Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown packs changes...

Tyrion87
Tyrion87
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In case you haven't noticed:

The price of all crown packs increased... so now the 4k mounts will be even more expensive... What a rip-off.

And the new packs of 14000 and 21000 crowns are there.

• RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woooooooooooow :neutral:

is all I have to say about this.
    NA PS4
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    In case you haven't noticed:

The price of all crown packs increased... so now the 4k mounts will be even more expensive... What a rip-off.

And the new packs of 14000 and 21000 crowns are there.

got any comparison pictures? i'm in town in like 3mins so cant sit and make sure
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What currency? CAD prices have not increased.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

PLN (Polish currency).

Previously it was 128 PLN, now it is 150 PLN for 5500 crowns.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They look the same as before in USD. Probably a currency exchange adjustment.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 21000 pack cost $150 and its nearly about 4 x 5,500 crown packs (1000 crowns short). Buying 4 separate packs gives you 2200 crowns for $160.
    Edited by jcaceresw on August 31, 2017 2:37PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can't believe the difference would be so huge. I mean in Polish currency these new prices are completely absurd and out of this world...
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

I can't believe the difference would be so huge. I mean in Polish currency these new prices are completely absurd and out of this world...

I can't speak to this specific situation, but sometimes game companies take long enough to adjust currency values that the jumps are pretty severe. This looks like a 17 percent jump, which is a lot, but not completely unbelievable.

It's worth noting that these decisions are also usually made automatically and on a cycle...which I realize doesn't help in your case, but it does explain why you don't always get advance notice or sometimes the jumps seem really harsh.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    USD prices are the same as they always have been (outside of sales), and the prices for the new, larger packs are in scale with the standard ones. I agree that this seems to be exchange-rate related and not an across-the-board increase. I'm sure that doesn't make it sting any less though.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if we use the current exchange rates, the new PLN price is higher than the USD price. In Poland this price is already ridiculous and now it's even higher. I'm sure I will be spending my crowns less willingly than before.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this on another thread:
    I predict the prices will go up, for a few reasons.

I'm always right :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am amazed that whom ever thought it would be a good idea to slap a 20% increase on Crown prices was allowed to stay in one piece!!

I have (since day one) spent a lot of my hard earned money on this game, mostly on mounts and pets (i have about 98% of all mounts ever offered and around 85% of all pets ever offered), on DLC packs (even though I subscribe too) so you see that is a lot of hard cash.

After this 20% increase I think that expenditure will fall to the nice, round figure of £0.00p . . . I will still pay my subs and also buy the DLC's but no more pets or mounts will I buy, no more 'homes' will I buy, I think you have had enough milk from this cow ZOS.
    Edited by Eldartar on September 1, 2017 2:57PM
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    The 21000 pack cost $150 and its nearly about 4 x 5,500 crown packs (1000 crowns short). Buying 4 separate packs gives you 2200 crowns for $160.

For the UK it works out thus:

750 Crown Pack
    £5.99GBP (was £4.99 i think)

1500 Crown Pack
    £10.99GBP (was £8.99)

3000 Crown Pack
    £18.99GBP (was £14.99)

5500 Crown Pack
    £29.99GBP (was £24.99)

14000 Crown Pack
    £74.99GBP (NEW Pack)

21000 Crown Pack
    £109.99GBP (NEW Pack)

Avg increase of around 20% per 'pack'
    Edited by Eldartar on September 1, 2017 3:04PM
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Yeah they're still the same price for Canadians. With our crap currency it's like paying extra anyways