The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to fix PvP

SugaComa
SugaComa
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've seen lately how PvP sucks ... No combat teams have all found hours to play alone so map goes all red at X hour then all blue then all yellow same players on leader boards for all three factions

Real PvP play is lost instead it's pve in rotation

So here is an idea to fix

Campaigns last 4 hours, 30 minute scoring only one faction per account per campaign

At end of campaign map resets to neutral empty is dethroned but having emp at end of campaign not only give additional rewards it gives you an ap boost for the first 30.minutes of next campaign

Thoughts ?
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the group healing that made 15 oils useless
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you playing on ? On PS4 we're seeing oils so high they're insta kills
    Edited by SugaComa on August 29, 2017 9:47AM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oiling is a two sided sword.
    On one hand small groups could easily defend a keep using old oils, on the other hand a bigger group can have people on oils and people distracting / rezzing.

It's no like pressing left click is that impressive either.

Resetting the campaign won't magically make cyrodiil great again. Problems are elsewhere.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Resetting the campaign won't magically make cyrodiil great again. Problems are elsewhere.

My thinking with 4 hour campaigns and resetting is it becomes more about the PvP aspect and not about who is will to find the time when it's quietest to turn the map one colour
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you might want to check out several of the pvp sets that massively reduce siege and AOE damage.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Campaigns that short would be healthy. However I do think when scores reset the map should reset - would make it spicy.

But I can see your concept working on a 'arcade' server - maybe it resets when someone gets Emp. So its a furious battle, more action.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Oiling is a two sided sword.
    On one hand small groups could easily defend a keep using old oils, on the other hand a bigger group can have people on oils and people distracting / rezzing.

It's no like pressing left click is that impressive either.

For crying out loud is siege not aloud to be strong because it requires only a left click to operate? Were playing a RPG not mortal combat. If people are not dying to siege there is something wrong regardless of how easy they are to use.

Right now defending with siege is a joke. Oil tickles. Assaulting keeps also is just way to fast, ram's deal way to much damage. It makes trying to respond to keeps being taken impossible... keeps flip 30 seconds after they are flagged.

Putting player combat a side, siege combat and the dynamics of assaulting/defending keeps needs to be re-tuned.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 29, 2017 5:13PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    But I can see your concept working on a 'arcade' server - maybe it resets when someone gets Emp. So its a furious battle, more action.

I wouldn't want it to reset at emp it defeats the purpose of getting emp

But yes the idea is to create a more furious fight and more PvP action

You could then challenge guilds into a three way set a time and boom 4 hours of fun

Limited numbers to keep balance with a diminishing percentage lock out as the population grows so teams stay fairly even