The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best and/or most fun

MrBM
MrBM
✭✭
So I'm coming back to play and was wondering what is the best class and mag or stam that is the best and/or most fun at the moment. I know sorc is still probably op as always but how are the others?
PC/Xbox NA

PC Guild: Imperator Rebellium (IR)
Nexus (NX)

Xbox Guild: Guildmaster of Pug Rebellium

EP Dark Elf Nightblade: Mr BM
EP Imperial Nightblade: 'Ichigo Kurosaki
EP Lizard lolz Templar: 'Minori
EP Orc Dragonknight: Get Lept Upon
EP Wood Elf Nightblade: 'Sode no Shirayuki
EP High Elf Sorc: Bolts for Pugs
EP Dark Elf Dragonknight: Whip of Dreams
EP Imperial Sorc: i Saber i

AD Dark Elf Dragonknight: Mrs BM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say any class can be "op" and the "best" at any given moment. But you can't go wrong with templar for PvP and PvE. It's a "do it all" class in comparison to lets say a nightblade which is much more linear and focused.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always on my stamblade because I'm working through those ranks...and I do find stamblades the most fun...but I also have a ton of fun playing stam sorc. He can crash and rattle most anyone, ha.

And yes, mag sorcs are OP, and saying that any class can be OP is like saying that anyone can have a high IQ. No, no they cannot, as evidenced by Michael Bay movies, lines at Arby's and every Kardashian that ever lived. Someone might have a low IQ and make the most of it, or give a right answer when a higher IQ person flubs. But if someone has a higher IQ they have more processing power and generally do better, and similarly mag sorcs have a little more power even if they don't always outperform in every scenario.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shield and re-shield play style isn't for everyone.

There's no objective answer to your question, OP. It's trial and error, person by person.

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB