Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Would You Accept a Solo Option for Group Dungeons?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Extra option in your Group settings. Select "Solo" then enter a Group Dungeon with a difficulty allowing Solo play.

▪Mechanics are disabled/modified accordingly to allow Solo progression.

▪Dungeon specific armor set pieces do not drop. For fairness, good loot requires good effort.

▪Achievements earned, even from Normal difficulty, are disabled. Same reason above.

This would be considered a "Story Mode" for those unable to find groups and just want to run a Dungeon. Explain your opinions if you wish.
Edited by ArchMikem on August 31, 2017 6:22AM
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!

Would You Accept a Solo Option for Group Dungeons? 166 votes

Yes
66%
laurajfSirAndyGilvothvailjohn_ESOMojmiralenae1b14_ESOEkadzatiMalakorOnuDarcyMardinArizona_Stevetspecherb14_ESOKendaricIruil_ESODhukathKhenarthidanno8static_rechargeanitajoneb17_ESOcheeseaddict 110 votes
No
33%
Guilty_GearSigtricrotaugen454lolo_01b16_ESOYulsNemesis7884Calculated_RiskMagdalinaAektannKleanZlateAnroseWifeaggro13Tannus15ManwithBeard9HymzirSarevoccTicussValkynSkethaShaibaMoltyr 56 votes
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You can solo most group dungeons anyways lol
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would yes, cant always be bothered to get friends or guildies or even pugs... to complete dungeons, just do normal dailies, get my 2 to 3 keys on several of my toons, no problem
  • neal_brasier
    neal_brasier
    ✭✭✭
    This threads just going to turn into a list of people bragging about how they can solo every dungeon on vhm
  • neal_brasier
    neal_brasier
    ✭✭✭
    But yeah I do think it would be good for newer players who might not be in a guild or know anyone and have read all the hate on the forums so don't want to use the group finder
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but only with the restrictions that you listed above. Possibly more but I can't think of any right now.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You can solo most group dungeons anyways lol

Sure. If you were playing the Meta, of course you can.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    MMOs should, in general, limit solo content as they're about playing with other people.

Group content most especially should never be turned into solo content.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This threads just going to turn into a list of people bragging about how they can solo every dungeon on vhm

The majority of normal mode dungeons aren't just soloable, they're about as difficult as overworld pve. A solo option like a "delve mode" would make grinding undaunted exp less time consuming.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Runefang wrote: »
    MMOs should, in general, limit solo content as they're about playing with other people.

Group content most especially should never be turned into solo content.

And if you can't find other people? I just tried to pug nBRF and i dropped out of the queue after 45 minutes and not everyone has a laundry list of friends to call on.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yup, I'd love that as an option for those times when I just want to play solo or no friends are around. I would also love a scaling options for 2- ? number of players for group dungeons.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    there is an option like this, all dungeons are soloable, you just have to be really good
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

That or the people who will say "It's an MMO, MMO's are all about forced grouping" or similar. Forgetting the fact that the biggest MMO's have always succeeded because they offered plenty of solo'ability and allowed people to play at their own pace.

Or if they do have forced-grouping - such as FFXIV, as you have to do group dungeons to do the story - they generally have incentives for ppl to cue into doing them so ppl doing the story can do it without trouble - FFXIV incentivizes doing this with bonus xp & gold rewards, as well as cross-sharing between PC & console players.

One of the reason's WoW succeeded? It was (and still is) accessibile to players who both wanted to group and those who preferred to play solo - people could log in and quest without being forced to group with other people. Many people still did group, but many, many people did each zone's quest's and the horde/alliance questlines solo. Dungeons & raids were still group-only, and the end-game zones were more in favor of grouping or following a zerg... but could still be done solo.

As for the OP - I'd love to see a "Story Mode" for group dungeons. Where I can go in and do the dungeons solo for the story and quest's involved. I don't care about the loot, achievements or such - if I want those, I'll do them in groups.
    o_O
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I play 100% solo. I don't see the point in this really. A wafer-thin storyline and a purple book?

Dev time is precious. There are much better things they can be doing to provide players with new solo content.

PC EU
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Only if they add a nightmare difficulty level at the same time.
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Oh god yes.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its called vMSA for example :#
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Runescape has this. Runescape gives more dungeon options than this game-of-the-year MMO.

The dungeons are already instanced: allowing number in party and difficulty level to be chosen before we go in would open up a lot of content for people who prefer to solo or duo, without requiring they be high-damage powerhouses like y'all first. And at the same time they could add an extreme difficulty option. Everybody wins, even ZOS.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I think certain mechanics that make dungeons impossible to solo could be removed in general. Then you could just do every dungeon solo without any change to difficulty, which is a lot of fun in my opinion.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    altemriel wrote: »
    there is an option like this, all dungeons are soloable, you just have to be really good

Sadly not all, some dungeons have mechanics that need two people. At least if you don't have a exploit or something to skip around it.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My Stamblade is not able to do dungeons on his own, so I voted yes because I want to do quest and it's very difficult when other guy in my team wants to speedrun. I'm just making screenshots of dialogs and reads them after dungeon, it's really annoying.
    PC/EU
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    So you basicly want a maelstrom version of every dungeon?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Normal dungeons are easy to solo, even without a "meta" build.

It sounds like you want dungeons to be delve-easy. /sick
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    I can solo it. All of it. Don't need a group other than to make it faster... If you want a challenge, which sounds like you do at the moment, work on trying to solo the content. Like me. Did I tell you I can solo it all? Even trials... vhm vhr vso aa vmol vhof.. Don't even need a team so if anything, make it harder.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alternate idea: solo mode disables mechanics that require another player to help, with no other changes to difficulty.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »
    Alternate idea: solo mode disables mechanics that require another player to help, with no other changes to difficulty.

I like this fungal 2 wont pin you to ground
    Buttons in direfrost become 1 switch
    One button in imperial city prison
    Adjudicator wont end fight when she cages you

Love it
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    With the exception of a few dungeons that require a 2nd person to stand on a plate or something like that, isn't normal already this?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    No
    *group* dungeon! There is enough solo content available imo.
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If it were a true TES game it would of had the option at launch. So many mmo's do this and it works really well. You would be surprised at how many people play this game as it were a single player game and hate grouping with the elitist players that control all group content in this game. This is something Zos need to consider if they want more players to enjoy this game as a TES game if they care about that at all.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Druid40 wrote: »

I like this fungal 2 wont pin you to ground
    Buttons in direfrost become 1 switch
    One button in imperial city prison
    Adjudicator wont end fight when she cages you

Love it

Pressure plates in Direfrost can be circumvented.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You can already solo every dungeon (normal or vet) if it doesn't have some explicit group mechanic.