The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Changes or Additions to Forum Nav Bar

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
We recently discovered that some of you weren't aware there was a Participated link on our forums, which allows you to simply see all threads you've posted in from a single page. You can currently find this if you click the little cog on the black bar at the top where your Inbox is located. Would you like to see this displayed on the top navigation bar for easier access? Somewhat related, but how useful is the current selection of links in the navigation bar, particularly the Unanswered option? Let us know what you think in the poll below!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter

Changes or Additions to Forum Nav Bar 125 votes

Add Participated to the forum nav bar
48%
IcyDeadPeopleAuldjohnDeathStalkerNewBlacksmurfDurnikSigtricPseron_WyrdGigasaxElsterchenTurelusDanikatixieRMerlinanitajoneb17_ESOShareeBlueVioletLoralai_907SanTii.92ashigrayElsonso 61 votes
Replace Unanswered with Participated in the forum nav bar
34%
Synfidiek9mouseGlassHalfFulllolo_01b16_ESOMajiaEnodocKhenarthikwisatzdanno8cac1977ub17_ESOiqoologiceb17_ESOJasonSilverSpringNifty2gStillianLlogweytechnohicGilGaladWyndStrykebottleofsyrupGTech_1 43 votes
I have no preference what you add or remove to the forum nav bar
10%
Tandorthe_samapaLegedricDefiltedLordNillocDr.NRGZerokmenedhynForsakenSinWarbow7Sticky_PawsTucker3711kiyoshigawa 13 votes
I have a different idea!
6%
saf227_ESOYakidafiOctopussFauntersirinsidiatorCaffeinatedMayhemrootimuswolfie1.0. 8 votes
Staff Post
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    ... particularly the Unanswered option?

I've never found the 'Unanswered' option useful. 'Participated' would be better.

Edited by WyndStryke on August 29, 2017 4:01PM
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Unanswered option in the navigation bar, but most of the time the questions are too difficult. If I knew more about the game then it would be more useful to me. I will definitely try to check the Unanswered section more often to help people out that I can.

I do like the idea of adding Participated to the nav bar too, which would save me a click and perhaps make people more aware of the Participated page.
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on August 29, 2017 4:14PM
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add the Participated link to the bar, there's lots of room up there.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Outside of the navigation bar I have another idea... The Z in a box that appears when a ZOS employee comments, could that be either removed or replaced by an M in a box if it's just a comment about having to moderate posts?

So many times I get excited to see that ZOS has answered a question, only to find they didn't.
    Edited by Runs on August 29, 2017 4:08PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay, my noobness is making a difference. :D

I've never paid attention to the Unanswered link, so it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it went away, but I chose just add Participated because some people might use the Unanswered link and I don't think adding another link would make the bar too cluttered.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also suggest that you question about the bookmark feature as well.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 29, 2017 4:44PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really enjoy the unanswered section... but unless there is a way to have threads removed from that section after X time... it's not very clean or useful.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a different idea!
    I often don't want to be notified about *every* thread in a post, just the one right after mine. My only options now are to turn off the notifications, and then remember which threads I wanted to check back on.

Also, it would be nice if "starring" a post sent it to a separate location, or if I could receive notifications ONLY for threads I've starred. Marking a thread really doesn't do anything useful right now.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bothered what you decide to do, I will carry on regardless with whatever layout you choose.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a different idea!
    Why not just go ahead replace "Categories" with the actual category types themselves (Official News and Updates, General, Community, etc) and have them be drop-down menus containing each of their sub-forums? You can then put Dev Tracker, Recent, Unanswered, and Participated in their own menu called "Special" or something.

In my opinion, that would certainly improve usability and make navigating the forums much more intuitive. Right now, I have almost no reason to click up there.
    Edited by Faunter on August 29, 2017 7:10PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the little cog next to our names is a pretty standard "settings" icon for most apps or programs, why not have it list forum settings like notification options, profile pictures, signature settings, quote settings, etc...

That and move the "Participated" option to the top as suggested. "Participated" is not really a setting so it shouldn't be under a "settings" themed cog.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This meant with all the sincerity and love for the forums in the world and to be positive . Please be careful !
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any particular interest in this point, but I would like to be able once again to access the forums on my Samsung phone using the default browser. Since the recent changes it gives me solid brown/black pages although it works with Chrome which is no use to me as I use the default browser for everything else (and always did for ESO) with no reason to change now. I would appreciate at the very least seeing an acknowledgement of this problem which has been confirmed by others but even better would be confirmation that a fix is being worked on.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id definitely love to see you do more polls like this:) Especially when it comes to balance or gear changes!
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a different idea!
    danno8 wrote: »
    Since the little cog next to our names is a pretty standard "settings" icon for most apps or programs, why not have it list forum settings like notification options, profile pictures, signature settings, quote settings, etc...

That and move the "Participated" option to the top as suggested. "Participated" is not really a setting so it shouldn't be under a "settings" themed cog.

Yeah, also add "My Drafts" up there too.
    Edited by Faunter on August 29, 2017 7:37PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't have any particular interest in this point, but I would like to be able once again to access the forums on my Samsung phone using the default browser. Since the recent changes it gives me solid brown/black pages although it works with Chrome which is no use to me as I use the default browser for everything else (and always did for ESO) with no reason to change now. I would appreciate at the very least seeing an acknowledgement of this problem which has been confirmed by others but even better would be confirmation that a fix is being worked on.

@Tandor what phone and Android version? I run an S8 with Nouget and am able to use the forums using the standard Samsung browser. The issue you're experiencing must be a little more specific than just the Samsung browser, so maybe they're having trouble figuring out why if they can't replicate.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty for explaining an easier access to threads I participated in. I used to enter my profile and use the list found in the "discussion" section. :D
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Categories is the only one of the current links I've ever used. I wouldn't miss any of the others if they were removed, and I do think 'Participated' would be a useful one to add.

Even more useful for me would be a button that takes you back to the section the current topic is in. (So for example on this topic it would go to the General Discussion section.) Yes the browser itself has a back button, but that takes you back to the page as it was when you were last on it, you then have to refresh it to see any new activity.

Alternatively fix the scroll bar so it appears on every page - ever since the last update I only see it about 50% of the time, and that's on both IE and Chrome. Then I could use the link at the top of the page without having to scroll up manually.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering how much time I've spent on the forums I didn't even know this.

Also, @ZOS_GinaBruno this bar and the dev tracker items should be present on the mobile site views as well not just the standard web view as a lot of users are on mobile vs standard.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »

@Tandor what phone and Android version? I run an S8 with Nouget and am able to use the forums using the standard Samsung browser. The issue you're experiencing must be a little more specific than just the Samsung browser, so maybe they're having trouble figuring out why if they can't replicate.

It's an S3 Mini, Android version 4.2.2. UK-based, of course. Others have reported the same problem in other threads. As for whether they're having trouble replicating it, I'd just settle for them acknowledging the problem.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you're at it, don't forget to fix the ongoing performance problems the recent forum changes introduced. Browsing remains awful since then.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a different idea!
    I vote that you expand the toolbar and optimize the forums for mobile usage. navigating the forums on a mobile device is a pain.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a different idea!
    I said it before and I'll say it again:
    This forum is a DISASTER. Take a look at ANY widely used free forum software and do it that way.
    Nothing here makes any sense and it's absolute pain in the arse to use.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it would be nice if "starring" a post sent it to a separate location, or if I could receive notifications ONLY for threads I've starred. Marking a thread really doesn't do anything useful right now.
    @thatlaurachick If I understand correctly what you're after here, you can do that already. Starred threads can be found at https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussions/bookmarked (which is under the star icon in the black bar), and one of the Notification settings is Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Even more useful for me would be a button that takes you back to the section the current topic is in. (So for example on this topic it would go to the General Discussion section.) Yes the browser itself has a back button, but that takes you back to the page as it was when you were last on it, you then have to refresh it to see any new activity.
    @Danikat You can do that already by clicking on "General ESO Discussion" in the trail

Forums > General ESO Discussion

(But it would make a lot more sense if it was link-coloured rather than black, as that doesn't tell you that it's linked ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a different idea!
    The new top bar wastes too much screen space for my taste. I also don't like that the breadcrumbs and user menu stays on top when I scroll. I took it in my own hands and changed it via the Firefox addon "Stylish". It now looks like this for me:
    PYj9uIE.jpg
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
    @-moz-document regexp("^.*://forums\.elderscrollsonline\.com.*") {
    body {
    opacity: 1 !important;
    }

#Breadcrumbs {
    position: fixed;
    top: 5px;
    left: 10px;
    z-index: 999999;
    }

#Breadcrumbs i {
    color: #fff;
    }

#Breadcrumbs .Last a {
    color: #ccc;
    }

#Breadcrumbs a {
    color: #41aec5;
    }

#Navigation {
    position: unset;
    }

#Navigation .MeBox {
    top: 20px;
    left: 10px;
    }

#Navigation .PullRight {
    right: 20px;
    top: 10px;
    }

.universal-nav-wrapper .top-level {
    position: absolute;
    top: -100px;
    right: 0;
    }

.universal-nav-wrapper .top-level > ul {
    top: 100px;
    right: 260px;
    width: 17vw;
    line-height: 20px !important;
    text-align: right;
    }

#Content .dis-bar {
    min-height: 10px;
    }

#Content .PageControls.Top {
    margin: -60px 0px 10px 0;
    position: relative;
    height: 40px;
    }

#Content .PageControls.Top .Button {
    margin-left: 950px;
    z-index: 999;
    }
    }
    Edited by sirinsidiator on August 30, 2017 2:00PM
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I actually really enjoy the unanswered section... but unless there is a way to have threads removed from that section after X time... it's not very clean or useful.

@MissBizz I agree, the only sort of clean up possible that I know about is that if you have personally posted in a thread from the Unanswered page, the next time you visit the Unanswered page it will no longer be there. However, in my case I can't answer many of them, or some of them already have many answers and there is nothing else I can add that would be useful. Does the OP have to declare their Question thread as Answered for it to be removed? I need to do more research.
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »
    @Danikat You can do that already by clicking on "General ESO Discussion" in the trail

Forums > General ESO Discussion

(But it would make a lot more sense if it was link-coloured rather than black, as that doesn't tell you that it's linked ;)

The problem is that to do that I have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page. If the scroll bar has vanished and I'm at the bottom of a long topic that can take an annoyingly long time (well under a minute. but still more time that I want to spend reaching a link to go back to the page I was on).

Whereas that bar at the top is always on screen, so a link there would always be accessible.

(It would also help if they could make the bar smaller, it seems absurdly large compared to everything else on the forum, and if they could make it move smoothly instead of flickering up and down as I scroll, which is extremely distracting and annoying.)
    Edited by Danikat on August 30, 2017 5:47PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a different idea!
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @thatlaurachick If I understand correctly what you're after here, you can do that already. Starred threads can be found at https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussions/bookmarked (which is under the star icon in the black bar), and one of the Notification settings is Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.

Hey @endoc - I don't think works in Safari, I do NOT get that notifications option.

It WAS present in the past, but not now.

EDIT: Ok, bookmarked a post, ans THEN it shows up. UX design is NOT Zos' strong suit. As in, why is it cal "bookmarked" when the icon is a star? If you want to "bookmark" it, use a bookmark icon! If it's a star, call it starred!
    Sorry I don't read whoever's mind to intuitively understand this ***, but the UI for the game and website make no sense without people explaining what things do.

*slow clap* Maybe it's time I quit. ESO has really stopped being fun.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on August 31, 2017 3:35AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I didnt know before this post ^^