The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Error 404 Page Not Found every time I try to buy crowns

ed7878
ed7878
✭✭
Every time I buy crows, I click on one of the (5500, 750, etc), and then I choose the one for PC, and then it says you have to log in for that and offers me a box to log in, so I do, and then I get a 404 page. Note sure what to do. Anybody have a fix for this?
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Just tried it. Works for me. I selected PC Crowns. Works.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works for me too. Might try logging in first. Also maybe clear cache and cookies.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ed7878 wrote: »
    Every time I buy crows, I click on one of the (5500, 750, etc), and then I choose the one for PC, and then it says you have to log in for that and offers me a box to log in, so I do, and then I get a 404 page. Note sure what to do. Anybody have a fix for this?

I can't remember if this was exactly what I experienced, but I have had weird errors when trying to buy crowns. Kept failing. But I tried again a few hours later and it was fine, so I assume there was some temporary problem server side.

Have you tried logging in to account management first via its direct page, then buying the crowns?

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/
  • ed7878
    ed7878
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I have tried logging in first but it hasn't worked.
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having trouble not too long ago. I had better luck purchasing crowns from in game than I did just getting on the website without being in game. If you don't see any changes in your situation soon, try contacting customer service. It took a couple of days, but we got it sorted out.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ed7878 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I have tried logging in first but it hasn't worked.

When you say it hasn't worked, do you mean logging in via the account page hasn't worked or you could login but then couldn't buy crowns? Just for the sake of helping to pinpoint the problem.

Given crowns have gone on sale, I'd second CM's advice. Contact CS immediately and include details about how many crowns you want to purchase at the discounted price. That should theoretically guarantee you get them eventually.

Be aware though. CS can be a trial.