176.99 on eBay currently) But can't help looking at that Bust.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-of-Thrones-Series-Complete-Season-1-6-Bronze-Bust-Edition-Boxed-BluRay-Set-/322667363328?hash=item4b20793c00:g:5c0AAOSwMf1ZmvLK
    Edited by Serjustin19 on September 1, 2017 7:05PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is very true, but the targaryen ouroboros is pretty much the ESO logo with the heads changed

It's really not.

9OBkpMi.jpguIA2biQ.jpg

signing off
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aagobbo wrote: »

He's not casting it on the group though = selfish tank. Also why isn't he spamming igneous? Must be a fake tank that is really a 2h pvp dps zergling who chose the tank roll so his queue could pop early. Also he always runs with that pocket healer who is ALSO a dk, and we all know dk are fake healers no matter how much Dubious Camoran Throne they chug or Vigor they cast.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

He's not casting it on the group though = selfish tank. Also why isn't he spamming igneous? Must be a fake tank that is really a 2h pvp dps zergling who chose the tank roll so his queue could pop early. Also he always runs with that pocket healer who is ALSO a dk, and we all know dk are fake healers no matter how much Dubious Camoran Throne they chug or Vigor they cast.

Agreed. I bet that scrub has backbar bow!

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes... but I don't think there is a constant 3 way conflict in elder scrolls? I haven't played anything prior to morrowind though so can't confirm.

But if you weren't aware, this game is basically DAoC 2. Especially with regards to PvP. The similarities are too numerous to count, but here are some of the basics:
    1. Three realms / alliances fighting: a British realm, a Viking realm, and an elven realm
    2. Earn realm points / alliance points for killing players.
    3. Focus on siege warfare
    4. Each realm has keeps with inner and outer wall surrounded by four tower structures, which you can take to cut off port and to decrease strength of guards.
    5. Can port to any keep your realm has unless the "chain" is broken
    6. Milegates are literally the exact same model and in the same place
    7. A monster controlled area in the middle, that has its own currency for buying special items, and which you're constantly under threat of getting ganked. (Darkness falls in DAoC)
    8. Matt firor as director lol

Here are some pics of DAoC:
    Defending a keep:
    image07.jpg

Stealthers camping a bridge:
    daoc-stealthers.jpg

Zerg fight in front of a keep:
    daoc-rvr.jpg

Sieged a hole on the outer wall, looking outside at a tower:
    jacobs_daoc.jpg

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

It can even happen in real life :)
    http://www.vgtv.no/video/145811/slange-spiser-seg-selv
    Norwegian voice over but the loading image is enough.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Agreed. I bet that scrub has backbar bow!
    True, and I think we all can agree that dragons boss mechanism is a bit OP.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

the HBO series is fine - however, I would highly recommend the audio version of the book series...great for walking, driving, or just doing the dishes...

the show exposes maybe a third of grrm's world of ice and fire...

Too bad the book series isn't finished (and may never be finished, at least by GRRM).
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad the book series isn't finished (and may never be finished, at least by GRRM).

I've been reading the books since they started publishing them and at this point would bet against him finishing them before I die.

There's a lot more going on in the books but I think the TV series captures the core of the story. So I'll have to content myself with that.
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes... but I don't think there is a constant 3 way conflict in elder scrolls? I haven't played anything prior to morrowind though so can't confirm.

But if you weren't aware, this game is basically DAoC 2. Especially with regards to PvP. The similarities are too numerous to count, but here are some of the basics:
    1. Three realms / alliances fighting: a British realm, a Viking realm, and an elven realm
    4. Each realm has keeps with inner and outer wall surrounded by four tower structures, which you can take to cut off port and to decrease strength of guards.
    7. A monster controlled area in the middle, that has its own currency for buying special items, and which you're constantly under threat of getting ganked. (Darkness falls in DAoC)

Defending a keep:
    image07.jpg

daoc-stealthers.jpg

daoc-rvr.jpg

jacobs_daoc.jpg

I've never heard of this game and you've got me convinced lol look at how the gate house on the bridge is shaped! The stairs and everything is nearly identical to alessia bridge
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Defending a keep:
    image07.jpg

daoc-stealthers.jpg

daoc-rvr.jpg

jacobs_daoc.jpg

This post made me sad.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

Defending a keep:
    image07.jpg

daoc-stealthers.jpg

daoc-rvr.jpg

jacobs_daoc.jpg

This post made me sad.
    Why?
    it worked then, it still works.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »

Defending a keep:
    image07.jpg

daoc-stealthers.jpg

daoc-rvr.jpg

jacobs_daoc.jpg

This post made me sad.
    Why?
    it worked then, it still works.

Because there is zero new in ESO. It is made by recycling things, and that is just sad.