The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

House Types We Need

ProfesseurFreder
ProfesseurFreder
✭✭✭✭✭
We need a Windmill Home.

And we need a Lighthouse Home.

We also need a spooky Gothicky Home, but I think one of those is coming up this October.

Because when it comes to basic, normal, everyday, staple housing, we already have a good selection that more than meets our needs. What's needed now are colorful additions for casual roleplaying. In addition to the ones above,

• a crumbling ruin of a single turret might be nice for poets.

• Or a mausoleum home for the Vere-vulfs und Wampyres among us.

• Crafty-type characters might love a home above a shop.

In the words of Yul Brynner, "Et-cetera, et-cetera."
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
-- William Faulkner.
  • kiyoshigawa
    kiyoshigawa
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a Dwemer Ruin home. Always wanted to live in a Dwemer ruin.
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    We need a house similar in size and outdoor space in Vivec city to Sleek Creek House; one that features the walls and mosaic type features we have in the inn, so we have an urban setting and those lovely walls and ceilings! A nice little walled off area with a view of red mountain.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The interior of Sleek Creek is very small. The water running through the side of the garden is very nice, but it's all a bit cramped.

A house like Sleek Creek would be lovely with just some more space.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, with Sleek Creek, if you treat the space beneath the raised structure as "indoor space," you can essentially double your indoor space. I threw Kajiiti curtains up all around my "ground floor." Works fine.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a Dwemer Ruin home. Always wanted to live in a Dwemer ruin.

Probably in a Skyrim expansion in Markarth.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking something like the thieves den in Akir Desert would be a nice space to play with.

I forget the zone now but on the coast is the raised areas that look like the bottom has mostly been eroded and up top you have trees and all kinds of fun things. Basically an island but not surrounded by water.

I want one of those with no house. I want to set up a tent and some other things to create a camp.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a house with grounds that have snow-cover on them. I purchased quite a few of the luxury furnishing vendor blue crystal fragments in the hopes I'd someday be able to make "glacial blue" looking snow, but no houses as of yet have snow in the yard, so it's a pipe-dream at this time. Perhaps for the holidays?
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsimer longhouse. Large home could be large longhouse with celler, small longhut and forge area, medium just regular large longhouse, small home a small longhut.

Not all orcs live in stone. Only the ones that settle down in an area for a long time in colder environments
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and more usable (interactable animated) furniture

but mostly, increased caps for stuff in our houses, current caps are ridiculously low
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to own a Cyrodiilic keep
    [DC/NA]
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house...
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    I want an Ayleid ruin house!
    PC NA
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt with graveyard courtyard rather than walls tall rusty railings, maybe in the middle of a swamp area, go down via floor hatch and have a large open area that's pretty much just a cavern with a couple of off rooms, maybe have some bones poking through the roof.

A frostcrag spire type secluded tower home aimed at mages, indoor garden area, moving parts inside etc.

Abandoned shack for assassin type classes upstairs basic small cabin, hatch downstairs to a large basement area, secluded dingey area.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One word...

XANMEER!
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    An empty field.

The aforementioned tower but with crows circling overhead.

Something in a sewer or cistern.

Apartment-sized rooms in the missing architectural styles.

Boat house.

and

a cave.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take a lot of land , I been wanting to make a camp in cyrodiil with the new huge Orc tents, some siege weapons etc.
    a ship as well which most of us want.
    I take a burned ruin house or tower that has the trap door to a large dungeon or cavern.
    Glenumbras cryptwatch fort delve I want.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on September 3, 2017 4:54PM
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AYLEID CATACOMBS/RUINS
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want a ship house...

A turtle ship house would be pretty cool! (Minus the canon)

Screenshot_2017_09_04_05_38_42_1.png

Edited by Darkhorse1975 on September 4, 2017 12:59PM
    Master Craftsman!
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Snowy house with a courtyard in Wrothgar or Eastmarch.
    -Dwemer house. Since Markarth is not in the game yet, how about Clockwork City? Available once you've helped Sotha Sil.
    -Ship house.

Edited by Leogon on September 4, 2017 8:29PM
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house...

I support this message
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a really haunted Ayleid Ruin Home, complete with a soundtrack from Oblivion.

Edit: Somewhere in Cyrodiil no less ;)

86469e46bbe9608bfc8a27c2542e65a4.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDcxFm02bPE

Edited by The_Protagonist on September 5, 2017 6:02AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house
    We want a ship house...

I support this message

We all support this message.
    Also have different sizes and types of ships and please have one docked in Anvil, Hew's Bane, Morrowind and alliances capital cities.
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    I want a ship house, but specifically one that looks like one of the Daggerfall or Aldmeri ships. I like the individual rooms that they have. Maybe have it located at the docks in Hew's Bane, or on a tiny personal island.

I also want a mage's tower that has several floors and a courtyard. I would love for it to be on Eyevea, and only purchasable after completing the mage's guild quest line. I would love for it to come with floating orb lights.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An Ashlander yurt
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    An Ashlander yurt

You can get a yurt it's a achievement item you can buy after doing the needed quest. It's a decent size too.
    https://esoitem.uesp.net/itemLink.php?itemid=126639
    Edited by Krainor1974 on September 6, 2017 1:21AM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Airship, but since they don't exist in ESO I guess a ship would do it as well.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want rooms. Lots of big rooms. Look at real estate ads at any mansion. 10 bed rooms, 12 bathrooms, kitchen, office, theater rooms.

In ESO real estate ads, 3 mil gold for no rooms. If you paid 3 mil for a house would you want nothing but a woden divider between your peeaceful nights rest and my moms lactose intolerant sleep farts?

...I didn't think so.
    Edited by Eyesinthedrk on September 6, 2017 2:35PM
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eyesinthedrk Amaya lake Lodge has rooms. Nice ones. And one of the things that we are all asking for is wall units so that we can easily turn the large cavernous spaces into smaller rooms. This thread is more about exotic types of housing that we would like to see.
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eyesinthedrk Amaya lake Lodge has rooms. Nice ones. And one of the things that we are all asking for is wall units so that we can easily turn the large cavernous spaces into smaller rooms. This thread is more about exotic types of housing that we would like to see.

I've added floors to Amaya Lodge, in he library I added a second floor including 2 guest rooms and in the apt I added a bedroom on a second floor as well.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a house with actual windows. Those small obscured windows make me feel claustrophobic. It might sound weird, but it just makes me feel uneasy somehow (not to mention those low res blurry textures!).
    Also I'd like to see houses with rooms, not just a weird empty space. With the lack of windows it makes the house looks like a cavern.
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Airship, but since they don't exist in ESO I guess a ship would do it as well.

Well, it is lore-friendly, there was one in Bloodmoon. If our characters can control dwemer constructs (mounts, pets, etc), then I suppose they can build something like this. :D

Edit: also it would be cool if we could buy or craft Telvanni levitation portals (like those in Telvanni towers and Halls of Fabrication). So we could make some levitating platforms and whatnot.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on September 6, 2017 10:30PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU