Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Falkreath Hold mechanics (spoiler)

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I did the FRH dungeon for the first time and there are 2 things i dont understand...its possible they are not relevant on normal difficulty tough.

The first is in the tomb with the ghost mobs. I dont understand what that cleansing aura you can get from the vases is supposed to do?

The second is the fight against the 3 guys that turn into the bonelord. There are some sacred ground pools that look like you have to move there to protect yourself or cleanse something but never had any need for it?

Best Answer

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleansing mechanic:
    Here´s how it works, during the boss fight draugr will spawn in the room. When they die the corpse stays on the ground where they got killed. From time to time the boss will use a synergy/skill (looks like an expanding circle under your feet). When this synergy is completed you will take damage. The more corpses that aren´t cleansed, the more damage you will take. In veteran you´ll get hit for 6-7k/corpse that aren´t cleansed. The best way to deal with this is to have a DK that can chain the adds in and then aoe them all down. One or both of the DD´s grab a cleansing synergi and Cleans all dead adds.

The 3 Friends and the Bonelord:
    When you kill one of the 3 "minibosses" there will be a small circle around them. When you walk over the circle you´ll see a ritualsite glowing. Walk/run over to that place and you´ll kill the "miniboss". Note that you can´t run to the same ritualsite twice. During the time when you run with the "synergy" you can´t be healed so make sure to pop a shield or kill the boss Close to the ritualsite. After all "minibosses" are dead a bonelord will spawn. A huge aoe will come on all 4 players. Block and do not overlap and you´ll be fine. Bring the bonelord down to 50% Health and the 3 Friends will spawn again. Repeat this until bonelord spawns again and kill him.
    Answer ✓
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok...
    The aura ~ Have your tank pick it up and run through all the ghosts and they will turn mortal so then you can kill them.
    The three hag's, ~ There will be a ring around them when they hit a hp level, grab the ring, your screen will turn "blueish?" and then look for a rune glowing to the side. Run to that rune and that one hag will die. Note you have to do this over and over.
    Hope this helps... :smiley:
    note...This is on normal, I just ran this tonight for first time too.... :)
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on August 22, 2017 5:53AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea.

I've long been an advocate of Google.

Maybe if we start posting the mechanics here they will be read. Educate the player base.

I think it is a good idea.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First as for the cleanse you get from the urn, it is necessary to cleanse the bodies of the draugers that are killed, it is not important to do this before the drauger boss, however on the boss after killing the add, one dd must go and take the cleanse aura and activate the syrengy on the bodies or you will wipe, atleast dds and healer will 100% die.

Second as for the bone boss, you have 3adds that you need to kill and collect their souls then go to one of the pads, bear in mind you can't go to a pad that you or your teammate already went to with a soul also while you have the soul you get a 100% healing debuff, so it is better tank or magdd with sheild do this, this is usually done twice, as at i think 50% the boss again summons the adds, if you failed getting the soul to the pad it returns and the add enrages, bear in mind adds hit pretty hard avoid their attacks specially the 2h, his heavy attack will one shot a tank if not blocking or low health, or when he get summoned again along the other 2 will have extra attack that you need to avoid specially the 2h.
    Edited by ValkynSketha on August 22, 2017 6:20AM