The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Camera Issues - 180 spinning and unable to navigate stairs

VirtualElizabeth
VirtualElizabeth
✭✭✭✭
There was a thread from 2014 that was similar to my issue but it was closed recently by ZOS. In the past month or so and particularly after Horns of the Reach, whenever my char enters a tight space (dungeon or resource structure in Cyrodiil) but camera spins 180 degrees and I get disoriented as to where my char should be.

Saturday night was particularly bad when I entered a resource building (I believe the mine at Arrius) and camera wobbled so much I could not navigate the stairs. This, of course, made it pretty much impossible to take on other players so I logged out in frustration.

Until now, I have been one of the lucky few I didn't have problems in Cyrodiil. This is a huge issue for me since one my major draws to this game is the PVP in Cyrodiil. Any thoughts?
@ElizabethInTamriel
NA/PC
Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You mentioned a thread we recently closed that had a similar issue with the camera spinning to the one you are having. Did you try disabling display scaling on high DPI settings? If you have, the next thing you can try is changing look sensitivity by following the steps below:
    1. Open the Settings Menu [Esc].
    2. Under the Controls panel, click on Camera.
    3. Modify the rotation speed for the First and Third Person.

In addition, you can try decreasing the game's graphics settings to see if that helps with the camera spinning.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Thank you for the suggestions. I will try the above when I get home. I also completed a reset of my PC to make sure there was some software conflicts going on.

Thanks again!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE One question - disabling display scaling on high DPI settings - is this in the game or somewhere on my graphics settings for the PC?
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The option to disable display scaling is an option in Windows. You would find the ESO executable, then right-click and select Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Hi Bill,

So I finally was able to log in long enough last night to make my way into Cyrodiil. I made the changes you suggested with the Display Scaling along with a system reset AND a new mouse. I am happy to say that the spinning has now stopped. I am not sure what the actual root cause was with all the changes I made - but the bottom line is I can enjoy Cyrodiil again.

Thanks again!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC