The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Appearance Change on a Vampire Character

FemmeAnon
FemmeAnon
Soul Shriven
My Khajiit recently became a vampire and I wasn't a huge fan of how her appearance changed so I've been wondering if using an Appearance Change token will have any affect?
In other words if I use an appearance change token, will my Khajiit keep the new appearance or will the "vamp filter" go over her new appearance as well?
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No an appearance change will not work. Using a skin or polymorph will completely hide it. Using certain crafted hats or purchased ones from the crown store that hide the entire face work. If you do not want to use a entire face helmet then others that hide certain portions of the characters face will hide some of the vampire look effect. Keeping your Vampire at stage 1 the look is not that severe either but you will not be able to take advantage of some of the vampire passives at stage 1.
    Edited by Palidon on August 23, 2017 12:51PM
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a Khajiit your character has never been good looking anyway...
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a Khajiit your character has never been good looking anyway...

Cats have beautiful faces. :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • FemmeAnon
    FemmeAnon
    Soul Shriven
    Palidon wrote: »
    No an appearance change will not work. Using a skin or polymorph will completely hide it. Using certain crafted hats or purchased ones from the crown store that hide the entire face work. If you do not want to use a entire face helmet then others that hide certain portions of the characters face will hide some of the vampire look effect. Keeping your Vampire at stage 1 the look is not that severe either but you will not be able to take advantage of some of the vampire passives at stage 1.

Thank you so much for your detailed answer! :)
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you pick up a disguise and wear that it hides the vampire appearance. However disguises also hide any crown store appearance changes. So you appearance is whatever it was at character creation. A list of disguises and where to get them is here: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/disguises/
    Edited by Thannazzar on August 23, 2017 4:31PM