Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

What sources of of "stamina-gain" is there in the game to gain and sustain stamina while blocking?

Qbiken
Qbiken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As the question above states, this includes stuff as:
- Sets
- Passives
- Enchants
- Traits
- Champion point system
- Skills
- Others (If I forgot to mention anything)

Reason I´m asking this is because of 2 reasons: While in PvE on my tank I have some trouble to sustain my stamina (due to me not being very experienced with tanking)The second reason has to do with me having trouble to maintain/sustain magicka on my magicka DK in PvP. I´ve read some topics on how blockcost reduction is calculated and such and have some knowledge about that, but I always have trouble with sustaining stamina, even with 8 pieces of sturdy trait. So if someone out there have knowledge or more insight on how to sustain stamina better for PvP/PvE it would be really helpful

I hope it´s ok if I tag you @Asardes here, since I know you´re experience with tanking :)
Edited by Qbiken on August 30, 2017 9:41AM

Best Answers

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quite a few ways to help with this:
    • Reducing block cost:
      • Sturdy (armor trait)
      • Shield play enchant (jewelry enchant)
      • Shadow ward (CP star)
      • Alteration mastery (magicka set)
      • Using SnB / frost staff (self explanatory. I mean, you're not using DW / Bow / ... to block, are you?)
    • Getting resource returns while blocking:
      • Helping hands (DK passive) - usually Igneous shield
      • Battle roar (DK passive) - Technically more return by stacking ultimate generation tools such as Tava / BS
      • Bull netch (Warden active)
      • Constitution (heavy armor passive)
      • Stamina steal enchants / poisons
      • Bloodthorn's Touch (magicka set)
      • Stamina potions (honorable mention for Immovable potions to avoid CCs through block, which can save stamina as well)
    • Others:
      • Spell Wall (ultimate) - Free block! And you can weave heavy attacks to return stamina as well
      • Switching between frost staff / SnB - Altho I don't find it necessary in most cases
      • Heavy attacks. They return plenty of resources, even more so in heavy armor, so use those.

All I got right meow. Probably missing something.
    Edited by Asmael on August 30, 2017 9:53AM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Answer ✓
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best way to learn to sustain your resources is to learn fights .

Learning what to block and what not to block is crucial . If you are blocking a hit that barely does any damage will consume same amount of stamina as blocking a heavy hit .

Learning to avoid CCs so you don't have to CC break can also help .

Keeping your buffs and debuffs are less important than keeping yourself alive . If you are having issues sustaining stamina , don't use Heroic Slash until you are back up . This can apply to using Magicka abilities as well . For example , I use a Lightning Staff on my back bar for increasing Off-Balance uptime with Blockade . If my Healers are busy with something and won't be healing for some time , I stop using it and stay on my front bar where I keep my Green Dragon Blood for emergency heals .

Choosing correct traits can help a lot . In some fights , you won't be blocking at all . If you are using Atronach Mundus , using Divines items will help more compared to Sturdy items .

In certain fights , you will be away from boss and won't be able to debuff it . Using an Infused weapon for increasing Crusher effectiveness doesn't do any good in this situation . Best example for this is axes in AA . You can , and should , use a Decisive weapon to increase your ultimate regeneration . If you are a DK , I assume you are , it will increase your sustain due to faster ultimate usage . You still can keep an Infused weapon on your back bar for execute phase .

Ways to get stamina you can learn by reading tooltips in game . This kind of stuff is what you need to know in order to learn sustain properly . After some time and gaining enough experience , you will stop giving a **** about your sustain because it will stop being a concern . Hope you get there in no time :) Good luck !
    Answer ✓
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres an enchant that deals magic dmg but returns stam
    Theres a poison that steals stam

Igneous (helping hands) + battle roar for dk.

They've changed blocking to the point where in pvp you really can't perma block anymore unless you complete spec for blocking, full sturdy, cp, block cost reduction gylphs etc..

Theres are some useful sets like bloodthorn which work through block, tri pots are a must. In pvp you won't ever perma block you will drop block. You also regen stamina while in mist form
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, well I'll get started with a few off the top of my head.

Absorb stamina weapon enchants
    Warden - bull netch, free stam
    Nightblade - the siphoning attacks stam morph returns stam on light attacks
    Dk - battle roar, get stam from ultimate
    Templar - repentance is stam from death.

Argonian - there potion passive is amazing
    Redguard - get some sustain from melee attacks

Sets that restore stam include
    Blackrose - increases the return from constitution
    Witchman - stam back from ulti
    Vengeance leech - resources back from kills

I'm sure there are loads more, but I thought I'd start things off.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Engine guardian if it's a stam proc. Not the most reliable, though.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Y'all forgot the Master's Resto stamina return, that helps quite a lot too.

Sentinel of Rkugamz is also a great stamina sustain set.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many good answers, thanks a lot :)
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for PvP (and really for non-trial PvE tanking) I use non-common resource spread tactic. Stamina build with frost staff at least on one bar (usually i use frost/bow). It's pretty suitable for warden and somewhat for NB but other classes are not so suitable (cause off lack of class spammable stamina attack skills). So you use stamina for attack/rolldodge/break free/heal and you have not stam regen locked blocking with ice staff. That gives you good survival and sustain with avarage damage abilities.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skills:
    - Repentance (Templar)
    - Bullnetch (Warden)
    - Syphoning Attacks (Nightblade)

Passives:
    - DK gets stamina back for using ultimates and earthen heart abilities

Other:
    - Stamina potions
    - Synergies
    - Sets

I may have forgotten things, since I don't play tank much.

That said, you don't have to block all the time. Learn when you can drop block to regenerate stamina.
    Edited by FakeFox on August 30, 2017 2:20PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is also

Syrabane's Grip set

Undaunted passives help (restore resources when using a synergy
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...