Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should the Linchal Grand Manor be buyable for Gold bound to achievements/Imperial Edition?

Anne_Firehawk
Anne_Firehawk
✭✭✭✭✭
I voiced it before on the PTS, the Linchal Grand Manor should be available for purchase with Gold instead of being Crownstore only.
It's the Imperial Manor, so let owners of the Imperial Edition buy it with Gold. Or connect it to the Bane of the Goldcoast-Achievement.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by Anne_Firehawk on August 25, 2017 11:15AM
Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
GUAR SQUAD OP
All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers

Should the Linchal Grand Manor be buyable for Gold bound to achievements/Imperial Edition? 71 votes

Yes, like the other Imperial Houses it should be buyable for Gold if you have the Imperial Edition
39%
nexxus_ESOCpt_TeemoOsteosAimoraAlienSlofNebthet78PurpleDrankjevans1342nub18_ESOLinaleahAdernathCîanaiSHADOW2KKSergunTaintedKurseApheriusjediprime74ComboBreaker88LadyNalcaryaKrainor1974Incognitius 28 votes
Yes, it should be buyable for Gold bound to the Bane of the Goldcoast-Achievement
43%
Iruil_ESOEnodocskoomatraitanitajoneb17_ESOAnath_QHaruspexOmniDoOldManJimrootimusAetherderiusSGT_Wolfe101stSirGabenOfSteamiaMattT1988JhalinFischblutJoffiIntegral1900bprater44livvy7678supremeiceprincess 31 votes
No, it is good as it is and should remain Crownstore only
16%
BlueRavenWuffyCeruleiSoupDragonactoshO_LYKOSGreatGildersleeveCasix2702Texecutioner187FakeFoxAurieBleuZephyrStonyfoot 12 votes
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it should be buyable for Gold bound to the Bane of the Goldcoast-Achievement
    I remember when they said there won't be any houses in DLC areas...
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    My personal opinion is leave it for Crowns just like the Grand Topal Hideaway. Part of the allure is exclusivity. If everyone has one then it will become common housing and then eventually ZOS will have to outdo themselves again to make a more exclusive property. Let's face it.. It's the same as Grand Topal Hideaway and hardly anyone has it and those that do... Well it's pretty awesome to see.
    Edited by Texecutioner187 on August 25, 2017 4:04PM
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »
    If everyone has one then it will become common housing and then eventually ZOS will have to outdo themselves again to make a more exclusive property.

While I disagree with your reasoning, I can hardly see ZOS being driven to outdo themselves as being in any way a bad thing.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whats the point of this poll? Are you trying to prove to ZoS that people want to pay gold for this house? Literally the reason for it being crown only is because they think people will want it very much

Asking people if they want to pay imaginary currency over real one almost always leads to the same result :smiley:
    Edited by SodanTok on August 25, 2017 4:20PM
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, like the other Imperial Houses it should be buyable for Gold if you have the Imperial Edition
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Whats the point of this poll? Are you trying to prove to ZoS that people want to pay gold for this house? Literally the reason for it being crown only is because they think people will want it very much

Asking people if they want to pay imaginary currency over real one almost always leads to the same result :smiley:

It's more about preventing people from getting milked like freaking cows for something that shouldn't cost them real €€€

Edit: You could still buy it with crowns obviously like every other house if that makes you feel better.
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on August 25, 2017 4:29PM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait! Wait! Wait!!!

Is this on sale now????
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    If everyone has one then it will become common housing and then eventually ZOS will have to outdo themselves again to make a more exclusive property.

While I disagree with your reasoning, I can hardly see ZOS being driven to outdo themselves as being in any way a bad thing.

Perhaps that last bit of reasoning was a stretch. But for those that like the Grand Topal Hideaway and don't have it... Part of what makes it so great is its exclusivity. I feel while the courtyard is by far the best feature of this, the exclusively also adds to it. Would you pay 15k crowns for it if everyone had it? Or would you be more likely to if no one else had it and it was unique to you and your guild? Just throwing that out there...
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Wait! Wait! Wait!!!

Is this on sale now????

Thought it goes on sale on HotR release? I see Hakkvilds High Hall in the Crown Showcase... Not Linchal.
    Edited by Texecutioner187 on August 25, 2017 4:43PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Wait! Wait! Wait!!!

Is this on sale now????

Thought it goes on sale on HotR release? I see Hakkvilds High Hall in the Crown Showcase... Not Linchal.

Yeah. I just rushed online and checked. It is not on sale yet.

This topic made it sound like it just hit the store. I have been waiting on this house for a while.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

It's more about preventing people from getting milked like freaking cows for something that shouldn't cost them real €€€

Edit: You could still buy it with crowns obviously like every other house if that makes you feel better.

Its not what makes me feel better. I am not going to buy it and I partially agree it shouldnt be crown only. Mostly because it is first house in DLC (and in that zone).
    But what I feel does not change the fact that people want this house and ZoS knows it, therefore they ask for higher (real) price. That is just business.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    14k = 90€. Really surprised people pay such prices. Especially considering Housing in this game is incredibly neglected with the most limiting of functionality and seen little to no improvements since its release.

Such a shame the direction this game is going, with their new business quarterly model etc. Of which featured little for PvP interactions.

Already looking at this game in Nostalgia nowadays.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without trying to come off like a jerk the poll is basically going to go as follow.

Those who want everything for free will say yes it should be, those who have disposable income will say it shouldn't be.

I would love to see every item from the Crown Store as an in game release, however that's not a viable business strategy for keeping this game going any more.
    With the move to buy to play it meant ZOS had to start making the items they sell in the shop ones people actually want, that means a lot of the cool stuff like this house will have to go there.

I'm fine with it being a store only item. I just wish it wasn't a timed exclusive.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't exactly call several million gold "free".
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Without trying to come off like a jerk the poll is basically going to go as follow.

Those who want everything for free will say yes it should be, those who have disposable income will say it shouldn't be.

I would love to see every item from the Crown Store as an in game release, however that's not a viable business strategy for keeping this game going any more.
    With the move to buy to play it meant ZOS had to start making the items they sell in the shop ones people actually want, that means a lot of the cool stuff like this house will have to go there.

I'm fine with it being a store only item. I just wish it wasn't a timed exclusive.

Arguably nothing wrong with in game transactions, but within reason. 90€ AND limited time offer. Nobody is arguing free stuff. Most are arguing reasonable pricing.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Won't happen.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to have it but for some reason I can't magic sixty plus pounds out of thin air!!!

also, the last expansion didn't cost that much!!!
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The trend into cosmetics costing more than major content updates is a sign that the game is in a downward spiral.

Then again, it's been in one for a while now with the direction their "balancing" is going. Make the game unfun to play with mandatory gear grinds and much-too-late-to-work sustain overhauls, increase the divide between overland and vet content to ridiculous degrees, then milk everyone for as much cash as they can before the game crashes and burns.

If I didn't have my guild, I probably wouldn't bother logging on. There's no sense of progression in this game and it may as well be TES: RNG edition.

Anyway, they only get away with this sort of scummy marketing because the player base lets them. They target the whales specifically because that means they don't have to sell as many instances of these items. If they priced reasonably, they'd sell so much more, but that requires confidence that the game is going to last, and as we've seen, the devs don't seem to have that.
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    You're too late. There are people buying it for it's exclusivity.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah I made the poll early enough to change something but ZOS doesn't give a single *** :D
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal opinion is leave it for Crowns just like the Grand Topal Hideaway. Part of the allure is exclusivity. If everyone has one then it will become common housing and then eventually ZOS will have to outdo themselves again to make a more exclusive property. Let's face it.. It's the same as Grand Topal Hideaway and hardly anyone has it and those that do... Well it's pretty awesome to see.

They didn't "outdo" themselves with this property though...

In fact, they did the exact opposite. They generated a flat, rectangular instance. And then they filled it with existing assets. Every single one of those assets was in the game since launch (in the Hollow City). It literally took an hour to make. It's their most unimaginative property yet.