The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

*CAUTION* PS4 UK players - 5500 Crown pack not at sale price advertised.

peda
peda
✭✭✭
This needs more exposure. It's simply not fair to offer 29% so exclusively PS4 UK players when
1) Xbox and PC players get 40% discount.
2) 40% discount on crowns is still being advertised to PS4 users in the UK on the PSN store banner and on teh official ESO Buy Crowns webpage.
3) PS4 players have always received the same 40% discount in crown sales every time it's been offered. This change comes with no reason or excuse.

If anyone is thinking of getting crowns on PS4 through the UK PSN today, hold off until ZOS fixes this issue with Sony. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom has confirmed that the EU ZOS staff and Sony are still circling communications about the issue, so it could be fixed soon and players who paid for 29% deal might be paying too much.
AD Nightblade - EP Sorcerer - DC Warden
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saev-dat-money.gif?w=620&h=348&crop=1
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, I posted this in General discussion to warn UK PS4 users to not throw away money on the 29% error when they're being advertised 40%! It's not fair to hide this in the Crown Store & ESO Plus board where fewer of these unfortunate players will see it!

Trying to help the community here so please move it back to General!
  • montyake
    montyake
    ✭✭
    peda wrote: »
    This needs more exposure. It's simply not fair to offer 29% so exclusively PS4 UK players when
    1) Xbox and PC players get 40% discount.
    2) 40% discount on crowns is still being advertised to PS4 users in the UK on the PSN store banner and on teh official ESO Buy Crowns webpage.
    3) PS4 players have always received the same 40% discount in crown sales every time it's been offered. This change comes with no reason or excuse.

If anyone is thinking of getting crowns on PS4 through the UK PSN today, hold off until ZOS fixes this issue with Sony. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom has confirmed that the EU ZOS staff and Sony are still circling communications about the issue, so it could be fixed soon and players who paid for 29% deal might be paying too much.

Please treat us all equally ZOS? We will be boycotting this sale unless we are offered the same discount, and those who unfortunately purchased at 29% off are compensated or reimbursed the difference.
    Professional S'wit
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too have tried to post in general discussion but have posts either moved or they are 'lost'.

It's almost like they don't want people to know......
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is why this isn't one of the header announcements.

"We are looking into a pricing issue with the EU PS4 crown sale"

Considering the potential for bad feeling / rage it only makes sense.
    EU PS4
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On a tangent here; I used to play on Xbone and iirc crowns were more expensive on LIVE than on both PC and PS4. How much are the crowns currently on LIVE compared to PSN? I get the feeling that even with the 40% discount compared to the 29% we're only getting that they're paying around the same now.

Don't take all that as I'm justifying the 29%, as I'm not. It's a shite move from ZoS and something which should be rectified. I won't be buying them at 11% over what was advertised. They can shove them.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on August 24, 2017 5:43PM
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    @Prof_Bawbag
    40% off the overpriced Live store crowns are just over £19.
    29% off the standard PSN 5500 crowns is about £17.

So yeah, PS4 still comes out on top here, with PC flying into the lead with 40% off the standard price at somewhere near £14.40.

But as you say, it's the principle of the thing. 40% was advertised, and we weren't told that the UK would get a different deal to everywhere else, it's a terrible thing to pull on your loyal customers. Really don't want to pay, but definitely will when they honor their advertisement. In every crown sale I've seen, we UK PS4 players have had 40% off the 5500 crown pack.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    peda wrote: »
    @Prof_Bawbag
    40% off the overpriced Live store crowns are just over £19.
    29% off the standard PSN 5500 crowns is about £17.

So yeah, PS4 still comes out on top here, with PC flying into the lead with 40% off the standard price at somewhere near £14.40.

But as you say, it's the principle of the thing. 40% was advertised, and we weren't told that the UK would get a different deal to everywhere else, it's a terrible thing to pull on your loyal customers. Really don't want to pay, but definitely will when they honor their advertisement. In every crown sale I've seen, we UK PS4 players have had 40% off the 5500 crown pack.

Appreciated going to that effort. I think ESO+ subs are cheaper on Xbox to make up for the more expensive crowns. No idea why the prices are all over the place other than maybe MS get a larger cut than what Sony take.
  • jadec22
    jadec22
    Soul Shriven
    They've posted a response to this in another forum post.. basically we won't be getting any further discounts as the price is now correct. (Still confused why this particular crown sale is different to the others regarding pricing!)
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, ZOS (although continuing to advertise 40% on the login screen) washed their hands of the issue, saying that the price on the PlayStation Store was not under the control of the developer OR publisher, but the store itself i.e. Sony.