The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Do you recommend being a vampire as a Breton templar healer?

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
I've read that people suggest being a vampire as a healer, is it something I need to be?

Best Answer

• BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a vampire breton templar healer in PVP. There are so many aspects of being a vampire that is not necessary if you don't want to be one. The biggest incentive (as a templar healer) is elusive mist. As a magplar, we have a very big problem with mobility. NB's vanish. Sorcs streak. Any stamina class can run retreating maneuver...but we (and maybe magDK's) are SOL. There are only three options I know of...first, you can suck it up and fight to the death every time, because you can't retreat effectively. Second, you can run speed potions. Or you can run elusive mists as a vampire. If there is another option to get mobility on a magplar somebody let me know because I'd rather not be so hideous.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need? Absolutely not.

I am though. If the dungeon has lots of fire I don't feel like dealing with, I'll simply feed! The undead and supernatural recovery passives are useful if you're in need of more regen, and mist form is life saving in PvP.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a healer, you'll have more bar space to fit repentance/restoring aura which will give the 10% Regen missing from vampire.

As doc said, there's other reasons to run vamp as a Templar. And ways to temp. remove vamp if you can't "stand the heat from the kitchen".
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you need to be one? No. Should you be one? Yes!
    The 10% increased regen is huge and stacks very well with other regen amplifiers like restoring aura, purge and barrier.
    The weakness to flame damage doesn't matter at all, since you have so much spell resistance as a Breton Templar.
    I personally only lower my vampire stage for the last boss in vHOF currently, but even there I think it's not needed.
    For PvP it is very nice as well, since both active skills are very useful.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not mandatory but would seriously help on the regen.

If you PVP the sneak passive is great as well.
    Options