The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stop Necroing this Thread

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously, just stop it lol. just read the date it was posted
Edited by Aliyavana on April 28, 2020 9:16PM
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    I found one in a strongbox on Vvardenfell. No secret method involved, I just think it's very rare.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE FOR EVERYONE ( but not right now )
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheese is delicious
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    I found one in a strongbox on Vvardenfell. No secret method involved, I just think it's very rare.

Where particularly was it?
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Search all the strongboxes in Vvardenfall, it's random,
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard you must be on a sorc to have a better drop rate...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some time ago someone was trying to sell this cheese in zone chat, I whispered him where he found it, he said he stole it from lockbox. So I think it may drop from all lockboxes in game, of course probably more difficult lock gives higher chance to find the cheese.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't find the cheese, the cheese will find you!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

I also heard when youre a sorc, not only are you a ridiculously OP class but the RNG works in your favour. You just whisper to your keyboard/pad what you want, and ZOS provides
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only heard of it dropping in vvardenfell
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

I also heard when youre a sorc, not only are you a ridiculously OP class but the RNG works in your favour. You just whisper to your keyboard/pad what you want, and ZOS provides

Don't be ridiculous. Just use your normal voice, no need to whisper.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    You can purchase the recipe with writ vouchers I believe. Of course getting your theif on would be fun.
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

This is true. Mine came from a provisioner on the third, 5 minutes ago. Pick, pick, stab.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    The cheese is a lie!
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its in uncle sheo's pants. In skyrim you could steal their pants without them noticing, here it just takes a bit more practice.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    So, is it now that it can be found by pickpocketing and in safeboxes around Tamriel?
    I have a guildmate who said theirs dropped from a trial boss.
    Since I'm not into trials and dungeons, it would be really helpful for me to know if it can really be found in the above mentioned ways.
    Metal forever \m/
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, is it now that it can be found by pickpocketing and in safeboxes around Tamriel?
    Since I'm not into trials and dungeons, it would be really helpful for me to know if it can really be found in the above mentioned ways.

I have not heard of "Housing Items" dropping from a trials boss, or any boss. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on September 18, 2017 11:26AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand, why someone would buy this useless stinky cheese for 600k. Will you invite every pleb to your house only to show how rich you are, that you can afford expensive useless things? If you can get it from lockboxes, then what's the point of wasting money for little house item? And remember that you are giving too much gold to greedy guy.
    PC/EU
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so like, is this cheese now a collector's item? :lol:
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    so like, is this cheese now a collector's item? :lol:

yep, the new skooma bubbler :smiley:
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have removed several off-topic and combative posts. Please be sure to keep all comments constructive and respectful.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭

I have not heard of "Housing Items" dropping from a trials boss, or any boss. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Well, that guildmate was sure it was from a trial, but not which trial or boss. Only trial boss. And they were backed by a second guildmate who said they were there when it dropped for their mate and they said it was a trial. So no idea, but I don't think or hope that they both lied.
    Kahina wrote: »
    Rouven wrote: »

This is true. Mine came from a provisioner on the third, 5 minutes ago. Pick, pick, stab.

That would actually make sense, because it dropped from a provisioner as cheese, making it something a provisioner could be carrying. Now the question remains if the lockboxes are those of provisioners as well (we do speak about the locked stealable silver boxes in houses and in working areas, right? Those strongboxes or how they are called. I'm playing in German so I better ask) or all strongboxes available, be it on Vvardenfell and or the rest of Tamriel. And if the cheese only drops via pickpocketing provisioners or others as well.
    Metal forever \m/
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "May ye become cheese, eternally gnawed by skeevers!"
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand, why someone would buy this useless stinky cheese for 600k. Will you invite every pleb to your house only to show how rich you are, that you can afford expensive useless things? If you can get it from lockboxes, then what's the point of wasting money for little house item? And remember that you are giving too much gold to greedy guy.

Beat me to if.

Do the people who buy this cheese for 500k just sit and look at it all day or?

Crazy how people pay so much for something so useless.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have removed several off-topic and combative posts. Please be sure to keep all comments constructive and respectful.

oh lol, thank you :smile: !!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ok, so where does it drop? in vvanderfel only, or elsewhere too?
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an owner of 9 alts I can confirm Sorcs have increased chances to loot cheese. I remember finding Necropotence Sharpened Lightning staff in simple lock chest when the price for it was over 350k.

I'm relogging to sorc now each time I want to loot any chest.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My NB has really good chances at BA when farming vvard chests
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I figured players were buying it in the Crown Store and flipping it in the Guild Traders for a lot of gold ... who know.. ZOS's way of paying real money for in game gold like the gold sellers.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    I figured players were buying it in the Crown Store and flipping it in the Guild Traders for a lot of gold ... who know.. ZOS's way of paying real money for in game gold like the gold sellers.

Everything from crown store is BoP
This discussion has been closed.