The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Alchemy writ - Create Drain Health Poison X

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to complete an alchemy writ I've never made before - Create Drain Health Poison X - and I simply cannot find the ingredients to do it.

I can make DAMAGE health poisons X no prtoblem but not DRAIN. Anyone care to share the recipe please?
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drain health is the opposite effect to restore health so select ingredients that have this effect but use Alkahest instead of Lorkhan Tears.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check butterfly wings and scrib jelly. I know butterfly have healing and I use those for my drain health poisons. Can't remember the other stuff
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    I'm trying to complete an alchemy writ I've never made before - Create Drain Health Poison X - and I simply cannot find the ingredients to do it.

I can make DAMAGE health poisons X no prtoblem but not DRAIN. Anyone care to share the recipe please?

use alkesht fat and restore health traits and you get "drain health" poison.

so columbine and luminous for one example
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's Columbine, Lady Smock and Mountain Flower, but with Alkahest instead of the Tears. I had to figure this out yesterday for myself too.. I wish they had have made us use the actual poison materials instead of more of the stuff we actually need for our more expensive potions or master writs.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    It's Columbine, Lady Smock and Mountain Flower, but with Alkahest instead of the Tears. I had to figure this out yesterday for myself too.. I wish they had have made us use the actual poison materials instead of more of the stuff we actually need for our more expensive potions or master writs.
    Thanks for that, the UESP Alchemy Calculator gives that as a Damage Health Poison instead of Drain Health.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Reclaire
    Reclaire
    this threw me too. use alkahest with restore ingredients to get drain poison
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, the UESP Alchemy Calculator gives that as a Damage Health Poison instead of Drain Health.

The potion name on the calculator is sometimes incorrect but it still gives the correct potion/poison information based on the selected reagents. We haven't figured out how the game decides how to name a potion all of the time.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    I use Alkahest - beetle scuttle, butterfly wings and mountain flower to make a Drain Health Poison potion.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar issue but with stamina - can make DRAIN stamina using alkahest but not damage stamina.

weird
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    I use Alkahest, Fleshfly, Beetle Scuttle and Imp stool to make a Damage Stamina Poison IX
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latonia wrote: »
    I use Alkahest, Fleshfly, Beetle Scuttle and Imp stool to make a Damage Stamina Poison IX

Thank you Latonia! :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    From what I understand, as a general rule:
    "Drain" = "Restore" poisons
    "Damage" = "Ravage" poisons

So, AFAIK, it should be Alkahest + two of the following:

Drain Health: Blue Entoloma, Bugloss, Butterfly Wing, Columbine, Luminous Russula, Mountain Flower, Water Hyacinth
    Drain Magicka: Bugloss, Columbine, Corn Flower, Lady's Smock
    Drain Stamina: Blessed Thistle, Columbine, Dragonthorn, Mountain Flower

Damage Health: Blessed Thistle, Corn Flower, Emetic Russula, Nightshade, Nirnroot, Stinkhorn, Violet Coprinus
    Damage Magicka: Blue Entoloma, Emetic Russula, Scrib Jelly, Violet Coprinus, White Cap
    Damage Stamina: Emetic Russula, Fleshfly Larva, Imp Stool, Luminous Russula, Stinkhorn

Just check the name, of course, as if the two you pick share other traits, it will possibly name it after the other effect.

I'm on X1/NA and we're currently in Maintenance, so I can't test exactly which ones will work at the moment. I can update this when I can.
    Edited by DiteHart on September 13, 2017 10:47AM
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DiteHart wrote: »

So, AFAIK, it should be Alkahest + two of the following:

Drain Health: Blue Entoloma, Bugloss, Butterfly Wing, Columbine, Luminous Russula, Mountain Flower, Water Hyacinth
    Drain Magicka: Bugloss, Columbine, Corn Flower, Lady's Smock
    Drain Stamina: Blessed Thistle, Columbine, Dragonthorn, Mountain Flower

Damage Health: Blessed Thistle, Corn Flower, Emetic Russula, Nightshade, Nirnroot, Stinkhorn, Violet Coprinus
    Damage Magicka: Blue Entoloma, Emetic Russula, Scrib Jelly, Violet Coprinus, White Cap
    Damage Stamina: Emetic Russula, Fleshfly Larva, Imp Stool, Luminous Russula, Stinkhorn

Just check the name, of course, as if the two you pick share other traits, it will possibly name it after the other effect.

I'm on X1/NA and we're currently in Maintenance, so I can't test exactly which ones will work at the moment. I can update this when I can.

That is superb - thank you! :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    I do the writs every day using the following:

Drain Health Poison: Alkahest, Bugloss, Beetle Scuttle and Mountain Flower

Damage Stamina Poison IX: Alkahest, Fleshfly, Beetle Scuttle and Imp Stool

Damage Magicka Poison IX: Alkahest, Blue Entoma, Butterfly Wing, and Whitecap

Damage Health Poison IX: Alkahest, Emetic Russola, Fleshfly Larva and Nightshade

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage Health Poison IX: Alkahest, Emetic Russola, Fleshfly Larva and Nightshade

Awesome - thank you so much Latonia!
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need to always use three reagents, BTW. For example, you can make a Damage Stamina Poison with just (from memory) Fleshfly and Nightshade. If it's for a Master Writ and you need the three bonuses then fair enough, but for something simple like daily writs then two is enough.
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on September 16, 2017 8:25AM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    Alkahest butterfly wing lady smack blue Entoloma that's the correct one to make cheers! Just made a ton of it hope it helps everyone
    Edited by wolveman on September 23, 2017 1:45AM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DiteHart wrote: »
    That seems to be correct.

PC NA, PC EU

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Alchemy will help you with any master writ combination for the craft. They're all listed in that subsection of the page.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.