The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sorc kill counts

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So... I so bloody tired of sorcs getting credit for my kills because of their excute... Like, fighting the emperor and then a sorc rolls in and executes. It's really annoying. I guess this is a nerf sorc thread but also not? I could care less about magic sorcs being very powerful right now. I'm just tired of the kill stealing
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow by few 'lol another nerf sorc' victim card posts,

Apathy wins.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kill stealing is an issue?

N7OJVxB.jpg
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on August 30, 2017 3:34AM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill faster?
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill faster?

but the the sorc would appear faster and still get the kill. its a vicious cycle
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :/
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why don't need to change the execute. Not saying we shouldn't but we don't have too. If ZoS made adjustments to who gets credit for a kill and how, it would solve the issue
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot an execute.
    PC | EU
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slot an execute.

Mu excute just triggers their's
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc execute needs a range adjustment. I don't mind its strength, but it bugs me that it can be applied from so far away to steal a kill.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    submit - altmer/breton mag sorc or go home...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres no such thing as kill stealing when its a Team based multiplayer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Sorc execute needs a range adjustment. I don't mind its strength, but it bugs me that it can be applied from so far away to steal a kill.

The 28m range is nothing exclusive to Wrath or Fury. See Impale or Radiant Destruction for comparison.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot an execute.

Have you ever played BGs? I ususally value your input but that was totally off. OP is completely right, the way sorc executes work right now does in fact allow them to steal kills en masse. mWardens and mDKs being the losers here (because they have no execute), mSorcs will steal the kills you worked your behind off every single time, which will impact your score negatively.

@ArchMikem There is no such thing as team based when all that is accounted for on ladder is personal scoring. ZOS has set incentives which create an environment where mSorcs execute is indeed overperforming. So either ZOS changes incentives (team ladder in addition to personal one, change of nscoring mechanics, etc...) or mSorc execute, because the current situation is not fair to other setups.

Regards
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mojomonkeyman

The only difference is that you can put it on multiple targets because it applies with that 4 second execute window. That's not an issue of range but of how the execute mechanic works. Sorcs can be king of Deathmatch, yes. They are not in the other game modes.
    Edited by Feanor on August 31, 2017 7:29AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Mojomonkeyman

The only difference is that you can put it on multiple targets because it applies with that 4 second execute window. That's not an issue of range but of how the execute mechanic works. Sorcs can be king of Deathmatch, yes. They are not in the other game modes.

Exactly, and deathmatch is the only BG that is actually centered around fighting, actually the only one I really care about (amongst many other players). Scoring and class mechanics should create a fair environment for everyone.

If an entire game mode's balance is screwed due to a single class skill overperforming within the current ruleset - then the logical solution would be to finetune the ruleset or the class mechanic to make it a fair environment again.

I really don't see how any sorc could be argueing with that. Most sorcs I know who get pugged with me into deathmatch already apologize before the game starts and suggest to take fury off - because they don't want their score to represent a broken kill scoring mechanic instead of their performance as a player.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't argue your point. Fury is a really strong execute. I don't think we should start finetuning class abilities on the premise that Deathmatch is the only valid game mode though. If you start on that road, then I would like Jesus Beam and Cliff Racer "finetuned" as well along with Talons, Fossilize and Take Flight. Oh and Soul Assault if we're already at it.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot an execute.

Have you ever played BGs? I ususally value your input but that was totally off. OP is completely right, the way sorc executes work right now does in fact allow them to steal kills en masse. mWardens and mDKs being the losers here (because they have no execute), mSorcs will steal the kills you worked your behind off every single time, which will impact your score negatively.

@ArchMikem There is no such thing as team based when all that is accounted for on ladder is personal scoring. ZOS has set incentives which create an environment where mSorcs execute is indeed overperforming. So either ZOS changes incentives (team ladder in addition to personal one, change of nscoring mechanics, etc...) or mSorc execute, because the current situation is not fair to other setups.

Regards

No I haven't. I've just returned to the game after a 4 month break. I wasn't aware the op was talking about battlegrounds; their biggest concern seems to be their k/d. If I had taken it more seriously I wouldn't have been so flippant. From what you have said it seems to be a scoring issue rather than a sorc execute problem. I won't say any more because I am clueless about BG.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on August 31, 2017 7:57AM
    PC | EU
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't argue your point. Fury is a really strong execute. I don't think we should start finetuning class abilities on the premise that Deathmatch is the only valid game mode though. If you start on that road, then I would like Jesus Beam and Cliff Racer "finetuned" as well along with Talons, Fossilize and Take Flight. Oh and Soul Assault if we're already at it.

I agree on most of those skills that need to be monitored. That doesn't change the fact that none of those is influencing game modes as much as fury is impacting deathmatch.

And it also doesn't change the fact that it is you opening up the endless slope argument - I was open for any solution or discussion about making a fairer envrionment focusing on the two pillars of this discussion 1) sorc execute 2) deathmatch.

Every gamemode should be balanced to create a fair environment for any setup participating. No question about that. But we are discussing a very specific problematic in here, right? I think it would lead to better outcomes if we would discuss other problematic mechanics in seperate threads?!

Edit: And yes, I agree, scoring mechanic would be also the first thing I'd look at to fintune in order to optimize balance in deathmatch :)
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 31, 2017 8:19AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot an execute.

Regards

No I haven't. I've just returned to the game after a 4 month break. I wasn't aware the op was talking about battlegrounds; their biggest concern seems to be their k/d. If I had taken it more seriously I wouldn't have been so flippant. From what you have said it seems to be a scoring issue rather than a sorc execute problem. I won't say any more because I am clueless about BG.

No worries, it's all good. Deathmatch centers entirely around K/D ratio (plus assists and heals), so theres nothing wrong with people focusing on those parameters when pointing out issues. It's the logical thing to do, since ladders are only personal score, not team score based.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mojomonkeyman

You've been around long enough to know how these things work, Mojo. The ability gets changed that the most people whine about. So I guess you'd have a pretty good shot at getting a lot of followers for a Fury change because it's still the - inaccurate, but prevalent - notion in these forums that Sorc must be somehow "OP".

I'm not optimistic the same can be said about any of the abilities above. What I want to avoid is that Sorc has the one ability that gives an edge in that mode removed while everything else stays the same. You can change these things only on a grand scale.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mojomonkeyman

You've been around long enough to know how these things work, Mojo. The ability gets changed that the most people whine about. So I guess you'd have a pretty good shot at getting a lot of followers for a Fury change because it's still the - inaccurate, but prevalent - notion in these forums that Sorc must be somehow "OP".

I'm not optimistic the same can be said about any of the abilities above. What I want to avoid is that Sorc has the one ability that gives an edge in that mode removed while everything else stays the same. You can change these things only on a grand scale.

Yeah, I mean I have played sorc long enough to know that msorc has a lot of shortcomings, in BGs in particular. For example: I wouldnt want to be a sorc when going up against the new shieldbreaker-knightslayer trend. Can't even outheal that on mWarden when on shield build. Its literally a hardcounter to the sorc class that has no place in a good pvp game.

But, back on point, we should be allowed to discuss overperforming aspects as well when they have huge impact on the playing experience of anyone not being a mSorc.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just needs to change to trigger when health drops to 50% (instead of 20%) - cos then it won't instantly kill when it goes off - and then it just comes down to an even contest around who can spam their execute the fastest.

Cos the kill-blow is all that matters, right?

Edited by Biro123 on August 31, 2017 8:32AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The 28m range is nothing exclusive to Wrath or Fury. See Impale or Radiant Destruction for comparison.

I really wouldn't compare mage's wrath to Jesus beam... I have both a mag sorc and a magplar and the executes are not in the same league.

Decreasing the range will not hurt a sorc's 1v1 ability and it won't hurt our 4v4 much either.

It'll just hurt our ability to kill steal.

Besides we'll still have implosion..
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard

2 Fury's won't kill you when you're around 50% HP. Try the same with 2 RDs.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Learn2Sorc ^^
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard

2 Fury's won't kill you when you're around 50% HP. Try the same with 2 RDs.
    The only person 2 RDs in a row will kill when targeted at an enemy with 50% health is the magplar casting it. Doing that would forego all heals, blocks, dodgerolls, and damage shields for 5 seconds while doing so.

But a sorc can do quite a lot more in those five seconds than just cast two mage's wraths. One example would be to cast a dmg shield and then soul assault ...

And that's not factoring in the fact that 1. RD is bashable, and 2. Mage wrath has some sick AOE dmg
    Edited by Thogard on August 31, 2017 8:56AM

• GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the only problem with the sorc execute is that in can be put on anyone before the target gets to low health and it has that 4 seconds window to bring the target (or to let it be brought) to 20% for it to die.
    Nightblade execute for example hits like a wet noodle if the target is (or gets healed before the hit lands) above 25%.
    So it is much more reactive than the sorcs execute because you can only use it when the target has already been weakened instead of putting it on the target before the burst comes.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the only problem with the sorc execute is that in can be put on anyone before the target gets to low health and it has that 4 seconds window to bring the target (or to let it be brought) to 20% for it to die.
    Nightblade execute for example hits like a wet noodle if the target is (or gets healed before the hit lands) above 25%.
    So it is much more reactive than the sorcs execute because you can only use it when the target has already been weakened instead of putting it on the target before the burst comes.

Yeah but the sorc execute really doesnt do any significant damage at all if the target stays above 20%. Sorcs need a way to bring people down by lining up burst and the 4s delay on mage's wrath is fair.

Sorc execute can best be thought of as a 20% health debuff... best way to counter it is to stay above 20%.... which is a lot easier than it sounds when fighting a sorc. Just view 20% as the new 0, 60% as the new 50%, etc... The execute is all or nothing... It's not gradual, so making that change would really ruin a sorc's ability to kill things.

I wouldn't mind if it can only be triggered by the sorc tho... for instance, if it only goes off if the dmg that brought the target below 20% comes from the sorc... (or a hit from the sorc while target is below 20%)

Nothing worse than spamming a 2h reverse slice only to have that end up procing mage's wrath for the sorc, giving another team the killing blow
    Edited by Thogard on August 31, 2017 9:09AM

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I really wouldn't compare mage's wrath to Jesus beam... I have both a mag sorc and a magplar and the executes are not in the same league.

Decreasing the range will not hurt a sorc's 1v1 ability and it won't hurt our 4v4 much either.

It'll just hurt our ability to kill steal.

Besides we'll still have implosion..

Decreasing range would simply destroy DW sorcs in open-world.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe just increase the value of assists for Deathmatches. I think that would be best without changing skills significantly.