Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

what warden is better (tankyer/burstier) in pvp magwarden or stamwarden

Trashs1
Trashs1
✭✭✭
Hi,
finaly i want to try the new warden class since it seems verry good in pvp (many times on my kill recap)
but im unsure what type of warden i should play and the race choices also... so plz help me :)

further questions:

if mag warden: heavy or light armour? is cliff racer any cancel able via staff LA or better a dw set up? (i have sharp vma flame staff)

if stamwarden: dw or 2h front bar? //snb back bar?

thx a lot
Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go stam warden 2H + SNB very tanky and still a good DPS, with the racer to kill the people who try to escape :-D

But I have seen some pretty OP mag warden, makes me wonder what they run :-)
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I go stam warden 2H + SNB very tanky and still a good DPS, with the racer to kill the people who try to escape :-D

But I have seen some pretty OP mag warden, makes me wonder what they run :-)

yes me to
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment, Stam warden is pretty OP.

Mag warden is good but doesn't have as much group utility. THey hit hard but they aren't as bursty as sorcs.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    At the moment, Stam warden is pretty OP.

Mag warden is good but doesn't have as much group utility. THey hit hard but they aren't as bursty as sorcs.

where does a stam warden have more grp utility than mag warden? no mayor devile
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    am thinking of running stam warden SnB//Bow be a CC king haha
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racer can be cancelled, it's when your character's arm fully extends.

Both should be good, I prefer magicka

Using ATM for BGs Desert Rose SnB, Kena, and Shackle breaker

Inferno front

Ken for burst, breaker for nice stats, and rose for mad magicka gain when out numbered and blocking - cast block heals that is paid by rose - makes for some great defense on a mag character.

In CP my build is also a permablocker - can't get more tanky than that.

On paper Stam wardens should be bamfs but every one I have talked to prefer magicka version
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Racer can be cancelled, it's when your character's arm fully extends.

Both should be good, I prefer magicka

Using ATM for BGs Desert Rose SnB, Kena, and Shackle breaker

Inferno front

Ken for burst, breaker for nice stats, and rose for mad magicka gain when out numbered and blocking - cast block heals that is paid by rose - makes for some great defense on a mag character.

In CP my build is also a permablocker - can't get more tanky than that.

On paper Stam wardens should be bamfs but every one I have talked to prefer magicka version

Danke! verry insightful!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam warden has the best toolkit in the game imo. Dish out big burst that goes through block, spammable that can't be dodged, phenomenal passives, access to all desirable buffs, etc.

Mag warden is good as well, but stam warden outshines basically everything.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden is one of the most OP classes right now, mag and stam. Stam warden in particular hits very hard, and can also be very tanky.

Much prefer fighting them over DKs which are just the same, tired skills and rotation over and over again. More variety and a more enjoyable fight fighting wardens.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In BGs it's hard not feel like you can beat anyone

In a group of Wardens... (BG set us up with, myself and two other wardens, and someone else)

Trees! Trees Everywhere! It was a slaughter as well.

I need more Warden Xbox buds
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • C0ndor
    C0ndor
    ✭✭
    I go with magika warden, wizard reposte resto and 4 body pieces, necro jewels, one body and destro. For bg i run one domihaus and one shadowrend, for cp pvp i switch shadowrend for infernal guardian or full pirate skeleton. I got high burst and still pretty tanky. Poison that root on main bar for soft cc and make sure my enemies eat the burst combo.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Stam warden has the best toolkit in the game imo. Dish out big burst that goes through block, spammable that can't be dodged, phenomenal passives, access to all desirable buffs, etc.

Whenever I read your posts, I think: How can someone know so little but be so full of himself. You are clueless.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched a lv21 StamWarden tank 4 660cps, then his mate came up and bombed them.

I need to get Dawnbreaker on mine, and while the threads responses aren't surprising in the least since I built one myself--seeing the StamWarden I encountered on Monday night certainly went waaay beyond my expectations as to what StamWarden could do. Guy knew what he was doing.

Now to figure out a build for my guy!
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 31, 2017 11:12AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whenever I read your posts, I think: How can someone know so little but be so full of himself. You are clueless.

Nah, as I am sure Lexxy will explain themselves, their is posting always has a truthful ring to it. They're also on console-- as am I. We both see what other players are doing with Warden on our parts of the fence line. It's actually really promising.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    if mag warden: heavy or light armour? is cliff racer any cancel able via staff LA or better a dw set up? (i have sharp vma flame staff)
    Definitely light armor, you want to take advantage of the great healing capabilities of the class, as the burst it can quickly dish out.

Yeah run destro, racers are weaveable, and work great into crushing shocks.

And pick argonian, sustain is unmatched.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one of each. I like the play style of stam warden more at the moment.

My mag warden is necro, shackle, destro resto. I feel like a worse sorc, but just as survivable. Was thinking of going heavy like @Waffennacht. Shackle maiden dw/resto maybe. My issue with mag warden in heavy is lack of a reliable cc. I use flame clench to cc. Ideally it goes heavy Fletcher , la fissure, la racer, la flame clench, la racer.

Stam warden is easier to land subterranean assault for me bc i want to be close anyway and am controlling movement more with increased move speed. Gonna try out dw bow and snb bow next. I'm 2h bow atm. Front I'm 5 bone pirates/4 eternal hunt, back I'm 4 bone 5 eternal. 5 heavy 2 medium. I use bloodspawn most of the time, sometimes ill use 1 kena 1 kraghs.

They are both fun. I think I'll enjoy mag Warren when i make the switch to heavy. Might even go 2h/ resto on it for an execute/ forward momentum.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam warden is easier to land subterranean assault for me bc i want to be close anyway and am controlling movement more with increased move speed. Gonna try out dw bow and snb bow next. I'm 2h bow atm. Front I'm 5 bone pirates/4 eternal hunt, back I'm 4 bone 5 eternal. 5 heavy 2 medium. I use bloodspawn most of the time, sometimes ill use 1 kena 1 kraghs.

How is the damage/survivability on that? On paper that stam regain looks pretty nuts.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It allows me to go with lover or warrior mundus and 1 cost reduction and 2 weapon damage on jewelry. Eternal hunt adds a ton of survivability that revolves your awareness and environment. The eternal hunt is in heavy so that helps maintain birds which aids survivability and damage.

The damage isn't unbelievable, but a poison inject tick on top of them running into my trap from eternal hunt, and an easy wrecking blow cc and heavy with subterranean assault hit makes for great burst.

Birds of prey and hunt add a ton of survivability of used well. In a tower you can't be caught. If you can los/ and trap and increase your speed... so nice. I'm gonna try spores over rally today.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need rally with Bull Netch out anyway. Vigor + Spore's outta be fine.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need rally with Bull Netch out anyway. Vigor + Spore's outta be fine.

Ive been using rally over netch.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Mojomonkeyman

I'm not sure why you feel the need to insult me but I'd love to hear which part of this statement you feel to be untrue

despite having less play time on stamina warden than ANY other spec in the game I can throw on fury/shackle and be more effective than most builds.

Again, just insulting me accomplishes nothing and I'd love to hear what part of my statement you disagree with and perhaps even why. Or I can just report you for harassing me if you've got nothing to say but how dumb I am.

Here I am, always trying to help people, and here you are mouthing off like a juvenile brat. You're such a great and outstanding part of our community, thank you for taking your time with us! Wow
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 31, 2017 3:29PM
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam warden is by far the best stam class I've played, and I've played them all. There's one simple reason.

Shimmering shield. Holy god. This thing restores the magicka it costs, and generates a metric ton of ult. In an outnumbered fight, with magicka users on the fringes firing in, I can have more uptime on tree ult than down time. It's absolutely insane.

And the burst. I am running S/B + DW, with Ravaging, Hundings and Bloodspawn. The burst damage of sub assault > cliff racer > heavy attack > rending slashes is just so brutal. Few survive my rotation, and I haven't lost a straight 1v1 since I started really playing it in Cyro the last few days.

Honestly it's very OP.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »
    Stam warden is by far the best stam class I've played, and I've played them all. There's one simple reason.

Shimmering shield. Holy god. This thing restores the magicka it costs, and generates a metric ton of ult. In an outnumbered fight, with magicka users on the fringes firing in, I can have more uptime on tree ult than down time. It's absolutely insane.

And the burst. I am running S/B + DW, with Ravaging, Hundings and Bloodspawn. The burst damage of sub assault > cliff racer > heavy attack > rending slashes is just so brutal. Few survive my rotation, and I haven't lost a straight 1v1 since I started really playing it in Cyro the last few days.

Honestly it's very OP.

The fact that shimmering is one of the only things you need magika for allows you to really keep that and trees up so much!

I'm curious, have you tried fury? If you're running with very small groups or solo I prefer fury. Ravager is good, and will outperform it in a lot of group settings, but since you're tanking for extended periods of time between trees and shimmering I think fury will give you much larger burst windows and charging it shouldn't be an issue. In theory this should allow you to chain burst combos in outnumbered situations since once fury is charged it will stay charged as long as you get crit every 6 seconds. Plus, it flat out gives more damage.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 31, 2017 3:45PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mojomonkeyman

I'm not sure why you feel the need to insult me but I'd love to hear which part of this statement you feel to be untrue

despite having less play time on stamina warden than ANY other spec in the game I can throw on fury/shackle and be more effective than most builds.

Again, just insulting me accomplishes nothing and I'd love to hear what part of my statement you disagree with and perhaps even why. Or I can just report you for harassing me if you've got nothing to say but how dumb I am.

Here I am, always trying to help people, and here you are mouthing off like a juvenile brat. You're such a great and outstanding part of our community, thank you for taking your time with us! Wow

You can be pretty insulting too fyi. You directly called me bad.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magwarden is way more popular.
    Most players I talked to and most pvp streamers seems to prefer magden (Jackdaniels, Hateerohanzo, Hexys etc). Only good streamer that plays stamden is Kodi to my knowledge.
    Not sure why stamden so underolayed. It looks great on paper.
    Stamwarden is prolly better for 1vX due to the fact that stam is generally better solo than any magbuild except magsorc. Dodgerolling around trees with vigor ticks and treespamming for a Benny Hill like experience can't be beaten in 1vX.

Edited by Ariades_swe on August 31, 2017 11:45PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mojomonkeyman

You can be pretty insulting too fyi. You directly called me bad.

Agreed he is not the most socially adept person I've seen around. Very sensitive individual as well.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on August 31, 2017 11:59PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fury doesn't lose some value in no-CP, but still procs decently.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭

Honestly it's very OP.

The fact that shimmering is one of the only things you need magika for allows you to really keep that and trees up so much!

I'm curious, have you tried fury? If you're running with very small groups or solo I prefer fury. Ravager is good, and will outperform it in a lot of group settings, but since you're tanking for extended periods of time between trees and shimmering I think fury will give you much larger burst windows and charging it shouldn't be an issue. In theory this should allow you to chain burst combos in outnumbered situations since once fury is charged it will stay charged as long as you get crit every 6 seconds. Plus, it flat out gives more damage.

I might give it a shot. Part of why I run Ravaging though is that I run WW for tank busting, and Ravaging is more reliable for damage than Fury in WW form, since I won't be taking hits in WW if I can help it.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Honestly it's very OP.

I might give it a shot. Part of why I run Ravaging though is that I run WW for tank busting, and Ravaging is more reliable for damage than Fury in WW form, since I won't be taking hits in WW if I can help it.

Oh! You're quite right, there's really no comparing the two on a WW build, ravager will drastically outperform. Does howl proc it? It's been a while but I know it was weirdly considered a projectile last time I played a WW.

I'd love to hear about your WW setup and how it plays and get some advice on it! Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'm gonna shoot you a message with some questions if you don't mind
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden if only I had another character slot, just to see.

Still want to try a "hybrid"

Fury + Pelinal sounds cool and the idea itself opens up a lot of choices
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds