The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Race change: will it reset my racial skills?

FoolishHuman
FoolishHuman
✭✭✭✭✭
I know that curing yourself of vampirism will just leave the skillpoints in from the tree inaccesable if you do not reset them before you cure yourself. Is it the same with racial skills if you use a race change from the crown shop?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you get them back
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm.pretty sure if it's a race change all your skill points stay where they are. For instance, if your Breton skills are maxed out and spent, when you become an Argonian all your racials are still maxed out and spent.

A reset scroll gives ALL your skill points back including the race ones. Vampirism and Lycanthropy are the exceptions.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on August 24, 2017 3:52PM
    PC EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When one does a race change the race passive skill points are refunded and only those points. (Make sure to place points into a he new passives.

Of note for crafting, the character still knows it's original racial style and does NOT learn the new racial style automatically.