The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More selected over-rides

Orange_fire_dragon
Orange_fire_dragon
✭✭✭
Uncertain if this has been brought up by game devs for ESO.

But I'd like a discussion about bringing better cosmetic over-ride system into the game.

What I'd like to see if ability to use in game items as cosmetic over-rides example, you like the look of a certain cuirass but one you ought to wear for your build looks horrid in your opinion and you don't really have anything to use as costume. Giving the ability to buy item from crown store, then using this item on a in game item such as armor piece, weapon or even those cloth pieces you can steal from containers to go over the piece of gear in that slot and have unique looks that you want to look like. This also could open the door for people to have different color weapons which I definitely have seen people ask ability to dye those red weapons.

Would you get anything to over-ride your current gear cosmetic wise? any suggestions to make it sound and feel better? Please leave your thoughts.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the transmogrification system is being actively worked on, though they haven't given us a set release date. The best way to implement it, imo, would be through crafting tables; for the sake of immersion, I'd prefer if it was like the improvement system we already have: X number of style material = Y percentage toward a successful conversion. Use too few, and you risk breaking/destroying your item, or maybe it decreases in quality, or simply has no change at all and the pieces you tried to use are lost.

Weapon dyes would probably come after the fact, and probably require each mesh/whatever to be updated with individual color channels. We may be waiting a good while for that.

Edit: Of course, a unique transmog station would be awesome as well, because that was their solution for dyes and it's a pretty smooth, direct system.
    Edited by Hanokihs on August 31, 2017 6:10PM
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you complete a set you should unlock that as a costume, tbh I hope that the transmog isn't limited by armour type, I loved the Heavy set for the Falkreath Hold and honestly hate that I can't wear the set since i'm a sorcerer and need the Light Armour passives, + the bits on its own look out of place so I can't 5L+2H them.
    Also hope if transmog comes they use the new wow apperance archive system maybe via the dye station, have headers for sets and then each individual piece placement either in red for not found or white for collected. I hope I dont need to go back to keeping a bank full of good looking gear to swap between, honestly half tempted to go farm out the gear I liked and dump it in my mostly empty bank vault.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ