The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Flying in houses.

Malacthulhu
Malacthulhu
✭✭✭✭
In decoration mode it would be nice to be able to move toon on Y axis or whatever. Fyi. etc. lol For decorating etc.
Xbox One Na
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I really would love if the game freed you from your character whilst in that mode.

Last night I was trying to place a pipe and line it up with another but every time I picked it up it would spin my camera to a new angle and not lot me look the way I wanted because of how character cameras work.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I agree, I really would love if the game freed you from your character whilst in that mode.

Last night I was trying to place a pipe and line it up with another but every time I picked it up it would spin my camera to a new angle and not lot me look the way I wanted because of how character cameras work.

Exactly.
    Xbox One Na
  • kiyoshigawa
    kiyoshigawa
    ✭✭
    If you're on PC, the add-ons Homestead OCD and Homestead Item Mover are indispensable for fine tuning furniture placements. You need to bind the keys, and it takes some getting used to, but it really makes placing objects much more precise.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1640-HomesteadOCD.html#info
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1779-1.0.html#info
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be a great feature.

With an altitude alert so you don't forget to land before switching decoration mode off.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC, the add-ons Homestead OCD and Homestead Item Mover are indispensable for fine tuning furniture placements. You need to bind the keys, and it takes some getting used to, but it really makes placing objects much more precise.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1640-HomesteadOCD.html#info
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1779-1.0.html#info

I am on console .... lol. Thanks for letting people that are on pc know.
    Xbox One Na
  • kiyoshigawa
    kiyoshigawa
    ✭✭

I definitely agree that your initial idea for a free camera mode would help immensely with item placement, even with those addons.

If they need a lore-friendly explanation, just have your character sit down and meditate when you go into editing mode, and have an astral projection of yourself that can fly around freely place the actual furnishings.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭

I definitely agree that your initial idea for a free camera mode would help immensely with item placement, even with those addons.

If they need a lore-friendly explanation, just have your character sit down and meditate when you go into editing mode, and have an astral projection of yourself that can fly around freely place the actual furnishings.

or roleplayers can do an out of character moment. Honestly, I doubt there will be much kickup about it being lore friendly but, stranger stuff has happened.
    Xbox One Na
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep a couple of stone blocks in my inventory for those times that I'm trying to place something out of reach. I just place them as stairs and a working platform, and then put them away when I'm done.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    I keep a couple of stone blocks in my inventory for those times that I'm trying to place something out of reach. I just place them as stairs and a working platform, and then put them away when I'm done.

Maybe this is only on console or gamepad mode, but I've noticed that in certain situations, such as when placing paintings or lighting on walls, that the right and left triggers serve as push/pull. So, that if you want to move the object further away up the wall, you pull one of the triggers, and to move it closer to you/down the wall, you pull the other trigger. It appears to be context/spatially sensitive, so the option isn't always there.

I noticed it when trying to get a rather long tapestry further up one of the high walls in Ald Velothi. I stacked a chair on top of a table and had my character jump on top to try and get it higher. Then, I noticed the trigger icons with push/pull and voila!