The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Adding a free crown crate to your monthly ESO+ rewards

TaintedKurse
TaintedKurse
✭✭✭
I think this would be a cost efficient way to both increase ESO+ sales and crown crate sales

or at least maybe offer them to reoccurring subscribers

Anyone else agree?
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this is a very good idea!
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea, also.
  • markdlayton
    markdlayton
    Soul Shriven
    Gets my vote!
    Xbox EU Player
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course this is a good idea,... still this forum community would still find a way winge about it
  • Compton1865
    Compton1865
    ✭✭
    Nice idea!
    MemoFromTurner
    XB/NA/AD

Interesting in joining a vampire guild? The Strigoi Coven is looking for new recruits - shoot me a message!

"Vampires often turn on those who trust them, you know."
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea as a consumer.

From the business side, why should they? what are they getting, the crowns while nice arnt a big reason why people get the membership. Its the perks, probably the Craft bag more so then anything.

So as a business what do they get? Maybe if they bump the price of the eso membership. lets say it goes up to 18 a month. They change the amount for crowns to reflect, 1800 crowns, that AND they also give us 3 crates as well.

Would that be fair? It wouldn't stop me from subbing, I like the craft bag. Increasing the crowns to keep in line with what we get, and the little bonus of the crates would be a nice bonus.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queo wrote: »

From the business side, why should they? what are they getting, the crowns while nice arnt a big reason why people get the membership. Its the perks, probably the Craft bag more so then anything.

So as a business what do they get? Maybe if they bump the price of the eso membership. lets say it goes up to 18 a month. They change the amount for crowns to reflect, 1800 crowns, that AND they also give us 3 crates as well.

Would that be fair? It wouldn't stop me from subbing, I like the craft bag. Increasing the crowns to keep in line with what we get, and the little bonus of the crates would be a nice bonus.

Raising the sub cost would be a bad move for several reasons. It would put them higher than the industry standard, and this particular community already feels like ESO is an expensive game and that all ZOS does is money grab. It would not go over well at all. (not that this is necessarily my feeling towards ZOS monetization but that is the general feeling here)

On top of that, many ESO perks are losing value over time. Increased xp, increased gold, continues to get less and less valuable the longer you play. Increasing the cost would be a bad move.

As for the crates being included with plus idea specifically, I am indifferent.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everything that adds value to ESO plus is a good idea, i think. I´m not a suscriber myself, but i respect the people who suscribe, and think they should have proper rewards.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'd drop my sub immediately if they raised the price and included crates.

I'm one of the people who really wish ESO was still sub only. I don't mind paying the sub. I don't mind buying extra crowns if there are items/mounts in the crown store I want.

But I won't pay extra for the chance to maybe get an item I want, and be forced to take possibly dozens of items I don't want and wouldn't buy in the first place. If there is an item that I am really interested in getting, I don't want to spend hundreds [if not a thousand] of dollars attempting to get it, with no guarantee of actually getting it.

Before someone says, "You can get gems and buy the item you want.", no, not anymore. The new round of crates has super uber rare ones that CAN NOT be bought with gems. Even the some of the people who enthusiastically supported the crates before have gotten rather annoyed about it. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/365819/im-disappointed-zos-rare-mounts/p1
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    @Jkorr you would drop immediately? Im betting not, not after saying you gladly spend all this money as is. I think to many people are addicted to the perks, the craft bag and the DLC's, alts addiction needing the EXP bonus... I think they COULD get away with the raising the sub price IF they give a bunch back in return. Such as keeping with the 1k crowns per 1 buck of sub price, and getting Boxes.

The price is going to go up, inflation, DLC getting added so forth and so on at some point they will go up. People will *** sure, some will fall on their sword. Vast majority will stay put, and as many will be happy for the new "value" (assuming increased crowns AND crates).

Of course this is pure speculation... If i lived in Christmas land id have all the exclusive mounts and would be in charge of all the marketing and everything would be free....

• GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    I think permanent 50% off for ESO+ in crown shop would be a better way, combined with 1 year sub.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This idea is pleasing. I approve.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    Would be good PR too. People loved when you gave us our 4 free crate a while back during that event.
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    GrimClaw wrote: »
    I think permanent 50% off for ESO+ in crown shop would be a better way, combined with 1 year sub.

lol it would be nice but, I don't think ZOS would be willing to play ball with that one.
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭

Bumping the price would be a bad idea. People wouldn't see it as a benefit. Your essentially making people pay for something they didn't want at that point.

If they gave us a free crate a month for reoccurring subscribers. I think people would be more likely to buy crates as they get close to things they want, and it would also create more incentives to switch to plus.

Also, from a business side if you give people just a few crown gems (which they will get from there free boxes). I think they will have way more incentive to buy boxes as they approach higher tier items they really want.

I think overall it would make the crown gem store more plausible for players to actually get there desired collectibles.
    Edited by TaintedKurse on September 5, 2017 9:45PM
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    +1
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    alright let's step back and look at what ESO+ gives us as subscribers...

1: 1500 crowns a month
    2: Increased XP and gold gain.
    3: Crafting bag access
    4: Increased Bank Space
    5:Increased deco space.
    6: Acess to the DLC

to be blunt ESO's deal from a subscrioption POV is, compared to other MMOs, damned impressive. to people who say the value isn't that good.... I don't think any further additions are going to suddenly enchourage them.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alright let's step back and look at what ESO+ gives us as subscribers...

1: 1500 crowns a month
    2: Increased XP and gold gain.
    3: Crafting bag access
    4: Increased Bank Space
    5:Increased deco space.
    6: Acess to the DLC

to be blunt ESO's deal from a subscrioption POV is, compared to other MMOs, damned impressive. to people who say the value isn't that good.... I don't think any further additions are going to suddenly enchourage them.

It seems impressive, until you break down some of the most common complaints around here:

1) Crown item prices have inflated a lot, and while the values are arguably inconsistent, they're still inconsistently high. So in the grand scheme of things, unless you want crown food/potions/poisons or minor cosmetics, 1500 isn't a lot to spend anymore.

2) The higher in level you get, the less important this is. XP scrolls, food, and seasonal goodies also increase the XP gain. Not sure about gold, but farming dungeons for an hour works fine. This isn't really worth it.

3) This is the most valuable thing to come from being a subscriber. Wish you could put furniture in there, though.

4) With the crafting bag, most people don't need a lot of extra bank and bag space. I guess that's why they didn't put furniture in the craft bag.

5) There's not enough deco space even with the subscription, and for a lot of people, an unfinished house is an unfulfilling house, no matter how many spaces they've got to utilize. Until they increase the cap by alot, this also isn't very much worth it.

6) Word on the street is that most people willing to sub are also willing to outright buy the DLC in case they decide to stop subbing, which pretty much defeats the purpose. And folks are still salty about that Morrowind "Chapter/Expansion" thing where it didn't count as free for subscribers.

Really, you don't get a lot. Personally, I really only subscribe for the extra coins (I still have to buy more to afford anything) and the ability to redye costumes on the fly. Benefits could also include an increase in the "free" crowns; bonus crates, or crates with better rewards guaranteed; bonus crown gems, or better gem conversion rates; priority server space; special dyes; and the return of loyalty rewards in the form of unique pets, costumes, mounts, crafting motif styles, and houses. Among other quality of life updates that everyone's been waiting for. I'm sure they'll consider throwing the transmog system under "subscriber/member only," and probably the ability to dye weapons, if only because they see the dollar signs.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they just increased the number of crowns we get each month.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of ESO Plus as a privileged club. You want something other players do not get. You want something exclusive. The craft bag, for example. A crown crate is nothing special. It's something anyone can get and it's kinda cheap per se.

With the ESO Plus initiative, Zenimax wants to build a strong stream of cash coming in every month, which no longer gets from the game itself (it is no longer a subscription game). They need to offer you rewards that make you want to 1. subscribe and 2. stay.

I think that a more viable option would be something like this: the longer you keep your subscription up, the better rewards you get. Rewards should not break the game, so that we are discussing vanity here: furnishing, costumes, polymorphs, pets.

Would you subscribe for three months if you had a crate/month?
    Would you subscribe for three months if you had a unique hairstyle and costume?
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If we ask for a free crate for plus, the next thing Zos will try to scam us with is crates INSTEAD of the crown stipend.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If we ask for a free crate for plus, the next thing Zos will try to scam us with is crates INSTEAD of the crown stipend.

I doubt it, they would just loose a ton of subs.
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    Think of ESO Plus as a privileged club. You want something other players do not get. You want something exclusive. The craft bag, for example. A crown crate is nothing special. It's something anyone can get and it's kinda cheap per se.

With the ESO Plus initiative, Zenimax wants to build a strong stream of cash coming in every month, which no longer gets from the game itself (it is no longer a subscription game). They need to offer you rewards that make you want to 1. subscribe and 2. stay.

I think that a more viable option would be something like this: the longer you keep your subscription up, the better rewards you get. Rewards should not break the game, so that we are discussing vanity here: furnishing, costumes, polymorphs, pets.

Would you subscribe for three months if you had a crate/month?
    Would you subscribe for three months if you had a unique hairstyle and costume?

Sounds like your almost talking about the plus rewards program. Which I honestly would like to see a come back. I loved getting free pets for reoccurring subs.

However, as for the reoccurring sub bonuses. I think crown crates would be a good way to keep people subbed.

Like the second month you sub, and every month after that's reoccurring you get a free crate.

Also they could do promotions where they offer like 1-2 free crates to initially sub to entice people.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm THIS close to subscribing. Maybe something like that would make me take the step.
    Already spent $24 on the crown
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I DO NOT want this! Why? Because it's not a good value to me. First, I don't buy crates, second, you could very well end up with junk. So, it ends up being a really crap perk most of the time. Basically, it's giving us free Crown consumable crap with the rare chance to get anything we MIGHT want.

Yeah...I opened the free crates they gave us and got a couple of good things, but mostly crap. Now, if this was something they offered once in a while, as some sort of promotional bonus, like they did this first time, then ok.

Or, if it's something they just add, but it isn't designed to replace anything (such as the reduction in included DLC/year), then maybe. But, at the end of the day, it's still a pretty crap perk. Only those who buys lots of crates would want or even benefit from this. Those of use who don't participate in the system aren't going to start just 'cuz we get a free crate each month. Heck, they gave me 6 (MW pre-order, and recent promotion) and I still have ZERO desire to gamble with my money.
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I DO NOT want this! Why? Because it's not a good value to me. First, I don't buy crates, second, you could very well end up with junk. So, it ends up being a really crap perk most of the time. Basically, it's giving us free Crown consumable crap with the rare chance to get anything we MIGHT want.

Yeah...I opened the free crates they gave us and got a couple of good things, but mostly crap. Now, if this was something they offered once in a while, as some sort of promotional bonus, like they did this first time, then ok.

Or, if it's something they just add, but it isn't designed to replace anything (such as the reduction in included DLC/year), then maybe. But, at the end of the day, it's still a pretty crap perk. Only those who buys lots of crates would want or even benefit from this. Those of use who don't participate in the system aren't going to start just 'cuz we get a free crate each month. Heck, they gave me 6 (MW pre-order, and recent promotion) and I still have ZERO desire to gamble with my money.

I was suggesting they add a single crown crate as a reward for reoccurring subscribers and as promotion for new ones.

Was never suggesting for anything to be replaced. Just thought it would be a beneficial thing to add to increase crown crate sales and encourage people to buy plus.

I wouldn't mind having a free shot at some cool mounts once a month as an extra reward for being a subscriber. I think it would help convince those people who are on the fence about buying plus. Also would allow people to actually accrue some gems that buying items with crown gems is feasible.

Like you said, most of the time we get junk anyways. Wouldn't be much cost to ZOS, and if I had more gems I might consider buying more crates.
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    Also in my opinion it would be a good replacement for the rewards program.

A long time ago plus subscribers use to get a free cosmetic item once every 3 months.

It was something we lost as subscribers a long time ago that I and many others enjoyed.

If we got free crates we would still be getting a chance at limited cosmetic items, and I think it would make it so the items in the boxes actually get a little more use. So more people can enjoy them as they were intended.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not opposed to the idea, but i'm not sold on the theory that it would increase subs or crate sales. I think it's very unlikely that anyone currently not interested in subscribing (self included) would decide to if a monthly crate was added. And I think the people inclined to buy crates already are, and that 1 monthly sub crate isn't likely to sway anyone to buy more.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche