The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I. just. want. deathmatch.

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I might be the only person that also doesn't mind domination

yup.

It's all I've been getting lately and it's making me seriously consider quitting BGs altogether and stick to Cyro. I got 3 dominations in a row, and then a CTR and then Chaosball. That's just today, yesterday I may have gotten 1-2 deathmatches in total. I'm playing PvP to kill people, not to capture relics and flags and such.

Those modes are fun in small doses, which is why we need to implement a system to queue by deathmatch vs objective game types.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Domination is fun
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I might be the only person that also doesn't mind domination. I always manage to find the fights I'm looking for in domination even when I'm solo.

CTR you can force fights but that requires coordination and teamwork, something a lot of pugs won't pull off.

This
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch is for the CoD kids.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

No, no it's not.

It's sounding like you're not aware that the vast majority of the playerbase prefers deathmatch over the other game types.

The vast majority of skilled players prefer deathmatch.

Really the only players that don't like deathmatch are baddies. sorry

The other game types are just soooo stupid
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

No, no it's not.

It's sounding like you're not aware that the vast majority of the playerbase prefers deathmatch over the other game types.

Saying someone is bad because they don't like something is silly lol if we're being honest here, if someone is skilled they'll perform well in all modes.

The difference between people not wanting to play objectives is like the difference between COD & Battlefield.

To go further if the other modes had all premade teams it would be more skill to them because you'd have to put more thought & strategy into a match than you would put in a simple deathmatch.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped liking capture the relic after having to go against Pre makes using a dk tank and a guardplar straight up [snip]

[Edit to remove derogatory term.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 27, 2017 11:40PM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    I stopped liking capture the relic after having to go against Pre makes using a dk tank and a guardplar straight up [snip]

Tanks in general are kind of [snip] in BGs, take most of the fun out of it. The fact that most of the time you are playing objective games takes any remaining fun out of it.

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 27, 2017 11:40PM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

Tanks in general are kind of [snip] in BGs, take most of the fun out of it. The fact that most of the time you are playing objective games takes any remaining fun out of it.

Yeah I don't understand people you would think they want some competition but they just want the easy win like you are already a premade against pugs is a tank and guard play really necessary, I would understand if more competitive premades played but no most people are solo or duo in bgs
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 27, 2017 11:43PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, no it's not.

Saying someone is bad because they don't like something is silly lol if we're being honest here, if someone is skilled they'll perform well in all modes.

The difference between people not wanting to play objectives is like the difference between COD & Battlefield.

To go further if the other modes had all premade teams it would be more skill to them because you'd have to put more thought & strategy into a match than you would put in a simple deathmatch.

Cod / bf analogy is funny, im actually glad someone brought it since its such a laughably bad one.

Those that largely favor tdm or players that want to have the utmost uptime in player vs player where individual performance carries actual weight and where weaker players are more clearly exposed. This is what pvpers wanted in bgs, quick intimate encounters where individual skill is not lost in a sea of laggy cyrodil garbage. Not 3 way party game gimmicks.

Your comparison suggests an underlying mockery of what is ostensibly childeren / bro cod vs the thinking mans BF. Let me twist this for a second. From my eyes, and as someone who largely feels both of these franchises are commercial cash grab mediocrities, you can easily have the argument that cod is fast and with an emphasis on quick reflexes map knowledge coordination, basically a stepping stone to CS if you will, whereas BF is for those that are easily immersed in the spectacle of large scale combat. The game where any *** can jump in a tank and blow up buildings while shouting to his team that he is helping. Its not a thinking mans game, its a shooting game playground where all are welcome and little responsibility is evet exclusively on each and every player on a team. The real analogy here is BF is to cyrdoil where bgs were hoping to be to cod.

There is no deep strategic depth to these, no one should should try to instill any here.
    Edited by exeeter702 on September 17, 2017 4:04AM
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped liking capture the relic after having to go against Pre makes using a dk tank and a guardplar straight up cancer

just CTR? I play only pre made BG, and have to say, that it's so easy mode to the point when it's getting boring. Every mode is *** for other teams. The only challenge is to get against good pre made group from no-cp PVP, but happens pretty rare.

Speaking about choose the mode – no. Because it will make certain builds for every mode, and most likely will leave modes like CTR empty. Everyone will stay on DM. However, the most win easy way is more or less the same – tanky DK+ healbot, stam NB and mag sorc.
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Death match only
    Solo queue only

I'll play BGs again then.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Death match only
    Solo queue only

I'll play BGs again then.

I am 100% in the same boat as you

I prefer solo queue and deathmatch only.

I just like to go around and fight people. That's where BGs was supposed to deliver, but instead just faceplanted miserably. Can't say it comes as a surprise, though.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is so clueless. Give us CP and No-CP options and let us CHOOSE the game mode, and I guarantee the BG population will explode.

yeah... the management of this game just boggles the mind.

It's like they're TRYING to do a bad job. BGs was just so sloppily implemented. Missing the most basic of features.

And it just leaves everyone pissed. I'm pissed like 40% of the time playing BGs because I hate domination, hate CTF most of the time, Chaos ball just comes down to whoever has a warden tank on their team is going to win.

I want to fight people and actually play PvP, BGs gives us a nice small-scale focused environment to do that in, and then they literally make it so it's NOT optimal to even fight other players (domination).

And then they add chaosball which nobody really wanted, we just want deathmatch which is already there but you never get it. And I have heard they're adding yet another objective game into the random mix, honestly if it continues on this path I can definitely see myself quitting the mode altogether and sticking strictly to open world.

No kidding.If I wanted to run around in circles I could do that in real life.Add a whole bunch of stupid ass modes to water down the pool.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    ecru wrote: »
    ZOS is so clueless. Give us CP and No-CP options and let us CHOOSE the game mode, and I guarantee the BG population will explode.

all of the problems you have with bg's are solved by two teams instead of three. domination becomes pvp focused because you only have one other team to fight over a flag, as does ctf. there's no one in a third team going behind your back capping a flag to win/end the match.

but hey i mean maybe we should play soccer in a circular field with two balls and three teams, it's different so it has to be better right? lmao.
    Three teams are a soft counter to premade groups. If only tho players would understand this and tried to focus the dominating team, instead of constantly picking random fights. You'd think that by now this would be common occurrence, but nope.

Actually no it isnt, its a recipe that ansures bgs will allways be a random *** and to assure the devs hands are washed clean whenever tries to present an argument for competitive instanced pvp.

The only true counter balance to premades is reliant on a high population of players partaking in said bgs thus keeping queue times within reason and sorting players appropriately. That solution can not work in eso due to how little the population for instanced pvp is to begin with. People complain about wanting choice but they dont want to wait in queus for upwards of an hour which is exactly what will happen when you let players hand pick which game mode they want to play, and the said people just so happen to enjoy an unpopular game mode. Then on top of that, you would suggest to seperare cp and no cp into separate catagory which will butcher queue times even more.

The ONLY mmo where that level of freedom for bgs worked was WoW due to shear population and server structure.

The only real answer to premade vs pug / queue time / nonsense objectives was to push bgs as a 2 team endeavor of 8v8 with ctf and 3 point domination where the maximum alloted premade group allowed to queue would be 4 man parties. This way, you end up with a 4 man premade more often than not having to work with 4 pugs or a couple 2man queus. This dynamic would still favor organized 4 mans to semi carry a bad pug but not have it heavily stacked since there is enough variables between 8 players. At worst you would have 2 premades of 4 man groups vs a premade of 4 and a couple pugs which is hardly a garunteed loss.

Instead we have this current nonsense and i dont imaginr we will ever see 2 team bgs despite swearing i heard wheeler mention long ago that other team formats were in the pipeline.

then delete the 3 other modes
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soll wrote: »
    I stopped liking capture the relic after having to go against Pre makes using a dk tank and a guardplar straight up cancer

just CTR? I play only pre made BG, and have to say, that it's so easy mode to the point when it's getting boring. Every mode is *** for other teams. The only challenge is to get against good pre made group from no-cp PVP, but happens pretty rare.

Speaking about choose the mode – no. Because it will make certain builds for every mode, and most likely will leave modes like CTR empty. Everyone will stay on DM. However, the most win easy way is more or less the same – tanky DK+ healbot, stam NB and mag sorc.

I don't think anybody cares if the other *** modes are empty.Let them be.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, no it's not.

Actually not, my entire build is to kill people and thats it, it doesnt work for running fast from point A to point B (CTR and Domination), neither tanking the ball in Chaos Ball. I play every single mode like it was Deathmatch because thats what I build for, just to keep killing people and have huge killing sprees...

Look at this Chaos Ball for example:

33563D6A244B04DB906EB9958CDF752FF5037CD9

I dont care if you build for playing the objective and tanking the ball (in this case), I just want to kill everyone I see...

Look another Chaos Ball (this time I played the objective):

21F5279FA34FAB47F2E1E03DFBDC3B2B370C1DF4

But me and my friends, we only like DM and thats what we build for...
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

No, no it's not.

Actually not, my entire build is to kill people and thats it, it doesnt work for running fast from point A to point B (CTR and Domination), neither tanking the ball in Chaos Ball. I play every single mode like it was Deathmatch because thats what I build for, just to keep killing people and have huge killing sprees...

I dont care if you build for playing the objective and tanking the ball (in this case), I just want to kill everyone I see...

I don’t build for any specific mode and I do well in them all so yeah.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, no it's not.

Probably you and me have different definitions about what ''doing well'' means...

For me ''doing well'' in CTR is someone who is playing with Coward's Gear Set + Jailbreaker Set, so he can capture relics and travel to points in less than 5 seconds (have a friend who play like this, 3 of us defend and he capture relics alone, we won every CTR in less than 2 minutes).

''Doing well'' in Chaos Ball is someone who can tank the ball and take the oblivion dmg until the team make at least 350 score (have a friend who can tank the ball from 0 to 500 if we protect him, he is not going to die from the oblivion dmg of the ball).

''Doing well'' in Deathmatch is someone who can get at least arround 25 kills average (Me and most of my pre-mades).

So for my definition of ''doing well'' I understand you are telling me you can do this in every single game mode you play using exactly the same build?...
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, no it's not.

Probably you and me have different definitions about what ''doing well'' means...

For me ''doing well'' in CTR is someone who is playing with Coward's Gear Set + Jailbreaker Set, so he can capture relics and travel to points in less than 5 seconds (have a friend who play like this, 3 of us defend and he capture relics alone, we won every CTR in less than 2 minutes).

''Doing well'' in Chaos Ball is someone who can tank the ball and take the oblivion dmg until the team make at least 350 score (have a friend who can tank the ball from 0 to 500 if we protect him, he is not going to die from the oblivion dmg of the ball).

''Doing well'' in Deathmatch is someone who can get at least arround 25 kills average (Me and most of my pre-mades).

So for my definition of ''doing well'' I understand you are telling me you can do this in every single game mode you play using exactly the same build?...

think his definition of well may be your definition of above average.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just like death match and Domination. CTF is stupid because there are 3 teams instead of 2. Chaos ball is stupid just because IDK what the bloody hell I'm doing other than shoot the guy with the ball. I don't even wanna touch Crazy King
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info