Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Why do I have download 30gb update if I don't have dlc

plnkfloydian
I don't have anymore room to update the game is now well over 100gb that's just insane. I don't care if this is in the wrong place I need to vent this is just getting out of hand
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the base game is updated as well.

No way you can avoid it. Sorry Bro
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have anymore room to update the game is now well over 100gb that's just insane. I don't care if this is in the wrong place I need to vent this is just getting out of hand

The update was 30 GB, the original game was around 72 GB. The final updated game is 79 GB so most of the update would consist of changes to the original game. So when the update is completed you shouldn't need 100 GB but you will need space for the update.

if you are tight on space you can uninstall the original version then download the new version which should only require the 79 GB. It will take more than 2x as long to download but you'll require less space.

Or you can buy a small external drive. One advantage of the external drive is portability. I downloaded the update yesterday and copied the new updated game to my wife's Xbox in a lot less time than trying to download it at around 1-2 GB per hour.