The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skooma Bubbler Patterns gone forever?

Zells
Zells
✭✭✭
I have been farming Skooma Bubblers and patterns for a while now, and this weekend found that they no longer drop. They used to be lootable via pickpocketing from the servants of the Abah's Landing Palace during the stage of the Thieves Guild questline where you enter the palace - dlc locked, guild locked, and quest locked. The pickpocketing lists for those servants, in that location, included the patterns and bubblers, as well as a host of blue and green items that were skooma-related (pipes, "moon-sugar machete", etc.) - it was obviously a keyword or "drug item" flag on the drop lists. Now /all/ those items are missing from the palace servants, even the green and blue items.

Does anyone know if the list accidentally deleted or removed and will be fixed later? Or is this an intentional, permanent change? Will the pattern return to the game in the same location or a different one, or is it gone forever?
Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well...I guess this answers my question regarding the below from the Update 15 patch notes:

General

•Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    hopefully we'll see them on other NPCs
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a guess but probably the PC police scared them into removing the items?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen people mention here that the Skooma Bubbler can now be found on Drunks, I'm not sure about the recipe though
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

I doubt it, there's been no negitive news reportage on this. I can't imagine them removing it if there hasn't been any sign of negitive backlash
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    I have found Skooma Bubbler furniture though on 2 drunks but no recipe though..so yeah it might be have been removed from game
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zells wrote: »
    I have been farming Skooma Bubblers and patterns for a while now, and this weekend found that they no longer drop. They used to be lootable via pickpocketing from the servants of the Abah's Landing Palace during the stage of the Thieves Guild questline where you enter the palace - dlc locked, guild locked, and quest locked. The pickpocketing lists for those servants, in that location, included the patterns and bubblers, as well as a host of blue and green items that were skooma-related (pipes, "moon-sugar machete", etc.) - it was obviously a keyword or "drug item" flag on the drop lists. Now /all/ those items are missing from the palace servants, even the green and blue items.

Does anyone know if the list accidentally deleted or removed and will be fixed later? Or is this an intentional, permanent change? Will the pattern return to the game in the same location or a different one, or is it gone forever?

it no longer drops in the palace, as that was a quest instance and once you finish that quest, you can not return there. they have taken it out of the palace and it now drops from "Adicts" (drunkards I read), but I believe it is a category of NPCs (similar to for example "noble", "hunter", etc...)
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Well...I guess this answers my question regarding the below from the Update 15 patch notes:

General

•Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.

Aha. Thanks, @Jayne_Doe - I missed that line entirely.

As a general rule, I hate to see patterns removed from the game because it means new players don't have the chance to get them, so I hope that's not the case. But I did always think it was weird that those patterns/bubblers were only in that place, because it encouraged players to stop proceeding forward in a quest line in order to farm gold. I actually love that palace and enjoyed spending farming time there; I'm sad to see that go. But I get it.

I am curious enough about it to try and farm some drunks. Gotta find a good location to try though, might take a while, but if I get a pattern drop I'll come back to this thread and give an update.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skywatch and Windhelm are good locales for drunkards.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Skywatch and Windhelm are good locales for drunkards.

Oooh, Skywatch, good call. Hadn't thought of that.

Hey, fellow pickpockets - how about drunks in Vvardenfell? Might as well be farming Morrowind patterns at the same time.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    That update is for PC, right? I should still be able to get it on console? I've been farming servants and have gotten a few bubblers but no recipe. Am I just wasting my time?
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on xbox and got 3 recipes in an hour, today.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on August 22, 2017 10:22PM
    Xbox One Na
  • Morbidchemical
    The xbox patch hasn't hit yet, so i would assume it still works. I have yet to find the pattern, but ive stolen 10 bubblers in a couple hours.
    Xbox NA GT: Morbidchemical
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    The xbox patch hasn't hit yet, so i would assume it still works. I have yet to find the pattern, but ive stolen 10 bubblers in a couple hours.

Yeah, I got a bunch of bubblers, and a ridiculous bounty but no diagram. The first time I went through I had close to a 15,000g bounty, teleported out, came back a few hours later but half the servants were empty.

I just teleported out again with a 12000 gold bounty, sigh I suck, lol. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend

when are they going to let me downvote posts?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably the same time they add a sarcasm button.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Probably the same time they add a sarcasm button.

or the Teemoed button
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also other "servant" tagged npcs in the game. I haven't focused on them to see if they drop the plan now. Seeing as the notes say "certain servants".

Off the top of my head there is a Servant npc (Khajiit no less) in Balmora in the house with 3 nobles across from where the bard/performer is.