The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1-50 lvl BGs in HotR?

Chelister
Chelister
✭✭✭
Is it true that with the upcoming release of HotR there will be added separate BGs for 1 - 50 levels?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of a all HotR was released already, and second BGs don't have a 1-50 queue.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    First of a all HotR was released already, and second BGs don't have a 1-50 queue.

Isn't 29th the release date for consoles?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right. I always forget the consoles. Apologies. Regardless BGs will not feature a separate 1-50 queue.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Right. I always forget the consoles. Apologies. Regardless BGs will not feature a separate 1-50 queue.

Don't worry, you are not alone
  • wendal
    wendal
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there is an under 50 option on PC, I was playing it a week or two ago iirc. It's more than likely 10-49 as opposed to 1-50 though, same as lowbie cyrodill.
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no expert, but...

lhXctwh.png
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    wendal wrote: »
    Pretty sure there is an under 50 option on PC, I was playing it a week or two ago iirc. It's more than likely 10-49 as opposed to 1-50 though, same as lowbie cyrodill.
    pauli133 wrote: »
    I'm no expert, but...

lhXctwh.png

I didn't get it. What is the difference Below Level 50 and Non-Champion for 10-50? Non-Veteran BGs are also non-CP, right?
  • TyroneShoelaces
    Below level 50, means there's no level 50's in there.
    Unfortunately, that queue is broken, or nobody is using it.
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭

So the first option is Below level 50 (10-49)
    Second option is Non-Champion (10-50). By including 50 there, does it mean it's from level 10 to 630CP?
  • misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭
    Chelister wrote: »

Second option is Non-Champion (10-50). By including 50 there, does it mean it's from level 10 to 630CP?

Yes, and since CP is disabled, the biggest difference is the gear. In the 10-49 queue, all players are equipped with gear that is under level 50. In the 10-50 NO CP queue, the lvl 50 players have access to max lvl gear.

Compare the stats from lvl 49 gear to lvl 50 CP160 gear and see what a difference those two queues can make.
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    Chelister wrote: »

Yes, and since CP is disabled, the biggest difference is the gear. In the 10-49 queue, all players are equipped with gear that is under level 50. In the 10-50 NO CP queue, the lvl 50 players have access to max lvl gear.

Compare the stats from lvl 49 gear to lvl 50 CP160 gear and see what a difference those two queues can make.

That is right, if we judge by stats CP160 gear is far more superior to the gear below level 49. However, isn't there the scale up thing present in PVP? I am not sure how it is called, but it scales gear and stats to specific number. This is concerning level 1-49 players participating in 1-50 BG. Isn't their gear going to be scaled up to 160CP so to match those above level 49

• wendal
    wendal
    ✭✭✭
    That's true, battle leveling is also increased at lower levels and takes into account the quality of your gear (from what I remember). So a level 11 for example in legendary armour sets will get a massive boost, but obviously have less skills and passive abilitys too choose from .This battle leveling buff also applies in 10-49 bracket and the open world pve. There is an indicator on your character sheet under your name which shows in 1-5 stars how effective your gear is, I'd suggest keeping your gear up to date every 5-10 levels depending on how effective/ competitive you wish to be.
    Lowbie BG are just as unforgiving as joining the 50+, you will face premade teams and experienced players. On the plus side you don't have to deal with monster sets and the majority of folk will not invest in legendary upgraded gear until endgame.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle leveling for below 50 players ends up yielding better stats than Max level player in max gear.

The closer you get to level 50 the lower your stats get.

For example, a level 30 in all level 30 purple gear has WAY better stats than CP160 in CP160 gold gear.

A level 40 in level 40 gear has lower stats than the above level 30. This is to balance out the extra skills and passives you gain at higher levels.

The main difference is the CP160 player most likely has better sets (Monster set, maelstrom/master, trial sets, etc).

BOP sets are too difficult to get for below 50 before you out level them. So your more likely to have crafted and overland BOE sets. Or with some players, must trash items they pick up from doing content.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played the level 1-49 BGs on PC/NA a bit when I was leveling my Magicka DK a month or so ago, and it was completely ruined by heavily twinked-out characters. If someone is legitimately new to the game, or leveling an alt with crafted blue gear with the Training trait (like I was), they can forget about being competitive with those people who wasted tens of thousands of gold on gear/upgrades for their level 30-49 characters. There were multiple times that I saw the twink characters doing literally triple the "regular" players' damage, even if they weren't actually playing more skillfully; the per-hit damage was just absurdly high.