The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Way To Get Soul Gems?

Cegenaus
Cegenaus
Soul Shriven
whats the best way to get filled soul gems? can you buy them from vendors or do you have to loot them? is it better to go for empty gems and use the soul trap skill to fill them or just get the already filled ones?
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    No idea what system and or server you are playing on, but on PC EU stacks of 200 soul gems go for 7k from GUILD vendors, which is probably the cheapest you will find. Do not buy them from NPC vendors. It also helps to ask around, most have thousands in their bank and if it gets too much they are just thrown into the NPC vendor because the price (6k) matches the selling price so closely.

IMHO if you don't pvp they will just stack till your inventory is full ^^
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gf goes to bleakrock, where you can steal empty soul gems aplenty. You can get caught, but there's no guards there. And the mobs are easy to kill.

If you're a bit stronger, join a public dungeon and join the group of people, running from boss to boss. Deal some damage to every boss, and you should get a filled soul gem every time. Doing so, I easily get stacks of soul gems, that I just give them to my guilds for alliance wars and such.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cegenaus wrote: »
    whats the best way to get filled soul gems? can you buy them from vendors or do you have to loot them? is it better to go for empty gems and use the soul trap skill to fill them or just get the already filled ones?

Can buy them, or do dolmens or go to a Public Dungeon (looks like a cave, rounded, not the squared one, not the torch) and hit all the bosses over and over. I have thousands just from normal stuff and farming Necropotence to sell :-P
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Enchanter NPC's sell empties for 50g. If you're just grabbing a few here or there it's not too shabby a deal, and fill them yourself get a lil soul-skill-xp out of the deal. Or, as others stated check all the guild vendors in the bigger cities
    Edited by Glockcoma725 on August 30, 2017 3:33PM
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting writ rewards are also a good source of (free) soul gems.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put this set on a stamina character, and go mob farming with a stack of empties.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Oblivion's+Edge+Set

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know that to, I have thousands of them and cant tell where do they come from as I use them a lot in Cyrodiil and still, day by day my stockpiles are growing. I guess mainly they come from Vet Dungs, ROTW, theft.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Go to the monkey house in Auridon and pick them up...usually 2 at a time. Don't hurt the monkeys...or next time they won't let you have any. :p
    I know nutting....
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    I put points in the passive from soul magic that has a 10% chance to fill soul gems upon kill with a weapon ability and buy empty soul gems. I don't pay attention but they fill over time as your doing content and I Have stacks of filled gems on multiple characters there is also a ability you can slot "Soul Splitting Trap" that will fill gems quickly.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

SAME: I'e been slotting "Soul Trap" ability and the soul gems seem to stack up very fast. Not doing anything special, just questing, farming, and dungeons.

I don't know, but for me, I've never had a problem accumulating lots of soul gems.

PS. Soul Trap ability-- i like to tag as many mobs as possible, because every time one dies, I get 10% resource return. It's a cheap skill that has pretty good utility-- low cost, decent DoT damage, fill gems, and return health, magika, and stam resources.

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Mureel said, farming dolmens is a good way to amass soul gems. When choosing a dolmen to farm, consider what sets the zone drops so you can also farm for purple jewelry in a useful set. Also, some dolemens always have plenty of help around whereas some are unpopulated - so factor in whether you need/want help.

I've farmed a handful of dolmens for purple jewelry sets and have simply noticed they yield plenty of soul gems as well.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Dolmens and doing dungeons with the group finder (random dungeon), each time you finish a random dungeon you will get a mail with full soul gems.