Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latest Patch - BiS Stam DK?

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
Hi all,

What are your thoughts for the BiS (or close to as there may be a few variations) for Stam DK's?

Checking Alcast's website and the build there, he has looked into 5x twice fang, 5x hundings(?) and 2x Velidreth / Mephala?

Do you guys think this is the best approach? Would 5x NMG be better? What about War Machine?

Thanks,
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One great thing about this patch is that there is no way to answer your question in a vacuum.

TFS and NMG is pretty much BiS if you are the only stam DPS in your group. You're going to benefit highly from all that physical penetration.

But it's increasingly rare to have only one stam DPS in a raid. (Hurrah!) If someone else is running TFS + NMG, then you should probably run TFS + Hunding's. Unless there are more than just the two of you; then one of you can run Sunderflame, or Alkosh (unless one of your tanks is wearing it), or maybe one of you has a low-cost ult like Incap or Crescent Sweep, and then they can run War Machine.

As to monster set, again that depends. I love Mephala because it feels fresh and new compared to boring old nasty Velidreth, but both are excellent. If you're fighting Valariel or another solo boss, Selene is great.

There isn't really one single setup a stam DK should run in all situations. I personally carry around both Hunding's and NMG on my stamplar (to pair with my TFS, which I never take off), to change out depending on who else is in the group.
    Edited by casparian on August 24, 2017 1:39PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    That is a great response; I had thought this to be the case regarding NMG/Hundings but it is great to get a more in-depth answer here. Thanks alot, I just need a few more bits TFS... As my time is limited it is hard for me to run VSO with a decent group in order to get purple/gold jewerly so I am stuck with blue quality :(

Otherwise, I'll get on to crafting NMG set as I already own Hundings..

Also, Mundus Stone? Warrior is good now?

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is a great response; I had thought this to be the case regarding NMG/Hundings but it is great to get a more in-depth answer here. Thanks alot, I just need a few more bits TFS... As my time is limited it is hard for me to run VSO with a decent group in order to get purple/gold jewerly so I am stuck with blue quality :(

I'm stuck with a couple blue pieces, too, but I still pull 30k+ single-target (without a Maelstrom bow). Stamina is that good this patch. :) And definitely run Warrior.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Also, weapons would using 2 daggers be the way to go now? One precise & weapon damage glyph and the other infused with poison glyph?

Is it personal preference?

Also is Maelstrom Bow precise OK? I've seen that infused/nirn may be "best" but will the precise bow still be good or is it better to use a random Infused bow with weapon glyph or something like that?

I'm not looking for extreme min/max so if the Maelstrom Bow Precise is decent enough than that is good enough for me.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

I'm stuck with a couple blue pieces, too, but I still pull 30k+ single-target (without a Maelstrom bow). Stamina is that good this patch. :) And definitely run Warrior.

Nice, thats great to know. I have the necklace of twice fang so I just need 2 rings... sucks because I know I had them before but sold them as I was focused on getting 5x body armor... Until I understood this patch... damn.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, weapons would using 2 daggers be the way to go now? One precise & weapon damage glyph and the other infused with poison glyph?

Also is Maelstrom Bow precise OK? I've seen that infused/nirn may be "best" but will the precise bow still be good or is it better to use a random Infused bow with weapon glyph or something like that?

I'm not looking for extreme min/max so if the Maelstrom Bow Precise is decent enough than that is good enough for me.

Infused Maelstrom bow is better than Precise/Nirnhoned by a very small amount. If I got a Precise Maelstrom bow, I would gold it out and tell vMA thank you very much and have a nice life.

I use two daggers; infused main hand (poison glyph) and precise off-hand (weapon damage glyph). I think this is pretty much the meta setup, though some still use axe-dagger and get good results. I just think double-daggers looks better B)
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭

Infused Maelstrom bow is better than Precise/Nirnhoned by a very small amount. If I got a Precise Maelstrom bow, I would gold it out and tell vMA thank you very much and have a nice life.

I use two daggers; infused main hand (poison glyph) and precise off-hand (weapon damage glyph). I think this is pretty much the meta setup, though some still use axe-dagger and get good results. I just think double-daggers looks better B)

Well yeah, the runs I did in vMA did net me a cheeky precise Maelstrom Bow so that is good to know; I golded it out instantly haha because it was the only one I got...

I hope you get one soon! :persevere:

So why would precise off-hand be good? Not sharpened? Not nirn?

Thanks for the help man , very useful information!

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well yeah, the runs I did in vMA did net me a cheeky precise Maelstrom Bow so that is good to know; I golded it out instantly haha because it was the only one I got...

I hope you get one soon! :persevere:

So why would precise off-hand be good? Not sharpened? Not nirn?

Thanks for the help man , very useful information!

Nirn is not so great off-hand because the off-hand weapon's base damage doesn't contribute its full amount to your overall weapon damage. So the mileage you would get out of an off-hand Nirn weapon is only a fraction of what you would get from a main-hand Nirn weapon. But Infused is too good not to use it on your main hand.

Sharpened off-hand would be great in situations where you don't have full or high penetration. But in most situations, between NMG, TFS, and my CP, I have plenty of penetration as long as the tank is doing a halfway decent job.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Ok well thanks for clearing this up for me. Really appreciate it :) Hopefully this helps others too.

My main was always the Stam DK until the last couple of patches where I started using a mag sorc and then a healer... It's nice to see the stam builds getting some love now!

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Update here - I now have necklace, 2 rings and the body pieces for TFS along with having a friend craft the 2 daggers (infused and precise) for NMG.

So hopefully now when I craft the remaining pieces this should be a decent setup and I can carry on improving the items from there.

There are a couple of pieces I could do with upgrading but I have done quite a few runs of CoS and only found infused and I've used so many undaunted keys and can only find light/heavy shoulders velidreth in Divines, nothing medium.

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard