The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Do you really think the price of shortening research for one day is worth it

Lirkin
Lirkin
✭✭✭✭
If it was good for the whole research of an item I thing 400 would be ok but not one day.
Maybe even if they were 100 for one day I might think about buying some.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can already buy these with in-game gold, master writs for vouchers.
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    Lol no, not even remotely.
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are going to have it take months to learn all traits, then it should take months to learn all traits. I get monetization, but these things should be expensive, if monetized.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me, it's completely pointless, not even sure why it exists. Now, if you could use it on something with 20+ days left, and it finished that research project up, that would be spectacular. But removing one day off of a 20+ day project is basically meaningless.

I feel like they invented it so that they can give you more crap in the Crown Crates that look and sound exciting, but really are about as exciting as more crown potions, food or whatever other worthless junk is in those crates.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's just another money making exercise. I'm trying to be realistic here, not cynical.

As with everything in the crown store, the cost of these 1 day scrolls is relative to the wealth of the individual purchaser. For some of the people who play this game the cost of these 1 day scrolls in monetary terms is less than trivial.

If people do buy these scrolls I welcome their financial contribution to this game.

As for me, I'm patient. I have no problem waiting full the 27 days for 9th trait research to complete.

PC EU
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's just another money making exercise. I'm trying to be realistic here, not cynical.

As with everything in the crown store, the cost of these 1 day scrolls is relative to the wealth of the individual purchaser. For some of the people who play this game the cost of these 1 day scrolls in monetary terms is less than trivial.

If people do buy these scrolls I welcome their financial contribution to this game.

As for me, I'm patient. I have no problem waiting full the 27 days for 9th trait research to complete.

If you were truly patient, you'd save the skill points wait a lot more than 27 days for that, LOL. :P

Yeah, I'd not use them either (but have spent the skill points, so more miserly than patient, lol).
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 22, 2017 5:03PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    If it was good for the whole research of an item I thing 400 would be ok but not one day.
    Maybe even if they were 100 for one day I might think about buying some.

i would not pay for these with crowns myself but for some it may seem worth it.

frankly, with the gains for traits 8-9 being so mediocre, i doubt i would ever go 9 trait for all on a character again.

while these might be worthwile in the abstract from a writ voucher purchase - it seems like if you have lotsa writ vouchers you likely already have a top end crafter so... not so much.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am at 9/9 on my Master Crafter, so in no way will these benefit me.

I have only used the ones I got from some Crown Crates on the back up crafter I doing research on.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do a lot of Daily Writs and get a lot of vouchers, it definetly is. At 3 vouchers those scrolls are super cheap and you can buy then just by doing the easy Alchemy Writs.

With Julianos and Hunding's / Night Mother's Gaze being really competitive in Horns, I'd definetly invest into them now if my research wasn't complete.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...if you want to be able to craft certain sets sooner, they may be worth buying with WVs. However, my husband was thinking of using them to speed up research in order to be able to complete a MW, but then quickly realized that spending WVs in order to get WVs was pointless.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about the vouchers I am talking about the crowns. 400 for one day.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    I'm not talking about the vouchers I am talking about the crowns. 400 for one day.

Then I don't think it is.

There is no real conversion, but the are so much cheaper in game that I would NOT spend Crown on them, no matter what the situation.

On Xbox, you can get enough gold to buy one in game from traders just by playing the game for less than an hour and selling the stuff you pick up. They are really cheap in game.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the crown price is ok but the voucher price is too low. Anyone can grind the vouchers daily through alchemy and enchant writs. Making such crafters is very easy, taking some gold for purchases and few hours time.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I think the crown price is ok but the voucher price is too low. Anyone can grind the vouchers daily through alchemy and enchant writs. Making such crafters is very easy, taking some gold for purchases and few hours time.

Well iirc those types of the speed-ups have a 24 hr cool down so, unlike the crowns, you can only really end up shortening the overall crafting time from ludicrous to half-ludicrous.

So i dont see them as "too cheap" given the excess at the higher end crafting trait times.

the only reason i would consider using even those is that the availability of vouchers is, as you observe, significant.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am against these 'short cuts' being too cheap and would never use them myself anyway.

But I have a 9 trait crafter, an 8 trait crafter and 6 other characters within about 6 weeks of being 8 trait crafters (they have only 3 or 4 pieces waiting to be researched in any craft).
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If someone wants to spend their vouchers on these research scrolls to help them reduce the time, it just means less vouchers to spend on all the other stuff they might want to get from the MW merchant. You might think 3 vouchers is insignificant, but considering that 8th and 9th traits all take 30 days (27 with ESO+) and the number of pieces to research over 3 crafts, it adds up. Plus, there's a cooldown, so someone can't just go and buy a bunch of these and immediately complete their research.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    It might be. This is one where I can see it really depending on a lot of factors for each person.

At first I thought it still had the 1-day cooldown-- it wouldn't really be worth it when they're each only 3 writ vouchers, unless you're having a lot of issues getting/completing writ vouchers (for example, maybe you are a crafter with 6+ traits in most places, but you liked costumes and didn't put much focus on motifs or something) and you have a lot of things you want to spend vouchers on.
    In that case, you wouldn't want to spend any voucher so if you have the money or crowns, you might decide to spend it on the scrolls.(Assuming you'd rather spend in-game gold on other things and/or not a lot of people are selling the scrolls).

BUT! I just read that it doesn't have the cooldown so I can see why it can be tempting, especially in certain situations.

For example, if someone were going on 2-week vacation or something, I could totally see them spending maybe $10-20 to finish up some research and start a new one if something is going to end while they're on vacation. (For example, finishing up something with 3 days left and starting an 8th or 9th trait.)

Personally, I'm tempted, but only to use my current crowns. For me 400 crowns is $4 (since I'm not the type to buy a TON of more crowns just because they're technically cheaper), and I can spend that money on other things. But, with ESO Plus, I get 1500 crowns a month. Usually, I still do the "is it worth the cash value" thing, but when I'm sitting on almost 5000 crowns and I'm not seeing anything I want, and can't revert them back to cash, I might as well find stuff to spend them on.

So, I might actually buy a few. I only have about a month or two before I'm under 3 items in blacksmithing and clothing, and I probably won't buy more of either scroll (vouchers or crown) once I reach that point. If they're the only thing really interesting for me to get in the crown store for a while, I might as well get them now.
    Edited by DiteHart on September 1, 2017 12:33PM
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler