Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Got enough for attunable crafting station.. what do I get? what do I attune?

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The gold recipes are useless to me because my crafts are all on different characters. I also don't have DLC or morrowind so I can't attune those sets.

I already have enchanting and alchemy stations. And one attuned clothing station, attuned to julianos during the ESO+ free week.

The only other thing to consider is ebony motif.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever set you're most likely to use yourself, or if it's for a guild hall, of most use to your guild. Higher priority to more difficult to reach spots like those in Imperial City, Expansion/DLC zones, or only accessible after completing such and such a task (ie like those at Isle of Eyevea).

Personally, I work from the list of those crafted sets which I recommend here.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I probably craft seducers the most just because its a good leveling set. People in zone chat always want gear. Although it is fairly easy to get to.

Oh wait! Crown Sale. *Goes and buys the DLC*

My PVP character is a stamblade so I should be able to stealth my way to the crafting stations.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The first attune station i made were for armor master, since getting to it is something more than the usual trek.

I opened it up to my guildies too so they could get the benefits without needing the slog thru pvp land each time.

I think my second was assassin guile, to open it up more easily for guildies and myself.

but a couple of my guilds have large troves of these covering many of the popular ones and all of the chapter and pvp zone ones so... not much need anymore.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only the IC sets are worth having IMO, since there may be long queues on campaigns and/or you might get ambushed trying to reach them. I've noticed that many players have created specialized crafter characters that are not very combat proficient and that may pose a problem for them. The rest are easy to reach from wayshrines and don't pose special problems, unless you are a player who relies on subscription and doesn't plan on renewing it. In that case it might be worth also getting the other DLC ones. I find the price of attunable stations prohibitively high for what they offer and I've chosen to spend my vouchers on recipes instead.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always wondered what stations I would attune if I had one of these. The ones that are a pain to get to, or the ones that I use all the time. Tough to figure out.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You said you don't have the DLC's, in which case you probably don't need any attuned crafting stations - for the simple reason that they are all easy to get to in the base game.

I have 4 attuned sets, only chosen for convenience so that I can do master writs with minimal fuss;
    The 3 IC sets - purely because they are a pain in the A** to get to.
    Clever Alchemy - for the same reason, unless you spend time sneaking, you have to fight NPC's to reach it.

As I only have access to TG and DB through a sub, I might get all of those sets next so that if I drop the sub I can still make those sets.

With that thought - here is a suggestion. You put a lot of effort into getting vouchers for multiple sets, sub for a month so you can access all DLC's, then go on an attuning frenzy so you can drop the sub and still craft in those sets.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do I do with all my master writs then?
    I cannot use any of the recipes because my crafting isn't all on the same character I can't actually use any of them.
    I only got to 250 because I could finally move all my writs to the same character.

I actually bought the DLCs yesterday, because crown sale... But I am not super interested in the IC sets. maybe Clever Alchemist?? I mean that is a set I use.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I cannot use any of the recipes because my crafting isn't all on the same character I can't actually use any of them.
    I only got to 250 because I could finally move all my writs to the same character.

I actually bought the DLCs yesterday, because crown sale... But I am not super interested in the IC sets. maybe Clever Alchemist?? I mean that is a set I use.

Alchemists fit... It is useful and a little tough to get too, but you might need 2 stations if you want weapons too, unless you plan heavy armor alchemy.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

I initially got Armor Master because I was, and still am, getting quite a few master writs for that set - just something to think about.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.