Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Full DW build

kuma82
kuma82
✭✭✭
Does anyone have a build that utilises DW on both bars? I can hit 21k dps using dw on both bars, no ultimate, with this patch now thanks to lover mundus. My gear was all crit or weap dmg, so having 4004 pen now is awesome. Plus i did 5/5 nmg backbar for that set proc, which carries over to main bar which I heavy attack with 5/5 hundings. The proc carries most of the time through at least half of front bar rotation. I run a stam dk.
I am not looking to hit 30k dps, that would be nice but not my goal. I just want to play a melee character and not have to use bow. Does anyone else do this or have tried it at all?
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't really see why you would wan't to use DW on both bars. If you really wan't to go with two melee bars i would use twohander + DW.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • kuma82
    kuma82
    ✭✭✭
    Because I enjoy dw more. I am also more in the mindset from playing so many other mmos that I want a damage class built around a weapon. Specs in classes were built around weapons. Eso doesn't have that with its limited skill bar and playstyle. I don't lack anything by not using 2h.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to play DW/DW on stam DK 5MT+5Viper+2Mephala
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you've thought of this, with double dual wield you could squeeze in two 5-piece sets, a monster piece like Kragh or Molag Kena and also 3 pieces of Agility jewelry to get the most out of set bonuses. One dual wield bar could have something like Sunderflame weapons while the other could have something like Night mothers so that both 5 piece bonuses carry over after swapping weapon bars.

I'd suggest one or two axes for the high bleed uptime. A Stam DK would likely go with heavy attack weaving so perhaps 3 of the weapons in precise, sharpened or even charged traits would work out nicely. The weapon damage glyph could be placed on an infused weapon if you can proc it on the same weapon bar after five seconds. If you were using pure light attack weaving, 4 different infused enchants would give very nice single target damage all by themselves since you'd be firing off an enchantment nearly every second. If you sometimes run in groups without magic class DPS, I'd recommend using a shock enchantment to proc the concussed status +8% DPS buff over using a disease enchantment. The big drawback to this is AOE DPS would be low or expensive as you use steel tornado a lot more than you would with a bow.
  • kuma82
    kuma82
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I lack in aoe. All I have is caltrops, blade cloak, and noxious breath as any aoe dmg. I actually started with a heavy attack build template alcast just made for horns. That's how I started and got my front bar. That's my heavy attack bar, back bar is for buffs, caltrops, and breath. I had two open slots from taking out poison injection and endless hail. I put in flurry, and shrouded daggers. I use light attack weaving on backbar since I would have done same with bow. I add in daggers every other rotation to keep up 20% weapon dmg buff along with my molten weapons buff. I currently don't have a monster set so I don't use that just yet. I am happy with it as I get to not only do decent dps, but i its all crafted except jewelry so i can at least like the way i look lol, and i get to do a playstyle I enjoy.

I do use 1 axe on front bar, going to add a second on backbar. I just was testing it at first to see if I got to a point dps wise I was happy and could build off of it.
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    I used dw/dw for a long time with my stamina sorc.....a mob bar and a boss bar. It doesn't work well in some 4-man dungeons though which makes you kinda useless as a dps. You must have a ranged weapon in many of these dungeons (I now use dw/bow).
  • kuma82
    kuma82
    ✭✭✭
    I know the benefits and need for a bow. I just hate having to have to use it. If I wanted a ranged character I would make one. I am just way to used to mmos making clear cut classes. Eso is great for breaking that in some aspects, but it makes you bring that bow for backbar.

I am not going to be pushing vet trials or even maelstrom really. It seems pointless to me, so I made this build to just enjoy normal trials if I want, and vet dungeons. I won't be top dps but I can do what I want without being a huge drag.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kuma82 wrote: »
    I know the benefits and need for a bow. I just hate having to have to use it. If I wanted a ranged character I would make one. I am just way to used to mmos making clear cut classes. Eso is great for breaking that in some aspects, but it makes you bring that bow for backbar.

I am not going to be pushing vet trials or even maelstrom really. It seems pointless to me, so I made this build to just enjoy normal trials if I want, and vet dungeons. I won't be top dps but I can do what I want without being a huge drag.
    I feel you. Back in the day I made an Orc NB, with the thought of making him something like a death knight, with duel wield and 2h. But I ended up slotting that damned bow... it's just too good to pass up.