The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Azura pack - Review

Malacthulhu
Malacthulhu
✭✭✭✭
I think 4k crowns is steep for this pack especially, if people are not aware that a lot of it can be gathered in game. The statue of Azura actually looks really cool and there are a lot of options for people big on housing and decorating however 4k crowns feels a bit steep to me for a statue.
Xbox One Na
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly! I was so incredibly disappointed when I saw the items in this pack. So many of them can be crafted in game.

Ridiculous price for what is included. The Vivec pack had much more value IMO.

Edit: Oh, and the banners are tired. I am sick of the red banners all looking exactly the same. :( The Vivec pack had unique tapestries, and the pool. Oh and the unique braziers!
    Edited by Livvy on August 24, 2017 3:22PM
    ->--Willow--<-
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4k for the statues, 2 tapestrys, and 1 banner. None of these are available in CS normally.

I do wish there was a second banner, I can't justify paying 4k for another pack.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on August 24, 2017 3:08PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...when I saw the picture when it was first announced, I saw the Daedric benches, urns, candles, and platform that we can already craft in game - all those plans are so cheap now too!

There appears to also be a book? Is that unique from what you can get in-game from the mystic? Also, the brazier may be different?

Even so, it's about 7 or 8 unique pieces, where all the pieces (about 14 in total) were unique in the Vivec pack.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the book is available in-game. And if so, not in that binding.

I don't know about the Brazier, I haven't seen a plan for it yet, but I"m not farming Daedric plans either. Warning, it is SUPER bright.

Vivec's pack was 5k not 4k. So no, ZOS isn't trying to scam you. Plus, there is a Vivec statue available in game, and that furniture was fugly.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, the Vivec pack was 4K - I bought it.

EDIT: Also, I think the statue available in game is different from the one in the pack, so all the pieces in the Vivec pack were unobtainable elsewhere.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 24, 2017 4:09PM
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Exactly, was just about to post this.

->--Willow--<-
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »

Ok yay.

The banners and rugs are available in-game, I can make them. So whatever, yes, yes, blahblah.

Look, if you don't like the price, don't buy it. I personally have wanted this FOREVER and it will be my only chance it get it.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »

Ok yay.

The banners and rugs are available in-game, I can make them. So whatever, yes, yes, blahblah.

Look, if you don't like the price, don't buy it. I personally have wanted this FOREVER and it will be my only chance it get it.

This is to review the price and worth of buying it and basically what you said was covered in the original post. If you do not like discussing it, then simple don't post lol ;)
    Edited by Malacthulhu on August 25, 2017 2:02AM
    Xbox One Na
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really love this pack.
    Azura, being my favorite Daedra, was overdue for nice furniture.

Ever since I saw that statue in the Vvaardenfell quest, I wanted it. It does look amazing. Banner and tapestry are not spectacularily unique, but they are nice and fit. The brazier is amazing and versatile. And I didn't expect a Moonshadow shard there, these things are really nice and rare.

I could live without the craftable daedric stuff, but whatever. 4k crowns are a lot, but... it's crown sale. So it's more like twenty bucks, which is the price of a limited costume or mount. That is very fair for what you get.

I bought two, no regrets.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a pity. 90% of this pack can be built. Still, the status plus star and moon are lovely. Not 4000 crows lovely, tho.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a pity. 90% of this pack can be built. Still, the status plus star and moon are lovely. Not 4000 crows lovely, tho.

Exactly
    Xbox One Na
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    To steep, should of been more like 2000 crowns
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    There should be nothing in crown store you cant craft ingame. Crown store should stay a shortcut for working people but not split the playerbase in rich and poor.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    GrimClaw wrote: »
    There should be nothing in crown store you cant craft ingame. Crown store should stay a shortcut for working people but not split the playerbase in rich and poor.

I disagree, this is housing stuff and there is a plethora of craftables. The only exception where I would agree with you is in regards to something in the crown store that gives a player an edge they cannot normally get in regular game play. However, it is the difference in opinions and I see where you are coming from and for sure in the long run there is a risk of it getting carried away.
    Xbox One Na
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't wanna know how many crowns I dumped into wild hunt crates to get my Hircine garb.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA