The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ebony motif and or writs

LastAyleidKing
LastAyleidKing
✭✭✭
How difficult and expensive or time consuming is it to do writs to get the motif?
I never really got into the writ system I tried it once but one writ turn in took me thru like 6zones to turn in rather than just say windhelm in my journal.
Ps I'm on Xbox one so yeah idk I'm wanting to try for whole armor set but idk if the craft to return ratio is even worth it?
I'm starting to see motifs trickle into guild shops 45k and up but idk sigh I'd rather buy with crowns lolol

Best Answer

• LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Still #commitednow #long-term #goals
    Edited by LastAyleidKing on August 28, 2017 1:31AM
    Answer ✓
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your luck. Get a high writ and you'll be there in no time. I have max everything with all motifs learned and it took about a month to save up.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a master crafter but I managed to get 300 vouchers recently after doing daily writs most days since the system launched. It is cheaper to buy full book for 300 vouchers but takes patience. The frustrating part is that I think it is 50 vouchers for the style mat.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Style mats are fairly cheap, but wow does this thing look good, I went heavy on chest and legs and light for the rest and it armoured me up like a tank. The set looks phenomenal and takes great screen shots, i just added the assassin personality to really make it pop
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are unsealed master writs that other players have for sale ... whether that be in the guild stores or in zone chat. So, keep your eyes peeled.

Make sure you can actually craft the master writ before buying one from another player.

I sincerely hope this motif doesn't go into the crown store. It's one of the few things that master crafters can hang their hat on.

@JasonSilverSpring -- It's actually easier to find set pieces that are Ebony style to decon ... rather than spend vouchers on the mats themselves. For example, Ravager set pieces are Ebony style and can be found in Vlasterus for 12k AP per piece.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you EU. I have one to sell
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Or mimic stones ;p .
    So how do the writs/master writs work and vouchers?
    Is sealed master writ a random reward? How about vouchers those only from master writs?
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    U.S. xbox
    Gt= LastAyleidKing
    Edited by LastAyleidKing on August 27, 2017 11:32PM
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    I finally figured out how to buy some in stores jeezus they are just a resource drain and the payout is *** poor......
    302 gold? The item and materials alone you should get 2k to offset my gawd.....
    At this rate it will cost more gold than buying it in a guild store.....bleh
    Edited by LastAyleidKing on August 28, 2017 12:51AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I finally figured out how to buy some in stores jeezus they are just a resource drain and the payout is *** poor......
    302 gold? The item and materials alone you should get 2k to offset my gawd.....
    At this rate it will cost more gold than buying it in a guild store.....bleh

I would agree that if you're going to just buy master writs rather than get them from completing the top-tier crafting writs, then just buying the motif from a guild store is a better option for you. If you don't pay gold for the master writs, then your only expense is the resources used, but that is offset by the gold and other items you get from the regular writs from which the master writs are obtained.

Early on, I did purchase a MW or two, to speed things up, but only ones that were 1K per voucher, which was pretty cheap around the launch of Homestead.
  • Helsethia
    Helsethia
    Soul Shriven
    Or mimic stones ;p .
    So how do the writs/master writs work and vouchers?
    Is sealed master writ a random reward? How about vouchers those only from master writs?

Master Crafting writs are random rewards from completing regular crafting writs. I heard somewhere that you have a higher chance of getting them more often if you have a lot of traits researched/motifs known. The vouchers are rewards for completing the writs and can be exchanged at the master writ NPC for items/motifs/furniture recipes
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to be doing the highest level writs for a chance to get master writs which can be worth anywhere from 2 vouchers to 300+. My highest ever was worth 251, I have had a few between 100 and 200 but usually a good one might be in the 70-80 range.

Trait research and motif knowledge are supposed to improve your chance of getting a master writ but once you get it, the voucher value is still very random. My most experience, 'motif knowing', 9 trait crafter has received the most writs, but not the highest value writ nor the most number of writ vouchers.

I do writs on 8 characters, so get a good supply of master writs, have spent over 4000 vouchers and have over 1300 in the bank.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.